Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Why are they using old pics of both of them?

I wonder if this one is chopped
INCOG MAN | SICK OF THE BS!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:30 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
um.. did you even read the title of this thread?

Extreme media bias, and suchlike?

why did it take over a month to learn that the reason trayvon was even in that locality was because he had been kicked out of school?
How is this media bias? What does a suspension for having weed residue prove? Unless Trayvon was high when this occurred (which he wasn't), how is this relevant?

If a girl is raped, and you dig into her past and find out that she was suspended from school for breaking the school dress code (too short/tight skirts, shirts, etc), that does somehow make her rape okay?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ah.............................. the accusation of "racism" whenever an "inconvenient truth" is revealed.

1. There is a witness who said it was self defense
2. The witness said the kid was on top of the guy beating him to a pulp
3. The 'accused" has bruises and was bleeding from his face
4. The 911 call has the "accused" yelling for help in the background while the kid is beating him.

I guess you are the 'racist", as this case is essentially crystal clear. Would you have felt better if the "accused" had allowed the kid to kill him? If so, I can assure you that it would not have been given a second notice by the media.
Like others have said, Zimmerman was stalking Trayvon after he was told to let the police handle the situation. He followed him, with a gun. PERHAPS Trayvon decided to take the offensive, rather than waiting to see what this aggressor was going to do - we don't know that yet - but I'd bet everything I own that if this were a black guy following a white guy and the white guy decided to take the offensive and jump the black guy, that there is a whole bunch of keyboard commandos here who would be cheering about his bravery and mourning his loss and you all would be looking for the nearest tree and rope to hand out a little "justice" to the black guy.

Deny it all you want but there's not a doubt in my mind that that would be the scenario.

This is all about demonizing the VICTIM because of the color of his skin.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:32 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
How is this media bias? What does a suspension for having weed residue prove? Unless Trayvon was high when this occurred (which he wasn't), how is this relevant?
<remaining crazed and off-topic babble deleted for the sake of coherency>

a story that reveals facts that were hidden for over a month is not relevant in a thread about media bias?

once again: why did it take over a month to learn that the reason trayvon was even in that locality was because he had been kicked out of school?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)
Yes fact...there is someone claimiing to be a witness, but it is yet to be determined as to whether or not this witnesse's recalling of what he/she allegedly saw is fact, not to mention determining the creibility of the witness. According to your bizarre thought pattern, as long as there might be a potential witness...case closed. Do you realize how obtuse that is?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a story that reveals facts that were hidden for over a month is not relevant in a thread about media bias?
As folks have been saying, more facts are being learned about this case. New information is coming out all the time (including Zimmerman's statement that Trayvon decked him and sent him to the ground). Do you think facts of a case all come out at the same time? IME, they usually come out in order of relevancy, importance, etc.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Oh, please. Just face facts that this white family is lying their a$$ off. He won't be used for politics, yet the story is on the Internet.
Not by Obama Media Inc. they are ignoring it and nobody to my knowledge has followed up from February. I hope he is out of the hospital and in a new safe environment by now. That means a white neighborhood!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I thought Mayor Nutter had better sense than to make inflammatory accusations like that. Guess I was wrong.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Not by Obama Media Inc. they are ignoring it and nobody to my knowledge has followed up from February. I hope he is out of the hospital and in a new safe environment by now. That means a white neighborhood!
LOL....He was never hospitalized to begin with. If you're going to designate yourself as "Savior of White Boys", at least get your facts straight.

I'm done discussing this topic with you. You obviously don't even know what the hell you're talking about. One's born every second...LOL

Old 03-26-2012, 12:37 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Father Pfleger memorializes Trayvon Martin with wooden statue, hoodie, Skittles at church altar [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Just what we needed. Bad enough we have the big mouth hypocrits of Sharpton, Jackson, and Lee involved, here comes "Father" Pfleger.
What is disturbing is that three of these scumbags call themselves men of God. They give themselves the title or Reverend and Father. Yet we've seen plenty of what they say is so far away from God its laughable that anyone would consider them to fall under those titles.

And for Pfleger, to join along ignoring that the investigation is ongoing, is far from God like. Let the investigation unfold, look at the facts and if we need more questions answered we take it from there. You dont start fanning flames.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies