Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
All I will say is a 10-day suspension for finding a "trace" of the drug on an empty bag? What the...

I agree. I wonder if there is more to this story than we know.

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Depending on your perspective this is a big or little deal. However what's more troubling to me about this is that his English teacher said he was only suspended for 5 days for tardiness, thus she is a liar.

Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Read more here:

What in bloody hell has what this kid did in the past have to do with him being murdered?

W H A T ?

So YOU think it's OK to kill people who smoke pot and are late? Swell!

The moderators COULD just divide all these Trayvon threads into two and two only!

One: ""Black kid deserves to be shot"(started by a Republican)

and """Investigation ongoing"" (for SANE people)

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former-naacp-leader-accuses-sharpton-and-jackson-of-exploiting-trayvon-martin/

Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/former-naacp-leader-accuses-sharpton-and-jackson-of-exploiting-trayvon-martin/

Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Read the story, it was an empty baggie. The thing is, marijuana can stay in your blood (and urine) for months. Trayvon was tested the night he was killed and came up clean. Unless they did not test for marijuana, which I doubt, he didn't smoke any.
I keep seeing this said on the thread, but when I googled it, all the news reports say the toxocology reports aren't back yet. Do you have a link for this?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 PM

Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Dutch View Post
I'd venture to guess that with your track record of drug use and school suspensions, you are just another drain on society as well.
When I was in high school I ran away from an abusive home and smoked plenty of weed. In college I took LSD a few times. I also protested against the Vietnam War, although I wasn't arrested, but some might call me a radical or a terrorist based on the anti-war petitions I signed back in 69. OMG! I once lived on a commune, so I must be a serial killer like Manson's family. In 1967 my senior art class went to Montreal to Expo-67. I met a cute student from McGill and we had a few beers. I got into big trouble and was suspended for a few days.

Since 1971, I haven't touched a drop of pot or any illegal substance, although I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, as long as I have no plans to drive. In 1974 I even gave up smoking cigarettes. I am a responsible adult in her 60s who worked for 40 years, paid taxes, and have never once been arrested.

...and all because nobody shot me.

If Trayvor Martin was not high and all tests confirm he had no illegal substances in his body that night, then the stories about finding him with a bag or pot are totally irrelevant. In fact, it takes weeks to get pot out of your system, so I'm guessing the only "substance" he had in his bloodstream was iced tea.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, if one of my children is murdered, I should immediately go to the press and tell them everything that child did wrong in her life? (after the funeral, of course)

I supposed you would do the same...right?
Are you people really this dense or simply play it on the internet? There is a narritave that is being created for this story in the media. Angelic Black boy minding his business walking from the store for some Skittles and iced tea with a hoodie on gets blasted away by an overweight overzealous neighborhood watch guy with a past.

The issue of the suspension came up when friends and family were asked about it. One teacher outright lied and the others said it had nothing to do with violence, technically the truth but an evasive answer.

Now we know different, there are also supposed pics of this kid with gold teeth and apparel some consider gangster. Now does any of this mean he deserves to be killed? Of course not but it pokes hole in the story that the media has painted (and which you evidently believe). This calls into question everything else that has been reported in this case that can be deemed favorable to Trayvon.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I keep seeing this said on the thread, but when I googled it, all the news reports say the toxocology reports aren't back yet. Do you have a link for this?
This is what I am guessing.....

The toxicology reports have probably just got in.....prompting the families lawyer to release the revelation of the suspension for a marijuana bag....why else would they voluntarily do that.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When I was in high school I ran away from an abusive home and smoked plenty of weed. In college I took LSD a few times. I also protested against the Vietnam War, although I wasn't arrested, but some might call me a radical or a terrorist based on the anti-war petitions I signed back in 69. OMG! I once lived on a commune, so I must be a serial killer like Manson's family.

Since 1971, I haven't touched a drop of pot or any illegal substance, although I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, as long as I have no plans to drive. In 1974 I even gave up smoking cigarettes. I am a responsible adult in her 60s who worked for 40 years, paid taxes, and have never once been arrested.

...and all because nobody shot me.

If Trayvor Martin was not high and all tests confirm he had no illegal substances in his body that night, then the stories about finding him with a bag or pot are totally irrelevant. In fact, it takes weeks to get pot out of your system, so I'm guessing the only "substance" he had in his bloodstream was iced tea.
There you go "guessing" again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies