Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:27 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think there is some truth to the story that the witness saw them fighting. However, seeing a fight in progress is not the same as seeing how a fight starts.

I don't know how people don't understand the difference.
It does NOT matter how it started, it ONLY matters how it ended and why!
Try this on:

You are having an exchange of words in the street with someone, you punch them in the face, THEY pull a gun on you and fire some shots, you pull your and shoot them first. Who's guilty and who was acting in self defense?

168 posts, read 142,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
All I will say is a 10-day suspension for finding a "trace" of the drug on an empty bag? What the...

Is it really that bizzare in schools these days? That is probably making the issue worse by keeping him out of school and not doing anything that long.

Whatever. It is decision making like that which makes me fear for the future at times.
There's this wonderful thing called the War on Drugs. It fills our prisons and ruins families. Because Marijuanna ruins lives and makes people evil, dontchaknow?

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So why start this thread? You're a trip; LOL.
You were on the closed thread. Don't you recall there being considerable debate about the nature of his suspension? Just wanted to share with others.

The family should have said he was suspended for weed when this first came up. Now it looks as if they are hiding something or trying to create a narritive of their boy that may not be whooly accurate. This is problematic.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:28 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
If you can't discern facts you should probably step away from anything related to this murder. Trayvon was tested for drugs and alcohol. Your favorite buddy Zimmerman, the one with the gun, the one who actually got out of the car to follow (stalk) an unarmed young man walking down the street talking on his cell phone, wasn't.

I don't care if Trayvon took unflattering pictures for his facebook, was suspended for having an empty bag with traces of marijuana, or talked back to his parents at one point, NONE of these things relates to what happened that night AT ALL. NONE of them. He made some stupid decisions, however none of those come close to the stupid decision Zimmerman made that night - starting with getting out of the car with a loaded gun after a 911 dispatcher advised him not to.

If you can give one truthful way that any of this relates to Zimmerman getting out of his car because someone is walking down the street, and him shooting, again, an unarmed young man, who at the most defended himself (THAT'S called self defense actually) then please, explain the correlation to the 10 minutes (or however many minutes) from Zimmerman's phone call to Trayvon's death.

I actually gave the benefit of the doubt... I don't think he smoked weed at all because the toxicology report would have shown it in his system. He was suspended the week prior to the shooting.

My point is this....When the MSM wants to sensitize and issue and start with the narrative so people can engineer widespread outrage....this is what happens...

Stuff will get dug up. And honestly, it's good. There has been nothing but irresponsible reporting and coverage of this incident. It's just as bad as the irresponsible police work. That is the point that is getting lost on this country.

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
OP, If he were innocent, he would have gone straight to police hq voluntarily, that night, insisting on a full investigation. He chose to HIDE behind his lawyer.
Only a complete and utter idiot would talk to the police without a lawyer.

Dont Talk to Police - YouTube

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're not terribly familiar with the "character" defense used in courtrooms all across the country every single day of the week, are you?
So, if this goes to trial, it will be Trayvon Martin on trial, not Zimmerman?
I didn't know our justice system could prosecute a dead person!

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
I cannot stand the job Obama has done, but he did NOT politicize the murder of the 17 year old. He is at an age where having a 17 year old son is feasable, and no doubt, his friends have 17 year old sons, so his cautious statement sounded like a dad with a fine sense of empathy.

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
You mean you didn't think, period.

I was just getting to Zimmerman's past.

Police Brutality | Police Misconduct, George Michael Zimmerman's Criminal Record (http://www.policeleak.com/post/19671656352/george-michael-zimmermans-criminal-record - broken link)

I'll see your bag of weed and raise you
- resisting arrest
- battery on an LEO
And just as a bonus, a traffic ticket!

What was that you were saying about character?
HUH?

Keep up Yankee.

I just said in the post above how Trayvon's infractions are as relevant to this debate as Zimmerman's infractions. So why in the world would you push Zimmerman's record on me as if i'm trying to discount that record?

Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
It turns out that Trayvor was the aggressor and Zimmerman acted in self defense. Tayvor decked Zimmerman and then pounded his head onto the ground.

U.S. News - Police: Zimmerman says Trayvon Martin attacked him

Updated at 2:45 p.m. ET: The man who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, setting off a nationwide outpouring of anger, told police that Martin knocked him down with a single punch and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times — an account that police said witnesses have corroborated, according to The Orlando Sentinel.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, if this goes to trial, it will be Trayvon Martin on trial, not Zimmerman?
I didn't know our justice system could prosecute a dead person!
Maybe if you quoted my entire post....instead of taking it out of context.....you could contribute forthright to this debate.

I see you're not interested in that, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies