Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ah.............................. the accusation of "racism" whenever an "inconvenient truth" is revealed.

1. There is a witness who said it was self defense
2. The witness said the kid was on top of the guy beating him to a pulp
3. The 'accused" has bruises and was bleeding from his face
4. The 911 call has the "accused" yelling for help in the background while the kid is beating him.

I guess you are the 'racist", as this case is essentially crystal clear. Would you have felt better if the "accused" had allowed the kid to kill him? If so, I can assure you that it would not have been given a second notice by the media.
1.The Witness did not see the whole thing from beginning to end. Did they?
2. Two other witness saw Zimmerman on top of the boy after the shooting.
3. Have any photos surfaced showing him injured?
4. The cops have not said WHO was yelling for help?

Besides being a Bigot(which you don't deny) you like to twist the truth as well.

I had not read anything about any injuries to Zimmerman until know.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...9#.T3Czi9lv-Ag

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, a

5. How did Trayvon know that Zimmerman had a gun?
"originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News. "

Many questions to still be answered.

Last edited by Versatile; 03-26-2012 at 12:26 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Default FACTS of the Zimmerman-Martin case

I'm starting this thread to hopefully collect some links to the actual evidence, 911 calls, witness accounts and police reports of this case. In the many many threads on this case, I see lots of conjecture, lots of statements of this and that...but very few links to news reports. And most of the news reports now are opinions and coverage of the various groups protesting Zimmerman and the PD. The intent of this thread is to try to collect some of the known facts and witness accounts, without all the debate in the other threads.

(I'd post some of the ones I had found, but my connection is acting really flaky...I can't get the link to the Sanfort PD 911 tapes to work)

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this may have already been mentioned, too many posts here for me to check.

Trayvon suspended over marijuana - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

seems odd that this is only now coming out.
What difference does this make? Why is this relevant at all? I smoked PLENTY of weed in my teens. I'd venture to guess that many folks (who are professionals) did. Some probably still do. I know that smoking weed is illegal, but I didn't realize that a penalty was a shot to the chest. I've also been suspended from school (twice I think..maybe three times); still not seeing the relevancy.

BTW, toxicology tests were done on Trayvon. He obviously wasn't high at the time of this altercation, so I'm not sure what difference this suspension makes.

Last edited by ChocLot; 03-26-2012 at 12:23 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)

Old 03-26-2012, 12:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
You're trying to collect facts on C-D and (to top it off), in P&OC forum?

Funny. You might be better served at the dose of servings delivered by Glenn Beck and like.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 PM

2,726 posts, read 6,116,959 times
This case is going to needs it's own sub-forum.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,789,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What difference does this make? Why is this relevant at all? I smoked PLENTY of weed in my teens. I'd venture to guess that many folks (who are not professionals) did. Some probably still do. I know that smoking weed is illegal, but I didn't realize that a penalty was a shot to the chest. I've also been suspended from school (twice I think..maybe three times); still not seeing the relevancy.

BTW, toxicology tests were done on Trayvon. He obviously wasn't high at the time of this altercation, so I'm not sure what difference this suspension makes.
This is why everything in America is so screwed up. STUPID TWISTED LAME COMMENTS THAT DISTORT THE TRUTH

The kid got shot for beating the living crap out of Zimmerman. Not for pot.

The relevancy is that you are not a credible source of (biased information).

Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh well it's the police and prosecutor's job to make the case. This is not Zimmerman's problem.
And now you know why people are so upset.

Yeah there are fringe crazies wanting Zimmerman's head on a stick but there's ALWAYS gonna be crazy people...stop paying attention to them and they go away. The REAL issue is that the police didn't do their job.

If they had done a tox test it wouldn't matter if he "sounded" drunk on the tapes. Maybe he just slurs his words...but they didn't do it and now it's open to speculation.

They admitted that he was questioned by a narcotics detective BEFORE he gave his statement to a homicide detective.

They didn't take any pictures or even have him examined by medical staff...I didn't realize that was even optional....don't ambulances usually go to murder scenes? There was no one there who could look at Zimmerman's injuries? He was so badly beat up that he needed stitches but didn't go to the hospital because it was too far away? I see car accidents here all the time where police take pictures but no one thought to take a picture in a homicide case; self-defense or not?

They've just done a crap job of handling this case.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Trayvon Martin's Killer Claims Teen Punched Him, Slammed His Head Into Ground | Fox News

Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Where is a photo...just ONE that shows this hate crime victim? Usually that is the first thing they trot out. Where is it?

You have gasoline poured on you and are set on fire and you only suffer first degree burns and are treated and released from the hospital. And the boys go to your school, yet you haven't been able to identify them for an arrest. Yeah, right.
You rarely get pictures of children, and this child has been victimized enough. He won't be used for politics. White people don't do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies