Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times

Advertisements

Know why there are so many dumb kids today? Cause they don't have toys that can kill them. Think back to your childhood. What toys did you play with that were deadly dangerous?

Weebles Wobble-the originals were the perfect size for choking
Lawn Darts-loved lawn darts. We had sense enough to watch out when someone was throwing and get the heck out of the way!
Electric trains-I had an electric train. You connected two copper wires to the tracks and then wrap the other end of the wires around two post on the electric controller. Move the lever on the controller and the train moved. About as safe as putting a fork in an electrical socket.
Chemistry Set-these sets aren't what's sold today. These were lethal weapons of mass destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Know why there are so many dumb kids today? Cause they don't have toys that can kill them. Think back to your childhood. What toys did you play with that were deadly dangerous?

Lawn Darts-loved lawn darts. We had sense enough to watch out when someone was throwing and get the heck out of the way!
Electric trains-I had an electric train. You connected two copper wires to the tracks and then wrap the other end of the wires around two post on the electric controller. Move the lever on the controller and the train moved. About as safe as putting a fork in an electrical socket.
Chemistry Set-these sets aren't what's sold today. These were lethal weapons of mass destruction.
Yeah, I had an awesome chemistry set.. My parents were always wondering what I would blow up, boil over or what gas I would create next.. lmao.. They were very courageous people my folks...

Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post

Good point. Culled the herd. Now they all survive to voting age and we get this mess on our hands.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:15 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Yeah, I had an awesome chemistry set.. My parents were always wondering what I would blow up, boil over or what gas I would create next.. lmao.. They were very courageous people my folks...
All the boys had BB guns.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
All the boys had BB guns.
Mine was a Daisy. The kid next door shot me with it a couple times so to punish him, his parents gave me his.. (then went out and bought him a better one)

Old 03-24-2012, 09:20 PM

I once mixed amonia, bleach and I think it was sulfur... I cleared the house out for about two hours.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Mine was a Daisy. The kid next door shot me with it a couple times so to punish him, his parents gave me his.. (then went out and bought him a better one)
Those BB guns hurt like a sob when you got shot too. Then the yearly roman candle wars now those were fun. Can barely get a smoke bomb off around here without somebody callin the cops on the 4th anymore.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Those BB guns hurt like a sob when you got shot too. Then the yearly roman candle wars now those were fun. Can barely get a smoke bomb off around here without somebody callin the cops on the 4th anymore.
Roman candles and bottle rocket wars.. Then there were the cactus and firecracker grenades

Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Bucky Covington - A Different World - YouTube

Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Sling shots really hit the big time when they started using surgical tubing instead of rubber bands. Cowboys and indians was a lot more exciting when the indians had real bow and arrows. And didn't every boy have a pocket knife? Remember when you could get a tiny knife from the gumball machine? Get caught with that tiny thing in school and you're expelled right to jail in handcuffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies