Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM

409 posts, read 254,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
wow, a teenager who smoked pot. He deserved it
Substance abuse, not mental illness, causes violent crime | Society | The Guardian

Old 03-29-2012, 03:57 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Someone didn't read the entire article! Unless you're trying to say that Trayvon was schizophrenic or bipolar.

A drunk is more likely to be violent than a pothead, nice stretch there though. Was it the first article that came up when you frantically googled to try to find a link between pot use and burglary or something?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:58 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
wow, a teenager who smoked pot. He deserved it
He could have been under the influence. Trayvon's toxicology reports are sealed at this time. It's important evidence including any records about Zimmerman claiming that he had a broken nose and laceration.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
He could have been under the influence. Trayvon's toxicology reports are sealed at this time. It's important evidence including any records about Zimmerman claiming that he had a broken nose and laceration.
Oh give me a break. Are you for real? Do you think smoking pot makes you violent? Or do you think having a history of domestic violence and assault on police officer does?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:03 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm sorry i disagree with you. Nancy Gracne, and Jane, their shows, do not care the color of what missing child is, in any way shape or form.
Disprove this. They don't.
They make it more then known, their outrage when any child is missing of any color including black.
And where is outrage when last year wasn't it that 3 black teens dosed a white boy with a chemical and then set him on fire, did not here anything about that case, whether or not those who commited the crime, are in jail or not, did not here hardly anything mentioned about that case. That was awful.

The reason why sick within itself, because he was white.

Any time anyone goes missing, no matter the race is terrible in and of itself, not just black, there have been the last couple of months so many white's who are missing also, only to have been found dead. Any child, man or women who is missing, is a terrible tragedy, no matter the race.
re: fire story. Until I see more proof (or at least one picture of the victim), I'm not sure what to make of that story.

And let's agree to disagree re: missing children. I suspect you know that you aren't being dishonest, but whatever.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Oh give me a break. Are you for real? Do you think smoking pot makes you violent? Or do you think having a history of domestic violence and assault on police officer does?
It's a "controlled substance." in higher doses it can impair judgment. If his toxicology reports are positive, then his levels would have to be examined as well. Like it or not, it's rellavent information.

I have to say, the fact that his toxicology hasn't been released does make one think what's the hold up?

Zimmerman's supposedly wasn't taken either...which is also highly questionable...

Old 03-29-2012, 04:06 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Oh so you were there when it happened? -There are other witness accounts that contradict this story. In case you haven't noticed, there hasn't been a trial yet. Until then, the case will remain open.
Precisely and I doubt there should be a trial and probably will not be. In spite of many of your comments there is not one among you that would not have shot a 6 ft3 in strange man that had you on the ground pummeling you if you had the chance. If you say you would not you are a coward or a liar.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:06 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Now show me the marijuana baggy, the marijuana pipe and "stolen" jewelry...
So, now we're moving the goal posts?

Glad you put stolen in quotations, because that's unfounded.

re: weed baggy and the pipe. Who cares? I had them myself as a teen (and might still....).

Old 03-29-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So, now we're moving the goal posts?

Glad you put stolen in quotations, because that's unfounded.

re: weed baggy and the pipe. Who cares? I had them myself as a teen (and might still....).
I take it that because you couldn't google that you've given up? lol.

If you're going to make a cross comparison, make sure that it's a consistent one. We can both see that Bieber and Treyvon have 5 fingers...now let's see if they have anything else in common, hence why i wanted you to show me Bieber's weed baggies, weed pipe, multiple suspensions and "stolen" jewelry...

Old 03-29-2012, 04:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Precisely and I doubt there should be a trial and probably will not be. In spite of many of your comments there is not one among you that would not have shot a 6 ft3 in strange man that had you on the ground pummeling you if you had the chance. If you say you would not you are a coward or a liar.
Ummm...we don't even know if that is what happened and there is nothing that proves that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor. All there is is the person who is being accused of murder's word. I personally think there will be a charge and a trial but only time will tell. On the other hand if a strange man in an unmarked vehicle was following you in a car then got out to follow you on foot, how would you feel about it. Anyone who says they woudn't mind is a liar with an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies