Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
It is amazing how many people love this idea. It is demeaning. Don't people have anything better to do than sit around and get their jollies from some nude person cleaning their filth?
I'm with ya. This is just stupid.

And no, OP, I'm not a conservative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
Quote:
It is amazing how many people love this idea. It is demeaning. Don't people have anything better to do than sit around and get their jollies from some nude person cleaning their filth?

Hmm, what could be better?
Acutally, the idea of nude cleaners it not new, I have seen this for years in Europe and other locations. If there is a market, why not.
I don't see if it is a conservative/liberal thing, even a lot of people try to turn every conversation into this.

Just like it or not. What is the problem?

Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Just like it or not. What is the problem?
They just told you what they thought the problem was; it's demeaning and there are far better ways to make use of your time.

I'll add that there are far better uses for one's money as well, that the maids are not all that attractive to begin with (c'mon, we gotta add that! lol), and that I question just how safe the business really is or can continue to be.

Oh, and what if a kid ends up seeing it? I don't know what the actual laws are regarding this sort of thing, but I'm sure there could be legal repercussions (in addition to it just plain being a bad situation). And I know there are things a person can do to help prevent it, but will they all take the necessary precautions?

Simply put, there are reasons strippers work in a strip club where you have to show an ID to get in.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I suppose we should also remove all floor length mirrors to keep nude children from seeing themselves as well.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:49 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
A new service that offers topless or nude cleaning for a price but conservatives in Texas apparently want to decide what goes on in your own home and regulate it. Conservatives, the party of bigger government.

Bottom Line - Texas maid service offers something extra: nudity
I do my own, naked!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suppose we should also remove all floor length mirrors to keep nude children from seeing themselves as well.
Letting a child see him/herself naked is not the same as letting them see an adult naked, I submit.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,676 times
Quote:
Oh, and what if a kid ends up seeing it?
It will be blind forever.

Quote:
I'll add that there are far better uses for one's money as well
For sure. There are also far better uses for one's money than skymall indoor dog grass.

The ones who always proclaim free markets are not willing to let the market decide, whether a services is needed or not. Nobody is forced to strip or to watch a stripper inside his house. I can not understand why people are that prude concerning nudity at home.

I would certainly not engage such a stripper for my house, but if one likes, he should be able to.

Last edited by Douglas Dakota; 04-12-2012 at 07:39 AM..

Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm still waiting for the OP to tell us why this is a Conservative problem?

Unless the OP was just trying to make a useless point, which in this case....his attempted point is useless....
Well lets see, it is from a deeply conservative state in a deeply conservative city, as per article, run by deeply consevative politicians.
Hmmm, I wonder where I got that conservative thing from?

I always thought conservatives were for people who want to be in business and for government to be out of the way of your privacy!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
What is the point of a nude housekeeper if you are at work earning money to pay for the housekeeping you do not have time, because you are working 90 hr weeks, to do yourself?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
It will be blind forever.
Not something you think is worth preventing, I guess...

Quote:
For sure. There are also far better uses for one's money than skymall indoor dog grass.

The ones who always proclaim free markets are not willing to let the market decide, whether a services is needed or not. Nobody is forced to strip or to watch a stripper inside his house. I can not understand why people are that prude concerning nudity at home.

I would certainly not engage such a stripper for my house, but if one likes, he should be able to.
Yes, but you didn't ask "Why not allow it?" You asked "What is the problem?" So I gave a few.

And while the meaning of the word "prude" is arbitrary, it's hardly the worst label out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies