Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:59 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Uh, Franklin Roosevelt started SS when my mom was still in high school and she didn't even know my dad. It wasn't even "The Greatest Generation" that did that; it was the previous one.

McDonald's started up during my childhood. Ray Kroc was born in 1902.
Ray Kroc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice try, though.
Look, this country went into the sh*tter on the heels of baby boomers.....

This is just the facts...

But relax, my parents are Baby Boomers, so they inherently suck too.

I left plenty of opportunity for zingers, have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 05:28 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Having a disabled child I have had a bad experience or two with hospitals myself.
Thanks ... and I'm sure you have had your share.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Four scenarios of the possible SC decisions...

The health reform ruling: Four likely scenarios - Jennifer Haberkorn - POLITICO.com

Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 PM

313 posts, read 450,842 times
Those kinds of plans are worth the risk if you're healthy as a horse. Wouldn't work for me. And $250 WOULD kill my budget. That's why I've remained with a job I despise that provides good health insurance.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:59 PM

208 posts, read 318,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
They have no reason to care..... they have platinum health cover for themselves and their families and it is paid for by us out of our taxes.
I can understand to a degree why some here are afraid of a UHC..... Damn if i believed the B/S that is spouted about a UHC here, i'd be afraid of it too but i have used and paid for UHC's, my family use the Australian UHC and other UHC's and i know the real benefits and drawbacks.
The system here is positively prehistoric and no one except America wants to entertain such a bad system.... wonder why?
It should NOT be the case in a Country such as Ameria that to be sick is a condemnation of you somehow and there are strict penalties because of illness. UHC's work all over the World and not one person using a UHC goes bankrupt or without good treatment... it is only America now that treats your health the same way it treats buying a new Lexus.... only for the Wealthy!

I would hope that with the WHO(World Health Org.) ranking Australia 32nd, we'd like to aim for a little better. The Australian UHC isn't all that and a box of donuts either.

As far as it being treated like a Lexus, the only people getting free healthcare on my dime are the welfare recipients and poor. The wealthy can afford it, the truly poor and free-loader population get it free, and the middle class gets squeezed. Obama's version of UHC wouldn't change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies