Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,479 times

Advertisements

This is a tempest in a teapot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am still wondering when the government will censor city-data.
After Obama's brown shirts have put Conservatives in Ayers inspired re-education camps or until he has invoked his NDAA powers of assasination against those who will not willingly submit to the destruction of the US Constitution.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
habit forming

**yawn**
I conc--*yawn*

Damn it.

I concur.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
The purpose of my post, Tempes, was to highlight that no matter the party, both hate freedom and want to limit it. Your beloved Democrats do the same, and every unthinking person's GOP does the same. This is why Ron Paul must win, but I doubt he won't. There are just too many people who can't think beyond Left vs Right in this country. Tempes, I voted for Obama because I thought the exact same as you, that all bad bills come from the GOP, and the Democrats, if only they had a majority, would stop them. Turns out it's not the case, wake up, man just like I have. I used to be a hardcore Democrat but now I'm an Independent because both parties stink like a pile of dung

Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
There is a fine line between free speech and free assault.
And under this bill, even pointing out facts, however politically uncorrect it is, is liable to be criminally prosecuted

Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default Time to get over the left/right mentality and choose the US Constitution

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The purpose of my post, Tempes, was to highlight that no matter the party, both hate freedom and want to limit it. Your beloved Democrats do the same, and every unthinking person's GOP does the same. This is why Ron Paul must win, but I doubt he won't. There are just too many people who can't think beyond Left vs Right in this country. Tempes, I voted for Obama because I thought the exact same as you, that all bad bills come from the GOP, and the Democrats, if only they had a majority, would stop them. Turns out it's not the case, wake up, man just like I have. I used to be a hardcore Democrat but now I'm an Independent because both parties stink like a pile of dung

//www.city-data.com/forum/newat...ach&p=23677343
Attached Thumbnails
Goodbye 1st Amendment in Arizona-yoda-abandon-left-right-paradigm.jpg  

Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
And under this bill, even pointing out facts, however politically uncorrect it is, is liable to be criminally prosecuted
I am highly offended by this remark and believe you should be censored and probably go to jail.

Soon the Muslims will decide they don't like what I've got to say and I will be prosecuted. Just like in the UK.

Surprised AZ would pass such a bad law.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do you mean like the NDAA or Patriot Act signed by Obama?

Face it, the US Constitution is under assault by Progressives on both sides of the aisle. The hypocricy is with posters who support big government and infringements upon the US Constituion from the left and then attack a GOP member for doing same.

This is but another reason we must elect Ron Paul!
Nice deflection from the topic.

And forget about Ron Paul. He is crazy enough to believe he can get on the republican ticket, but the only enjoyment out of it is seeing his supporter run a muck with "hope".

And if he were to magically make it to Presidency, the only difference would be an extra round of non-work. Take NDAA, for example. It is a bill that has been passed for 50 years (and it funds defense). It took a few crooks to insert into the bill the provisions that everybody but the government is concerned about. Obama could have vetoed (as, I'm sure Ron Paul would have), but to what effect? The provision had more than enough support for veto-override (which is what Ron Paul would have been dealt with).

So, stop whining and just deal with the fact that when you hear your kind of politicians talk about "freedoms" and small government, they're just pandering to you, and you're buying into it. But hey, they do because you do!

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Both are GOP bills with overwhelming votes supporting them from both the GOP and the "pro constitution!, less government!" tea party

You totally missed...."Face it, the US Constitution is under assault by Progressives on both sides of the aisle."

The cancer is Progressivism.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
The problem really is both parties have shifted so far to the right, we basically have a corporatist/fascist government today. The GOP has completely sold out and many of the dems have as well.
The proof really comes in the votes and with NDAA for example had I want to say about 80%-90% GOP/tea party support and about 50% from the dems, the vote was about the same for the patriot act renewal as well. Also virtually every huge government bill that is presented almost always comes from the GOP
While Paul is one of the few that does stand up and fight against the destruction of america, there are others like Sanders as well whom do the same.
I wouldn't give up completely on the democrats, there are still many out there that do fight for what's right, but many are selling out like the GOP as well unfortunately.

Last edited by TempesT68; 04-02-2012 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies