Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times

Advertisements

Because smoking weed doesn't make a random man stalk you, get out of his vehicle, get in a fight with you and shoot you in the chest.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I disagree. Any blacks that use this as an excuse to hate whites, hated them anyway. If anything, we are upset at the PD for doing a shoddy investigation.

This is what folks fail to get. While the death of Trayvon is tragic, we don't know the facts of what happened. What we DO know is that the Sanford PD did shoddy work and even attempted to change the testimony of a witness. THAT is where the outrage kicks in. Our "beef" is with the PD and the DA, NOT with white people.

And Trayvon's race is important because he was racially profiled. Not saying it wasn't justified and/or realistic, but the truth is what it is...and sometimes, it's ugly.
What you need to understand is the more race becomes the issue over the actual issue, the more racial tension we face. How am I wrong believing that an innocent HUMAN BEING was killed? Would I be correct in saying a black kid was killed? Certainly not! Are you telling me that because I refuse to look at a persons color, I am wrong? Of course the PD didn't do their job right, of course Zimmerman is guilty, but because race has become the predominant issue with this case, whites will be persecuted hence, the vicious cycle continues. I don't agree that the blacks claiming racism hated whites in the first place. More and more blacks are joining the white haters everyday. They are being motivated by racial tension and we are all off balance yet again.

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But you seem to believe a "supposed" phone call where NOTHING was recorded and is ALL hearsay, but you don't believe the witness who was actually there? Now THAT'S AMUSING!

But yet you believe a witness that mysterious "appeared" from nowhere? Why don't you believe that they gave a BAT to a deadman but did not bother to test the shooter eventhough one of the officers stated that he sounded like he had been drinking? Why was'nt these so-called injuries docuemented when he was at the police station? How can he be on top of zimmerman beating the crap out of him and at the same time screaming for help? How can he be running away from zimmerman while talking to his girlfriend and than catch him from behind? Why was the witness that actually heard the screams for help told that she heard zimmerman screaming and not Trayvon?, and why would the person without the gun be screaming in the first place? Everything that I have said has been verified either by video or audio but yet people like yourself and that idoit edward a, cannot comphrend this.......Now that is AMUSING and downright SHAMEFUL

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are denying that Zimmerman followed him? Even Zimmerman admits to that fact. Are you denying the fact that the boy was unarmed? Most of all do you deny that other witnesses are saying that the voice yelling for help sounded like that of a young guy?

Your bias is negating the fact that Zimmmerman has a record of assault and domestic abuse. The boy did not. Although, the right wing under the influence of The NRA is inventing a personality befitting a thug.

Most of the people in support of Trayvon's family that are rallying for a FULL investigation are the ones that are on the right side of the issue. Due process of law seems to mean very little to people such as yourself...I suppose you'd be one of the first to scream about dispespect for The Constitution and individual rights, but in this case...screw it. Do you think that it was right to drug and alcohol test the victim/corpse and not the shooter? Yeah, I guess Dick Cheney would agree with that too.
Oh please! If the police find that Zimmerman is guilty, he WILL be arrested! People like you just like to ride the emotional tidal wave and just lock people up because you think they are guilty until proven innocent. Let the REAL law enforcement sort this out, nobody here is going to.

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
You can paint it anyway you want but MJ is illegal and Trayvon got caught with it.. suspended from school. That's a STRIKE.. period.. if this goes to trial, don't you think this will be used against him..? Right or wrong, that's negative.....

It was an empty baggie and there is nothing that says this baggie tested positive for marijuana residue. On top of that Trayvon Martin did not test positive for drugs. Trayvon Martin's body was not found with drugs or drug paraphernalia. Zimmerman on the other hand wasn't tested. It takes months for marijuana to be out of your system, so he must not have an issue. If they want to use it in court, so be it. They can use Zimmerman's domestic violence and resisting arrest too...What's the difference between domestic VIOLENCE and an empty baggie of marijuana?

Old 03-26-2012, 01:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Here is the link

5. Well, of course Zimmerman would be able to "be on top" of Trayvon after he was shot and killed. Tell me how that matters?

Wait...I thought Martin fell on top of Zimmerman after he was shot and that's why his screams stopped so suddenly. I guess Zimmerman was on top of Martin and then Martin fell on top of him while Zimmerman was on the top of the bottom.

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Maybe he was bleeding from his nose and back of his head - does this mean that it was broken or that he needed stitches? Does it prove that George Zimmerman was acting in self-defense? Why does Zimmerman have the right to defend himself if Trayvon does not and I am sure that a strange man in an unmarked car following him and asking questions would make someone feel threatened.

If you are concernced about racism, perhaps you should talk to the people that are telling lies, spewing hate, accusing the POTUS of being racist and insinuating that Trayvon is a thug simply because he is black. I am not the one that brought race into this thread, but as far as the issue goes in this case, it was there the day he got killed.
The telling of lies or, in this case, the jumping to conclusions without all of the facts is being done in large quantities by WHITE and BLACK!

How did it get to be so. Polarization of nearly every facet of your daily lives has gotten so bad that the patience of Job is needed to even attempt mediation of any questionable event. Democrats vs. Republicans, white vs. black with a hint of latin cafe-au-lait thrown in for good measure.

It's gotten so you're a country of people who should probably divvy up the land based on your political stance and just build a fence down the middle then quarter it with another fence for colour barriers, then still later pick a religious enclave and move on in with your foodstuffs to stand 4 hour watches on the fences lest a black democrat bapitst attempt to visit his girlfriend in a white republican catholic stronghold. Hell; forget the fences just go back to moats!

NUTS!

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"Perspective", LOL!

Here's what NPR has to say:
Family: Pot Linked To Trayvon Martin Suspension : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=149400989 - broken link)

A family spokesman says slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school last month for having a baggie that contained marijuana residue in his book bag.

<snip>

Also Monday, state Department of Juvenile Justice confirmed that Martin does not have a juvenile offender record. The information came after a public records request by The Associated Press.

So while you're trying to make him out as some teen thug, apparently that it untrue. It is a common legal defense tactic to impugn the character of the victim.
You see me as trying to make him out as "some teen thug." But you're wrong. I'm merely pointing out that this kid was busted for trace amounts of drugs, thus completely upending any notion that he was the innocent, baby-faced, black boy that we're all supposed to support.

How many times have your children been busted for pot?

That's what I thought.

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
It's probably going to come down to "Who threw the first punch?" And that is one question we don't know the answer to.......yet.

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
I'm won't condemn Zimmerman until ALL of the information is made public. That said, the story keeps getting worse for those who wanted condemned Zimmerman from day one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies