Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehicles...ts/fotw364.jpg

On average, the price of gasoline was higher in 2004 than it has ever been before; however, when adjusted for inflation (constant dollars), gasoline cost more in 1981 than it does today.

Keep lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It must suck to lose miserably to someone you think is inebriated.

You failed miserably in your attempt to prove that Bush had the highest gas prices in recent history.

You suck. I'm sorry, I can't do nothing for you man.
Resorting to hate filled childish personal attacks, typical of the radical right. Bush didn't have the highest prices in recent history, he had the highest gas prices IN ALL OF US HISTORY.

"gas tripled in price during the time Mr. Bush was in office. In order for President Obama to match Mr. Bush's record, gas would have to go to $12.60 a gallon. Oddly, I don't hear any Republicans boasting about tripling gas prices when they last occupied the White House."

Gas prices: Prices went up more under Bush - Baltimore Sun

Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
This is my car. It costs 3000 dollars brand new in 1970. It had options, AC, 351 Cleveland, etc. So it cost 4 grand. I still have the window sticker. A new car these days does not cost 3 grand. I blame Obama for this.

Because. hey, I'm retarded.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehicles...ts/fotw364.jpg

On average, the price of gasoline was higher in 2004 than it has ever been before; however, when adjusted for inflation (constant dollars), gasoline cost more in 1981 than it does today.
Probably true WHEN THOSE WORDS WERE WRITTEN, but apparently those word were written in 2005!!!!!

In 2008, it went EVEN HIGHER.
Look at the graph.

Gasoline Price History

Ken

PS - And once again, REAGAN was President in 1981.

Maybe you should spend less effort on personal attacks and insults and more on ACTUAL RESEARCH with CURRENT information.

Whether adjusted for inflation or NOT, average gas prices reached their highest level EVER during the summer of 2008 (Bush's last summer as President) - just before the economy went into freefall collapse that fall.
Attached Thumbnails
Gas prices have doubled since Obama took office-adjusted-inflation.png  

Last edited by LordBalfor; 04-09-2012 at 08:54 PM..

Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Actaully we nor Obama are now in control of gasolie deamnd.U has f drop deamnd in recent years and not expect to really increase in future years really. its emergig markets that are growig by about10% peryear and who nwsw once they start to expand faster. China just passed us as the large market for automobles.But I greet that we need to become a net exporter of crude prodcuts( can't export crude because its oin the list as of now) and take advanatge of pullig in the deamnd that will grow i thsoe markets.Its already it he owrks if you look at projects on the gulf coast.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,178,523 times
When the price of gasoline nearly QUADRUPLED between 2001 and 2008, were you bellyaching this loudly or were you scurrying to explain why President Bush had no control over the market forces behind the highest gasoline prices in US history ($4.28/gal - average price for regular unleaded (RBOB)) in the summer of 2008?

If it wasn't Bush's fault for the $4.28/gal price in 2008, it's not Obama's fault for the $3.80/gal price we have right now.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
So did my net worth. I would rather have double the net worth and double the gasoline price than not have both.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's impossible for the radical right, they just parrot whatever fox and the other right wing propaganda outlets tell them to. They have nothing else to go on as the economy is getting better and Obama has been having month after month of positive job creation. All they have is to try and blame Obama for the gas prices (though were defending Bush when he gave us the highest gas prices in US history). The right wing machine is in full on desperation mode, that's for sure.
Right or Left doesn't matter. Party rhetoric is spewed by both sides. It has for decades and won't change thanks to this two party system that gives people way too much power. People don't get into politics to make changes to anything other than their bank account size.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Resorting to hate filled childish personal attacks, typical of the radical right. Bush didn't have the highest prices in recent history, he had the highest gas prices IN ALL OF US HISTORY.

"gas tripled in price during the time Mr. Bush was in office. In order for President Obama to match Mr. Bush's record, gas would have to go to $12.60 a gallon. Oddly, I don't hear any Republicans boasting about tripling gas prices when they last occupied the White House."

Is your $12.60 per gallon more what Obama and Chu would like to see? I think it surely is just what they want and are striving for.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Probably true WHEN THOSE WORDS WERE WRITTEN, but apparently those word were written in 2005!!!!!

In 2008, it went EVEN HIGHER.
Look at the graph.

Gasoline Price History

Ken

PS - And once again, REAGAN was President in 1981.

Maybe you should spend less effort on personal attacks and insults and more on ACTUAL RESEARCH with CURRENT information.

Whether adjusted for inflation or NOT, average gas prices reached their highest level EVER during the summer of 2008 (Bush's last summer as President) - just before the economy went into freefall collapse that fall.
Quote:
Motor Gasoline Price $/Gallon
Real - 3.48

Real - 3.47

2012 projection
Real -3.79
Motor Gasoline Regular Grade Retail Prices (Annual)

Excel Spreadsheet (XLS file)

Look how silly you look...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies