Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Oh! Expecting you to apply the same standards to the rich people you like and the poor people you hate is deflection?

Thank you for clarifying that.
OP says he is for Planned Parentood but many on the far right are not.

I could search posting history but Im certain they posted on this last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:40 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
everyone should believe in personal
responsibility but good grief! every
poor person is not trying to beat the
system some way. i bet more taxes
are used to prop up rich people in
america at the expense of everyone
else, so figure that out.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:40 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
After the Bush years there are a lot more Americans below the poverty line. And since the republican party has made it their mission to do away with Planned Parenthood, birth control, and abortion, I'd say it's a simple case of them reaping what they sow.

Hate has a very real cost.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
The New Liberal Philosophy Towards Personal Responsibility and Medicaid:

"It's you and me baby, ain't nothing but mammals. So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel."

Yes, can you belive it? Several times on this thread humans have been equated to animals without self control and no need for self-control. Welcome to the Jungle! Liberal Utopia awaits you!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Replacement level, folks. The whole system is set to make sure our population numbers stay up. It has been like this for the last 50 years.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Replacement level, folks. The whole system is set to make sure our population numbers stay up. It has been like this for the last 50 years.
I advocate for a major contraction in America. We reached Critical Mass and the point of diminishing returns a long time ago. It's time to pare back the country and put ourselves on a level playing field again. We can start by a massive deportation project, to include illegals and their anchor babies, and reducing the size and scope of government.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

I'd never marry a shrink - those guys are CRAZY
Having seen a few when I was an emotional (you'd never have guessed) young, bright kid, I can support your above statement. They TRULY are a 'disturbed group' of mis-guided 'know-it-alls.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
These same arguments could be made about those who supported going to war in Iraq, which was a totally irresponsible waste.

The cost of Iraq, BTW, would have paid for complete UHC in America several times over. Instead of caring for our citizens, we broke another country.

Obama has brought the correct priorities to the job. In his next term I hope he can complete the healthcare plan.
Sure, those arguments could be made. However, I tend not to conflate national defense measures with social entitlements, personal irresponsibility, and other ills that infect this country.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You advocate for backside personal responsibility.

I advocate for frontside personal responsibility.

Which one of those makes more sense to you?
Well actually as you are a dude, you should also advocate for "backside responsibility" and schedule a prostate exam and colonoscopy. Most guys are only concerned with "frontside responsibility" and forget the backside is important too.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I advocate for a major contraction in America. We reached Critical Mass and the point of diminishing returns a long time ago. It's time to pare back the country and put ourselves on a level playing field again. We can start by a massive deportation project, to include illegals and their anchor babies, and reducing the size and scope of government.
Lol. Ok lets talk about reality and what can actually be done. Trust me, the US hasn't reached "Critical Mass" yet. If we contract we will lose our place as number 1 in the world plus the influence we exude globally. I'm pretty sure most people wont sign onto that or even vote with it since it affects major interested parties with stakes involved. You do know the baby boomer Generation is about to start retiring. Sh*tstorm. Contracting at that point would be like the Government saying "Thanks for working for the past 40+ years, here's a gold plated watch for your troubles."

Massive deportation project? Sigh. It's far to late for that and whose gonna pay for that? You do know that anchor babies are American citizens, right? You can't deport American Citizens knowingly.

Noble concept I guess, but your Contraction of America is not within the bounds of reality. We need to work with what we do have and how to make it better for the people who are here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies