Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:37 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
BS is about the nicest thing I can say about your post.

Obama is not selling hoodies or anything else with Trayvon Martin's name on them.

And I'd like an explanation why it's ok for GOP candidates to raise money by selling hoodies but not Obama. Oh wait I already know the answer. Whenever Obama does something that Republicans do they squawk. Got it. I'm going to make sure I get an Obama hoodie.
Deny, deny, deny. Ignore my posts showing Obama's re-election campaign announcing the sale of the hoodies via twitter, then cancelling because the realized what a douche move it was. Here it is again. Feel free to deflect or completely ignore it once again.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:39 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
So people want to say Zimmerman had a right to stand his ground. Doesn't seem anyone is looking at Trevons right to stand his ground... He is having someone follow him and make him feel uncomfortable. So the kid stands his ground and punches out his aggressor... Didn't he have the same right to stand his ground, when threatened? His issue was he brought fists to a gun fight....

Seems they both were wrong to me. Zimmerman didn't stand down , as directed by the police. Trevon attacked Zimmerman instead of other options with the perceived threat..... You just never know what yahoo is carrying a gun... It is always better to err on the side of caution.

trevon was apparently trespassing as he jumped the fence of a gated community. then wonders why someone is following him... not a real bright kid apparently.

The other curiosity is how it seems people want to make it a white vs black race issue when Zimmerman wasn't white.

You are aware that his race is not as much a factor as it was for the victim who was not treated (historically) as an equal and was purposely targeted because of it.

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
"Obama 2012 re-election campaign announced via Twitter on Monday that it was putting its collegiate hooded sweatshirt on sale. "
O. . . .M. . . .G!!! A collegiate hooded sweatshirt! Geez, I own one myself (not from any of Obama's colleges though). I think I'll go put it on, just because!

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Quote:
"With a single punch," the Orlando Sentinel, citing police sources, reported Monday, "Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer ... climbed on top of [him] and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times, leaving him bloody and battered."
"That is the account Zimmerman gave police," the paper said, "and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say."
Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Twitter account, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
If nothing else, Zimmerman really must be an idiot.

Who in the world gets it into their head to pursue a "suspicious person" on foot if all it takes is one punch to deck them? And he was "crying for help?" Really? He wanted to be a police officer?
I guess when you have a punk with a gun in his possession, a sense of power goes with it? Would he have pursued TM if he hand't had a gun? Highly doubt it. Would have probably not pursued TM and would have called the cops and stayed back until they arrived and let the police handle it. Same outcome if GZ had listened to the police when they told him not to pursue TM.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
We dont need to be putting Trayvons past on trial here either. That has nothing to do with what happened that night. It was a tragedy and we need to let the investigation take its course. If they find his story credible due to witnesses or whatever, then so be it. Thats the law. If they think they need to take him to trial and think he did something intentional or whatever then let him defend himself in a court of law, though I cant imagine how he gets a fair trial now.
Bottom line is, if they believed he should be arrested they wouldve done so by now. Obviously they do not yet have the evidence. So why dont many of you calling for his head wiat until you have all that evidence to make a decision in your own mind?

Why is it in every other part of the country if you kill someone you will be arrested or at least detained except in this small obsure town in Florida?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
The more details I learn about this case, the more it seems that Zimmerman was justified in the use of force. This reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse players case.
How is that possible other than it became a racial issue there are no similiarities

Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
O. . . .M. . . .G!!! A collegiate hooded sweatshirt! Geez, I own one myself (not from any of Obama's colleges though). I think I'll go put it on, just because!
If you can't see the correlation between the Obama campaign announcing the sale of hoodies and the TM case, you are either lying or brain dead.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 AM

At the same token why are you showing zimmermen in a shirt and tie smiling and at the same time showing a phony picture of Trayvon?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why is it in every other part of the country if you kill someone you will be arrested or at least detained except in this small obsure town in Florida?
Zimmerman was detained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies