Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or pro-death?
Pro-life 70 44.30%
Pro-death 66 41.77%
No opinion 22 13.92%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,838,825 times

Advertisements

It's so weird...when a woman wants to abort..because rearing the child would be an unpleasant and unhappy affair...who are the people who restrain their support for the woman and go out of their way to make life miserable for the mother and child?

Having a baby should ALWAYS be a joy...woman who abort the child - do it out of fear...fear of being persecuted by pro-abortionists...who act as if they are friends of woman - but only friendly when the female..submits to their will..

Society should stop hating woman...and stop pretending that they are protectors...and at the same time deny and obstruct the woman and her naturalness....abortion is a shifty thing...people who rage in support of it - hate children and woman...When are they going to be honest about what is really in their hearts..............hate.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,316,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You can't do math huh? 4.6-9.2 per 100k For every MILLION BABIES KILLED, they kept 46-92 of them from becoming a murderer.

That would be a good return using progressive math. Mensa? Really?
Wow, what drivel.
It's not a baby until it's born, or viable.
Are there really millions of born humans killed? Who is doing that?
Well, maybe the GOP wants to murder those already born with lack of access to health care and education and necessary support structure that provides a safe place to be raised.

Steve, don't want an abortion, don't have one.
Pretty simple.
Easy to be a women are evil and murderers person on the internet, isn't it.
Or do you stand on street corners with (lying about the age) photos of fetii scaring little kids and yelling that women are evil?
Is that you?

Old 03-28-2012, 02:53 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,666,654 times
I'm pro-life.

I am for people who are actually living, that is.

I had a miscarriage a long time ago...shall I describe what passed from my body? No one would ever say that was a 'baby'. It looked like a blood clot and bits of tissue.

No tiny arms and legs waving; no thumb to suck; nothing.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:54 PM

933 posts, read 1,535,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't.
You're consistent with your beliefs, then. Good job (no sarcasm. Seriously)

Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM

933 posts, read 1,535,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It's so weird...when a woman wants to abort..because rearing the child would be an unpleasant and unhappy affair...who are the people who restrain their support for the woman and go out of their way to make life miserable for the mother and child?

Having a baby should ALWAYS be a joy...woman who abort the child - do it out of fear...fear of being persecuted by pro-abortionists...who act as if they are friends of woman - but only friendly when the female..submits to their will..

Society should stop hating woman...and stop pretending that they are protectors...and at the same time deny and obstruct the woman and her naturalness....abortion is a shifty thing...people who rage in support of it - hate children and woman...When are they going to be honest about what is really in their hearts..............hate.
Women who have babies are persecuted by pro-choicers? Wut? Are you implying that Pro-Choicers want to force women to have abortions?

It's Pro-Choice for a reason. It's up to the woman what she does.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,958,946 times
I'm of the same opinion as Mitt Romney was before he decided he wanted to be President.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:16 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,361,424 times
I'm pro it-not-being-legal-for-anyone-except-for-women-to-vote-on-this-issue. But that won't happen, so pro-death it is then, because then the women can choose.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:18 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or are you pro-death?
How sad, another person incapable of understanding the very simple meaning of C-H-O-I-C-E

I'm pro-education, try some sometime

Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,049,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How sad, another person incapable of understanding the very simple meaning of C-H-O-I-C-E

I'm pro-education, try some sometime
The poll offers a choice - three choices in fact. And if you don't like any of those choices you are free to cast a write in vote via the thread discussion.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,399,449 times
Voted "no opinion". For one thing, I don't care much for labels in general. And for another, the inclusion of "Pro-Death" is just ridiculous.

I'm pro-choice in that I don't think abortion should be illegal. I'm pro-life in that I don't agree to the abortion of the fetus (and would generally suggest that one not wait anywhere near two months before getting one). It is at about this phase of the pregnancy that pretty much all of the little body parts are present and development switches into building upon them. Putting on the finishing touches, one might say.

My reasoning is that the fetus is showing its own neurological activity and has its own heartbeat (actually this begins as early as a month and a half after conception), two official phenomena we always consider a "sign of life" in other contexts. It'd be contradictory to not consider them signs of life here as well.

It's been suggested to me a couple times that what separates a fetus from a baby is that the fetus is a "parasitic growth" that depends on the womb for survival. I don't find this (where an organism gets its food and oxygen) to be a fundamental difference between a life and a thing, not a meaningful difference between the being that a fetus is and the being that a newborn is. Nothing about their inner workings, nothing about their neurological activity or heartbeats, seems to change at birth. So I can only conclude they are essentially the same "thing".

Last edited by Vic 2.0; 03-28-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.