Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times

Advertisements

In the latest huge government, anti-freedom attack on women from the GOP, Arizona has brought legislation that would ban abortions before the woman is even pregnant.

"A measure passed Arizona’s Senate claims that it would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, but experts say that the bill is far more restrictive, effectively banning abortions after 18 weeks and declaring that a woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex. "

“Considering that it’s anti-choice nuts we’re talking about, it’s safe to assume that they’d simply prefer a situation where all women of reproductive age are considered to be pregnant, on the grounds that they could be two weeks from now,” Marcotte added. “Better safe than sorry, especially if that mentality means you get to exert maximum control over the bodies of women of reproductive age.”

Arizona bill would declare pregnancy 2 weeks before conception | The Raw Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,867 times
Can we just eradicate Arizona all together? Nothing good comes out of that cesspool.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
In the latest huge government, anti-freedom attack on women from the GOP, Arizona has brought legislation that would ban abortions before the woman is even pregnant.

"A measure passed Arizona’s Senate claims that it would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, but experts say that the bill is far more restrictive, effectively banning abortions after 18 weeks and declaring that a woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex. "

“Considering that it’s anti-choice nuts we’re talking about, it’s safe to assume that they’d simply prefer a situation where all women of reproductive age are considered to be pregnant, on the grounds that they could be two weeks from now,” Marcotte added. “Better safe than sorry, especially if that mentality means you get to exert maximum control over the bodies of women of reproductive age.”

Hey, I is back and you can start wondering about Guttmacher and Raw Story since I will probably always question them.

Why do we not see any quotes from the bill in question? Why do we have to take the word of a woman named Nash because she works for Guttmacher?

Why can't we manage to think that people who support abortion all the way up to 35 weeks are pushing a bit when they talk about what your source says? Oh, yeah, I do know the answers but go ahead and tell me.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, I is back and you can start wondering about Guttmacher and Raw Story since I will probably always question them.

Why do we not see any quotes from the bill in question? Why do we have to take the word of a woman named Nash because she works for Guttmacher?

Why can't we manage to think that people who support abortion all the way up to 35 weeks are pushing a bit when they talk about what your source says? Oh, yeah, I do know the answers but go ahead and tell me.
There is a link to the bill itself on the OP page

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2.../s.2036jud.pdf

Old 04-04-2012, 06:55 PM

770 posts, read 1,178,096 times
I was expecting this to be an article by The Onion or something. I thought it was hilarious, then realized it was serious....

Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

With how many times you accuse people of not reading your links...you didn't bother to read the OP's link?

A link to the bill in question is on the page.

Plus you champion that you already made your opinion without doing so? That's hilarious.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
There is a link to the bill itself on the OP page

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/2.../s.2036jud.pdf
A link to the bill and all its changes can be seen only from color of print. How much of that bill did you read? i must ask since so little of any of it is included in the fine story.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
With how many times you accuse people of not reading your links...you didn't bother to read the OP's link?

A link to the bill in question is on the page.

Plus you champion that you already made your opinion without doing so? That's hilarious.
Oh, I looked at enough of the bill to find that very little of it was talked about in that article. Just pick out any little bit and run with it.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:18 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:

That thing thats been growing in there for 18 possibly 20 weeks is not a tumor. Should have been able to figure that out long before.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
The thing about this is that we always date pregnancies from the date of the last period, that's just how it's done. That's all well and good when it's done for that reason but what this is saying (really..the point of it) is that creating laws based on that can be very confusing when it's spelling out how on Tuesday something is fine but next Thursday it's illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies