Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Nothing else really matters. Not the self-defense law. Not the races of those involved. What outrages me the most is the fact that Zimmerman was not automatically arrested for shooting a child and brought in for questioning.

Shouldn't a case where a child is shot to death be thoroughly investigated regardless? Why is it good enough for an adult to say, "He was trying to hurt me so I shot him" and that's that?

It makes absolutely no sense.
It is being thorougly investigated.

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Immaturity of the thug teen is what it was. He just couldn't help his thuggish mentality and just HAD to attack!
Where are you getting his"his thuggish mentality"

Give us some facts!

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
For all we actually know Zimmerman pulled the gun on him. Thus Trayvon had no idea who he was and only defended himself.

How much clearer can it get?

Pure speculation on your part that Trayvon was ASSUALTING Zimmerman.

Wait until the investigation is over.
Pure speculation on YOUR part!!!!!!!! Show the facts..Come on! Show them!

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Exactly what was he guilty of on the night that Zimmerman killed him? That's the only night or day that counts in this conversation. How do Trayvon's high school infractions factor into Zimmerman's decision to track and kill him?
I agree. This is why previous acts are usually not admissable. Because who cares?

The conversation and the case should be about what transpired that night, period.

That being said, I love my neighborhood, I like my neighbors, and I would NOT tolerate strange people walking around here (especially since it's not on the way to anywhere - you have to make a conscious effort to come all the way back here)...the idea that I could say, "Who are you and why are you here?" to someone in MY NEIGHBORHOOD and have them jump me is totally infuriating. That being said, you'd have to be a flippin' idiot to confront a tall male stranger...I would call our neighborhood security and not set one foot out of my house.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, his record so far has been internal to the school.
A high school kid involved in truancy and tardiness that might have tried marijuana? This kid was a Charles Manson in the making. Why don't we pass laws to shoot any kid that is late for school on sight?????

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-27-2012 at 09:15 AM..

Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Where are you getting his"his thuggish mentality"

Give us some facts!
Punched a bus driver, attacked Zimmerman from behind. Do the math. THUG WANNABE!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You see when police investigate something they seek out these individuals called witnesses....

In this case they sought out those individuals and it corroborated with his story.

Fog clearing up any?

Read the Orlando Sentinel's articles on the case... or heck use google

or continue posting drivel and ignoring everything while going with "feeling" and what Nancy Grace told me on TV.....
LOL. The eye witnesses corroborate NOTHING dealing with Zimmerman's statement that he was retreating and was attacked.

The ONLY witness statements we have are after the altercation started. And they are on both sides of this (Zimmerman was besting Trayvon; Trayvon was besting Zimmerman). This usually happens in a fight. At any given point, they both will have moments when they dominate the fight.

Speaking of a fog.....

Old 03-27-2012, 09:09 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
He wasn't a zombie, Nita - he was declared dead around 7:30 pm. His trip to the convenience store was during the basketball game's halftime.
It's amazing how ill-informed the Zimmerman supporters are. It would be funny, but instead it's sad because most of these folks are parents!!

Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
While Martin did not deserve to die, he sure as hell gave Zimmerman a nice a$$-whupping. Zimmerman had every right to protect himself. Of course, he SHOULD have let the cops do their jobs and not engaged with Martin. Zimmerman clearly went over the line. He started this whole tragedy. Regardless of what Martin was or wasn't doing, nothing warranted Zimmerman engaging him.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 AM

53 posts, read 34,084 times
Too bad the Martin kid didn't knock out the fat loser when (if) he punched him.

Somebody needs to find a way to get this fat pinhead behind bars ... hopefully for a very long time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies