Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:43 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I saw the same post on one of the Hate Group web sites. Which one do you belong to, Aryan Nation?
Funny when you catch stuff like that aint it. I even caught the same user name being used once. Of coarse it was denied by the poster

Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Help me out here...how did he profile?

He said he saw a young man, wandering about, that didn't belong in that area, it was raining, and he looked as if he was up to no good.

How is that profiling?

The 911 operator then asked what did he look like, asked was he white, black, hispanic?

Do you know why the 911 operator asked that? So that when the police are sent to the scene, they look for either a white, black or hispanic guy.

Zimmerman responded, "he looks black" AFTER he was asked, "is he white, black or hispanic".

How is that profiling? It's an observation.

If I see a black man walking down the street and someone asks me, "Hey, that man that just passed you, was he white, black or hispanic" and I reply, "he looked black", that's profiling?!

How?
No, your example is absolutely correct. However, he did profile him as a suspicious person who was on drugs and up to no good.

Also, keep in mind that Zimmerman had made at least 46 other 911 calls to the Sanford Police, and who knows how many more when he lived elsewhere. He was very familiar with the procedure. Someone else might have said "a Black male" but he already knew the drill. It's the other comments in the tape that are disturbing to me like "these a-holes, they always get away." So he obviously decided before he even approached Martin that he was an a-hole, right? Telling an officer you see a man who is Black isn't racism. Assuming that person is a thug, up to no good, on drugs, an a-hole who plans to burglarize one of the townhouses might be.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,554 times
[quote=enemy country;23682816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
No many conservatives see him as a hero. Fact

Link me to anyone that calls him a hero and I will call them out too and say they are completely asinine and out of line. It could have been self defense, or just murder, but anyone that not insane would not think this guy is a hero.

EDIT - WTF quotes didnt work right

Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, your example is absolutely correct. However, he did profile him as a suspicious person who was on drugs and up to no good.

Also, keep in mind that Zimmerman had made at least 46 other 911 calls to the Sanford Police, and who knows how many more when he lived elsewhere. He was very familiar with the procedure. Someone else might have said "a Black male" but he already knew the drill.

Grasping for straws. Anything to work your story.

If the other 46 calls were regarding a "black male" that is suspicious etc, then I'll believe you he was profiling hard based on race.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Some of these posters are either extremely naive or just playing dumb about these pictures. "Everyone" knows that employers now look at Facebook to find out if you've ever had a picture taken of yourself at a party acting "goofy" or worse. Does one picture of you with a can of beer "prove" you are an alcohlic? Does a picture of you with a lampshade hat on (I once had a boss who had one of those and he liked to wear it to parties) mean you have a drinking problem and go to wild parties? Does a picture of you with your eyes crossed mean you were drunk at the time? Does a picture of you smoking out of a bong mean you were smoking marijuana?
Does one photo of Travon looking young and innocent plastered all over the newspapers prove he was innocent?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
[quote=nowitsshowtime;23682857]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

Link me to anyone that calls him a hero and I will call them out too and say they are completely asinine and out of line. It could have been self defense, or just murder, but anyone that not insane would not think this guy is a hero.

EDIT - WTF quotes didnt work right
Trayvon Martin Hometown Rally; Have The Heat Given Up? - Rev. Al Sharpton - Zimbio

Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM

409 posts, read 254,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
you are wrong, no conservatives see him as hero and many are on the side of the biased media too.

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the people against a thorough investigation that might lead to the truth and a possible arrest, are consistent with Obama bashers?..maybe it's just me...

Didn't see anything about him being a hero, unless its in the comment box, which for some reason wouldn't work. But that is a fairly open "forum"/comment box it seems like. It's like reading any comment box where users can post anonymously, you get trolls and people that like to stir up **** just for sh*ts and giggles. I can't imagine that many sane people that would openly say Zimmerman was a hero, there is nothing sane about that statement.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the people against a thorough investigation that might lead to the truth and a possible arrest, are consistent with Obama bashers?..maybe it's just me...
I'm not a fan of Obama, but I certainly am all for a thorough investigation. If Zimmerman was wrong, let him face the charges, if it was self defense, let him be acquitted. But no one should be able to take a side right now due to the evidence we have (or really don't have)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies