Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2byte View Post
And police have stated there is nothing contradicting his statement, only supporting evidence & witness.
Yes, because the only other witness is dead.

NO ONE else saw the initial altercation. Absent a witness who can provide a contrary statement, the police hands are tied.

And what witnesses saw AFTER the altercation started, has no bearing on who started the altercation and/or how it began. There are even some witnesses who say they saw Zimmerman on top of Trayvon. What of those folks? Are they liars?

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What if he/she shoots you first? Bullets can fly both ways. I can only summarize this incident as unfortunate, due to immaturity of the adult involved, a lack of training and awareness.
Immaturity of the thug teen is what it was. He just couldn't help his thuggish mentality and just HAD to attack!

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Zimmerman's very good friend: Video at the link....and his friend? A very articulate black man.

Video: Zimmerman friend calls for patience in investigation « Hot Air

Some people seem to think a neighborhood watch(man) isn't supposed to confront people they believe don't belong in their neighborhood, hence they say Zimmerman should never have followed Martin or said a word to him about who he was, what he was doing, where he was going.....isn't that exactly what a neighborhood watch is supposed to do?
These racists always trot out some black "friend".

Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The stupidity is on your part. Where are YOUR witnesses and facts? Why do we see only these facts and none that you claim?
LOL; you make a WRONG claim and you want me to prove it for you. I don't think so.

Either PROVE that a witness saw Trayvon jump Zimmerman from the back while he was headed back to his car or admit that you have no such witness statement.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Jesus. Zimmerman is NOT A COP. He has no right to determine what looks suspicious or react if he thinks it looks suspicious. Who cares if he was on drugs? What business is that of Zimmerman. You call the cops, you don't follow people. I don't care if he "profiled" Trayvon, I care that he killed him!
He has every right to determine what looks suspicious. That is why the local PD's help start & train neighborhood watches. They even tell them what "Suspicious" is like (things they do or aren't doing, etc.). We have all jumped the gun on this just like we did on the LaCrosse team incident a few years back. We all need to step back and let more info pour in. The media has everyone thinking that Trayvon was a 12/13 year old boy (due to the pictures they have been showing on the initial break of the story). CNN is now reporting a little more precisely. Trayvon wasn't a child - he was 6 foot 3 as opposed to Zimmerman's 5 foot 7. Zimmerman may be guilty - but we've been suckered by the media to make a hasty judgement when wisdom says to slow down.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Zimmerman's very good friend: Video at the link....and his friend? A very articulate black man.

Video: Zimmerman friend calls for patience in investigation « Hot Air

Some people seem to think a neighborhood watch(man) isn't supposed to confront people they believe don't belong in their neighborhood, hence they say Zimmerman should never have followed Martin or said a word to him about who he was, what he was doing, where he was going.....isn't that exactly what a neighborhood watch is supposed to do?
Oh, it's a good thing he is a very "articulate" black man rather than just a regular old black man.

No - neighborhood watch is supposed to simply report, not confront.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
LOL; you make a WRONG claim and you want me to prove it for you. I don't think so.

Either PROVE that a witness saw Trayvon jump Zimmerman from the back while he was headed back to his car or admit that you have no such witness statement.
Oh please! You are slithering around every corner here. YOU are the one that says the report is false. PROVE IT or SHUT IT!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm a little leery of guys in hoodies. I know its mostly just an image look like wearing bling or trying to pose as a gangsta but when somebody has their face covered by a hoodie I'm just suspicious no matter if they're white, black or hispainc. It used to be the same with ski masks.
Zimmerman was aparently suspicious because he didn't recognize Trayvon from being in the neighborhood. He was also gung ho and a cop wannabe, not the type I'd want to have to be around or put up with. Something happened to provoke an altercation between them. I doubt lethal force was justified but there was so much exploitation and media sensationalism that some defense of Zimmerman has to be at least considered. The police should be blamed for not being more open and professional in their handling of the case but the media should be doubly condemned for doing an even worse job after the fact. Not to mention all the hustlers and hate merchants who swarmed in like a pack of vultures to get their peice of the tragedy.
What is the deal with hoodies, and how old are some of you? Are you not around teenagers at all? I have five teenage boys, and they live in hoodies, as do all of their classmates. Seriously--they wear them every single day during cold or cool weather, often instead of a more formal jacket or a sweater. I have to practically beg my boys to wear a winter coat instead, and now they even make winter coats that are lined but look like hoodies. Every teenage boy--rich, poor, black or white--wears them. If at some point they were some kind of gangster thing, fine, but they haven't meant ANYTHING like that for years and years.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Jesus. Zimmerman is NOT A COP. He has no right to determine what looks suspicious or react if he thinks it looks suspicious. Who cares if he was on drugs? What business is that of Zimmerman. You call the cops, you don't follow people. I don't care if he "profiled" Trayvon, I care that he killed him!
He doesn't have to be a cop to determine if someone looks suspicious or not lol. As a matter of fact, cops prefer that you do call them if you suspect a crime has been committed or is about to be commited. In NYC they have a saying on billboards and posters all over the place that "if you see something, say something." It's a common a slogan. So yes, Zimmerman had every right and then some to call the police if he suspected something. His actions from there on in are questionable.

But that's besides the point, everyone is avoiding the fact that in the 911 report Zimmerman reported that the neighborhood had a rash of break ins and a kid was looking at houses suspiciously as a reason for his call in the first place. Now he may have been wrong, but I would hope that my neighbors would call the cops if they saw someone who appeared to be "on drugs" and scouting out houses.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You are being purposefully dense to continue your agenda. I posted the link TWICE, once DIRECTLY TO YOU!

Police report: Trayvon jumped watch shooter - Washington Times
You need to read your own link. It said that after Zimmerman lost Trayvon, he went back to his car and then Trayvon
came up behind him, confronted him and the two had words at which point Trayvon started beating Zimmerman. I am sure that Zimmerman probably showed his gun which is which is what prompted the beating. Unfortunately we will never know what truely prompted Trayvon to start beating Zimerman since we will only have one side of the story and the witness never saw what instigated Trayvon to attack Zimmerman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies