Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,698,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Dead beats without means are going to not buy insurance, they are on the dole.
They also will have their credit and history ruined for years by leaving an unpaid medical bills.
Choices...
Yeah, these deadbeats you speak of are all across the United States, but most of them are concentrated in the red states that consistently vote Republican.

Quote:
Among the states, Texas had the highest percentage of uninsured; at 24.6%. Still, it was an improvement from the 26.1% who were uninsured in 2009. New Mexico had the second highest rate of uninsured people with 21.6%. Nevada was third at 21.3% and Mississippi's rate jumped to 21.1% from 17.3% in 2009.
And guess which state has the LOWEST percentage of those who are uninsured?

Quote:
In Massachusetts, where former governor Mitt Romney instituted his controversial state-wide health insurance plan in 2006, only 5.6% of the population lacks coverage, the lowest rate of uninsured of any state.
Number of people without health insurance in U.S. climbs - Sep. 13, 2011

BTW, I do own health insurance and pay premiums out of my pocket instead of relying on corporate welfare, since I am self employed. My original post was satirical and sarcastic to drive home a point, which pretty much went over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Below is the finding of a research brief prepared by the US Dept. of Health and Human services:

The Value of Health Insurance:* Few of the Uninsured Have Adequate Resources to Pay Potential Hospital Bills

What they found:
First, ban illegals from Hospitals, especially for births.
That right there saves Billions upon Billions of dollars.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
First, ban illegals from Hospitals, especially for births.
That right there saves Billions upon Billions of dollars.
That is only a part of the problem. There are American families who are uninsured because they can't afford health insurance.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah, these deadbeats you speak of are all across the United States, but most of them are concentrated in the red states that consistently vote Republican.

And guess which state has the LOWEST percentage of those who are uninsured?

Number of people without health insurance in U.S. climbs - Sep. 13, 2011

BTW, I do own health insurance and pay premiums out of my pocket instead of relying on corporate welfare, since I am self employed. My original post was satirical and sarcastic to drive home a point, which pretty much went over your head.
You are not funny and that didn't go over anybody's head. I saw that as the typical low brow liberal sarcasm statement that makes them think they are so genius.

The people who ARE insured and are deadbeats are all the Democrats who are on the dole and get free medical that I pay for.
Also, since Obamacare came to be, insurance went up about 40%.

I don't see you saying get rid of all the trial lawyers that cause a doctor $240,000 a year for malpractice insurance which I have to pay as a patient of a doctor. Oh that's right, they give billions to Democrats after increasing our medical insurance payments.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
That is only a part of the problem. There are American families who are uninsured because they can't afford health insurance.
Right, so the thing under Obamacare to do when they can't afford it now is to fine them $5000 for a lack of it. BRILLIANT!

Part of the reason Obamacare will probably get scrubbed by the Supreme Court (if the American people get blessed).

Look, don't get all gloomy that this socialized medicine in America is going away. As soon as Obamacare goes down Obama will get an economic boost because markets will recover faster, the stock market for a while will be better and the turd in the White House will of course make like a dolt and claim credit for it. LOL

Old 03-29-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
You are not funny and that didn't go over anybody's head. I saw that as the typical low brow liberal sarcasm statement that makes them think they are so genius.

The people who ARE insured and are deadbeats are all the Democrats who are on the dole and get free medical that I pay for.
Also, since Obamacare came to be, insurance went up about 40%.

I don't see you saying get rid of all the trial lawyers that cause a doctor $240,000 a year for malpractice insurance which I have to pay as a patient of a doctor. Oh that's right, they give billions to Democrats after increasing our medical insurance payments.
How about sticking to the topic by addressing the findings by US Census Bureau on the percentage of "deadbeats" who are uninsured, which are predominately in the red states.

Then explain why Massachusetts have the lowest percentage of families who are uninsured under "Romneycare" which was the framework for Obamacare.

BTW, insurance premiums have consistently gone up every year well before Obamacare went into effect.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:36 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Because I like to stick it to the Libs .. Every chance I get .. I am posting this for my own entertainment!

No, I don't believe that they 'Gave' Bush the election but for the libs that do ..

Old 03-29-2012, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Because I like to stick it to the Libs .. Every chance I get .. I am posting this for my own entertainment!

No, I don't believe that they 'Gave' Bush the election but for the libs that do ..

The vote came down to 7-2 against Gore and for Bush which did include liberal Justices. Get over it.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:58 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
The vote came down to 7-2 against Gore and for Bush which did include liberal Justices. Get over it.
Testy are we this morning?

I said that I was posting it .. For my own entertainment .. Not Yours!

(Well .. You were the first )

Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Testy are we this morning?

I said that I was posting it .. For my own entertainment .. Not Yours!

(Well .. You were the first )
So you like to entertain yourself with lies and false propaganda. Free country my friend, especially again after Obamacare goes down.

BUT, fact is Gore was voted against regarding that election by a margin of 7-2 with some liberal Justices in that 7 number. One of the fun facts of life nobody on the left likes to deal with in their memory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies