Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:51 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
But from some facts heard, appears zimmerman has been paranoid in the past, without probable cause.
How did you conclude that?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:52 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,971,916 times
People are reading your comments and they are shocked that you're just okay with the death of a young man in the manner in which it occurred and that, frankly, you have missed the whole point. You are the one who keeps bringing up race. No one will deny this tragedy has spun out of control, that there are national characters trying to monopolize on this. No one will deny that there is nothing anyone can do to bring Trayvon back, and that, likely, because the way the Stand Your Ground law is written, Zimmerman may very well get off. I hope not since he was the catalyst for this, but he may well get off.

What's worse about your thought processes is that if in fact Trayvon was suspended from school because of drugs, then somehow he deserved what he got.

Of course your comments are not personal. It's because you don't care at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You don't have to reply. No reply necessary. You know exactly what i'm saying. It's not personal. But I have a feeling my full-throttle honesty hits home. I hope every black person and Trayvon Sympathizer on this forum reads my comments.

5,391 posts, read 7,238,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The hospital was too far away. There was no medical team at the crime scene.
Centracare Florida hospital is four miles away.

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Martin could have chosen to simply walk away from a conflict, but chose instead to incite one. It is certainly terrible that he paid for his poor decision with his life, but it was, in the end, his decision.
Of course Zimmerman could have chosen to not create a conflict where one wasn't warranted. Of the multiple calls Zimmerman made to 911, how many actually led to criminal behavior?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,394,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A lame attempt at humor.

Again, are you really suggesting that "who started" the argument has any relevance at all? I think that the conflict started with the assault, which was initiated by Martin. If you don't want to get shot, do not initiate an assault.

Martin could have chosen to simply walk away from a conflict, but chose instead to incite one. It is certainly terrible that he paid for his poor decision with his life, but it was, in the end, his decision.

Would everyone be more happy if Martin had killed Zimmerman? It appears that way and that many here are condoning assault and battery as a logical and normal means of problem solving. Here is the problem- assault and battery is a crime. Further, if one is assaulted and thier life is in danger, responding with lethal force is acceptable. Perhaps this will be a message to thugs everywhere.
Actually I would have been happy if zimmerman had called the police and stayed in his car. And I wasn't trying to be funny but every five minutes a different poster posts a different account of how the incident happened...if you all know the answers why are there so many different stories?

Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,755,002 times
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

12,770 posts, read 11,580,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It was on the 911 tape. I listened to it and the police did not block his address or his telephone number. I am in the library now, so I can't post the link, but you can go to the Sanford Police Dept website and there is a link to the Trayvor Martin investigation. I was shocked too, but it was still on the 911 tape this morning.
Why would a 911 call for help have Zimmermans address on it? It should have been the address where he was calling from.
If they do list it for public consumption, that is completely irresponsible. Would they do the same to other victims?

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Its amazing how you are willing to give zimmerman every benefit of the doubt but Trayvon not so much.

Not at all. Where have I said the kid was guilty?

I'm just countering all of the false and misleading info that I see. And there is a lot of it. So if that's giving somebody the benefit of the doubt, so be it.

12,867 posts, read 14,933,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yessiree. Spike Lee even tweeted Zimmerman's address. That should be a crime, if it isn't already.
does anyone have spike's address?

it's always the mark of a true genius to try and pile one tragedy on top of another one.

or maybe not.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:55 PM

166 posts, read 347,658 times
Do you think some people who loudly voice their mind against Zimmerman without all the facts start to feel stupid, or do you think they are too ignorant to correct themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies