Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
Do you think some people who loudly voice their mind against Zimmerman without all the facts start to feel stupid, or do you think they are too ignorant to correct themselves?

Both.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
People are reading your comments and they are shocked that you're just okay with the death of a young man in the manner in which it occurred and that, frankly, you have missed the whole point.

Do YOU know all the facts? In the "manner" it occurred is up for debate. There must have been an excellent reason the police didn't arrest Zimmerman - he was beaten, bloddy, with a broken nose and a witness described what he saw.

You are the one who keeps bringing up race. No one will deny this tragedy has spun out of control, that there are national characters trying to monopolize on this. No one will deny that there is nothing anyone can do to bring Trayvon back, and that, likely, because the way the Stand Your Ground law is written, Zimmerman may very well get off. I hope not since he was the catalyst for this, but he may well get off.

His attorney said from the very beginning, the SYG law does NOT apply here. Only the media and the exploiters have claimed that.

What's worse about your thought processes is that if in fact Trayvon was suspended from school because of drugs, then somehow he deserved what he got.

No, it just proves that he was not the innocent, clean, nice young man the media, his parents and the race baiters (Al & Jesse) are claiming.

Of course your comments are not personal. It's because you don't care at all.
Right. Only those that agree Zimmerman gunned down a black teen in cold blood really, really care.

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course Zimmerman could have chosen to not create a conflict where one wasn't warranted. Of the multiple calls Zimmerman made to 911, how many actually led to criminal behavior?
Sounds like Martin created the conflict. Zimmerman must have had a pretty good idea of how long it would take the police to get there. He didn't want to lose him.

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
And the media has photo shopped his picture.

Riehl World View: As Media Reports Conflict, Why Was Trayvon Martin Photo Altered?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
What shirt?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not at all. Where have I said the kid was guilty?

I'm just countering all of the false and misleading info that I see. And there is a lot of it. So if that's giving somebody the benefit of the doubt, so be it.
Oh you mean two post ago when you insinuated that he was stealing?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A word: Duke LaCrosse Team.

[URL="http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-thousands-march-in-protest-to-florida-hearing-on-trayvon-martin-slaying"]U.S. News - Thousands march in protest to Florida hearing on Trayvon Martin slaying[/URL]

So what? He was in his car, called 911, said the suspect was running and the police said there was already a unit close by and asked which entrance he was running toward, so why did he chase after him with a gun? Look at my other post where I ask why he followed Martin for so long and never identified himself as the neighborhood watch. He stalked the teenager and, to be perfectly honest, I don't blame him for trying to defend himself against this disturbed wannabe cop. No matter what, I cannot believe that people are saying that shooting someone because he punches you is okay.

These witness reports are very sketchy at best. I mean, one man who wants to stay anonymous claims Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating him and said "Stop. I'll call 911" Why didn't Zimmerman say he already called 911 and they're on the way? Yet a woman who lives there and is willing to go on TV said Martin was the one who was crying out for help.

I don't know what happened. Nobody does except for Zimmerman. However, the people who are defending his actions must think it's just fine if a man stalks you, corners you with a gun, and then he shoots you because you fight back. In any case, he provoked the entire incident.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
People are reading your comments and they are shocked that you're just okay with the death of a young man in the manner in which it occurred and that, frankly, you have missed the whole point. You are the one who keeps bringing up race. No one will deny this tragedy has spun out of control, that there are national characters trying to monopolize on this. No one will deny that there is nothing anyone can do to bring Trayvon back, and that, likely, because the way the Stand Your Ground law is written, Zimmerman may very well get off. I hope not since he was the catalyst for this, but he may well get off.

What's worse about your thought processes is that if in fact Trayvon was suspended from school because of drugs, then somehow he deserved what he got.

Of course your comments are not personal. It's because you don't care at all.
You are a classic case of someone who doesn't understand what they read.

1) I am not "OK" with Trayvon Martin's death. To assert that I am makes you a liar, at worst, or willfully ignorant, at best.

2) I have NOT asserted that "drugs" are an indicator that he "deserved what he got." To make this gross misrepresentation of my words makes you a liar. Not willfully ignorant. A liar.

Do not put words in my mouth. If you have no intention in trying to understand my perspective, then move on. Your input is not appreciated or wanted if you're not smart enough to keep up.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Trayvon Martin's mom files trademark papers (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/03/26/national/a142150D15.DTL - broken link)

Trayvon's mom bout' to get dat money cuz.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Well, people demanded for an investigation and now that they got one, they are not happy with some of the inconvenient details, like the drugs, three suspensions from school, and the fact it may have been self defence after all.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-26-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies