Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:16 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Detainment for a couple of hours vs be detained until the investigestion is over are two different things
Smack yourself a little harder because the fact is, he WAS detained.

And two, why do you keep insisting that Zimmerman should turn himself in? For what? There are no warrants, he's not being charged and the police, to my knowledge, aren't seeking him for additional questioning.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He did not "stand his ground"; he approached Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car, confronted him, and assaulted him. Martin was clearly the agressor who committed the crime, and he suffered the consequences.
How do you know this? Were you there or are you speculating? Or is this something GZ told to a friend and they went on air and parroted what GZ told them?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Detainment for a couple of hours vs be detained until the investigestion is over are two different things
What do they charge him with, or is the new law to detain people w/o charges, until we can find evidence of some crime to charge them with?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What do they charge him with, or is the new law to detain people w/o charges, until we can find evidence of some crime to charge them with?
I just heard this on the news a few minutes ago. READ the link.

Reports: Police Pursued Manslaughter Charge In Trayvon Martin's Death : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
after screaming themselves hoarse over gitmo, some leftists are suddenly big fans of indefinite detention and being held without charges

Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The fact is, there is a dead boy who was being pursued by someone with a weapon. You choose to be selective in what you read, I choose to read as much as I can.

As long as someone can easily kill another individual, justify that killing because there is a law that allows one to do so, no police investigation, poor police procedure, no trial, in my eyes the deceased is the victim.

You know that I'm being selective in what I'm reading? lol. I don't have all the facts, neither do you. You're assuming, I'm not. I don't rule out any possibilities. If TM pursued Zimmerman, was attacking him and not letting up, and there was a true threat to Zimmerman's life, then TM was NOT a victim. Many people, including myself, think that there's something more to the story. I want to know what it is before I pass judgement. If Zimmerman shot TM when he didn't need to, then lock his ass up and throw away the key. I'm not defending or condemning anyone until I know what actually happened that night.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Impartial? From the beginning you were taking the "sweet innocent boy" angle, that he was a model student. Now that info has come out that he has had his share of problems, you've not let that change your opinion at all. And now that retaliatory crime is starting, you're just downplaying it...so excuse me if I miss the impartiality.

I'm still not saying the guy deserved to die, but it's sure looking like it was partially his fault. Neither am I saying that you think Zimmerman intentially murdered him...only that you deny any responsibility on behalf of Martin.
Lets put it this way if some one was following me and they were not police officers nor identified themselves I would try to put a stop to it (only because I can't run far or fast) or something like this can happen
Jordan Miles, Teen Violinist: Beat By Police Over Mt. Dew Bottle ...

If these officers were disciplined for beating a innocent youn man why can't zimmerman be detained for killing one

Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
One thing I've noticed is that more and more the media is using the word "complicated" in regards to this case. This is media-speak for "we f-ed up".

Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So it's just a coincidence that the Obama campaign announced this on Monday, then cancelled it. No connection between that and the TM case. Got it. BTW I'm an independent, not right wing, not left wing. Both sides are equally guilty of failing to see their hypocrisy. I think for myself, you seem to be spoonfed be the "left wing smear apparatus".
Of course they cancelled it. Because it would be stupidly lied about, overblown and detract from important issues. The people that latch onto idiotic premises are as immature as 3rd graders. The party of stupid never ceases to amaze.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am on the side of Zimmerman? Care to point out which in context statement I made about that?

Can't bring Martin back. Don't want to pass judgment prematurely as is the American way. Its as simple as that.

Didn't we just finish destroying someone else prematurely?

Who provided the Zimmerman photo that looks like he is already on death row? So much for that argument...

Looks like a police photo, how interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies