Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,032,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I haven't seen this, do you have a link?
I watched the news report live , with the lawyer reading excerpts ..about 10 minutes ago.so even in todays Youtube world, I'd say we are several hours shy of a link. My hunch is either she will be on all the networks, or they will show excerpts of the clip later today.

Considering the hearing was just 3 hours ago, I'm surprised they got someone to analyze it and pick out the vital stuff so promptly.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,915,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I read here that Zimmerman is a registered Democrat...but why would he contact that right wing nut? Or did Hannity contact Zimmerman?
Because only right wing nuts would believe Zimmerman is right regardless of the justice system.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,204,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Cite | Define Cite at Dictionary.com

Scroll down to noun and before you insult me again.
hmmm, I would say:

Don't dish it out, if you can't take it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Some people are not ready to play with the big kids.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,445,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The New York Times says he was carrying a Bottle of Iced Tea. Others say "iced tea" but don't mention can or bottle. Either way a very good weapon. Why didn't Trayvon smack Zimmy with either one?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/29/us...-shooting.html
What difference would it have made? He would still have been shot and killed and people on here would be accusing him of attacking Zimmerman with a bottle. No matter what, the gun nuts on this forum think that if you have the gun you set the rules and can kill with impunity. At least that's the impression I'm getting. It's almost like how blacks are accused of defending each other no matter what, well now the gun nuts are doing the same.

And no, I am not against gun ownership. In fact I believe that people should be able to own any type of firearm they want.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, oh.

It looks like Trayvon's mother's comments about the shooting being an accident is going to be an issue.
She wasn't there. And Zimmerman already said he "had to shoot Martin in self defense."

Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,297,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
What different would it have made? He would still have been shot and killed and people on here would be accusing him of attacking Zimmerman with a bottle. No matter what, the gun nuts on this forum think that if you have the gun you set the rules and can kill with impunity. At least that's the impression I'm getting. It's almost like how blacks are accused of defending each other no matter what, well now the gun nuts are doing the same.

And no, I am not against gun ownership. In fact I believe that people should be able to own any type of firearm they want.
Makes a big difference. Itshows Trayvon wasn't the brutal thug some are trying to paint him as. You take a bottle or can as big as that and slap someone upside the head and they will go down. Some keep saying that Trayvon snuck up on Zimmy and waylaid him. Were i the one i would have used the can/bottle as a weapon. Zimmy's father says Zimmy said that Trayvon beat him for at least a minute. Trayvons cell call ended at 2/3:16 am(i don't remember whether it was 2 am or 3 am). And was it and a minute later the cops were there. Timeline problem here as well.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Read SYG it applies even if you are the aggressor. There are SYG cases in Florida where someone has started a fight, the person responds and the aggressor shoots and kills the individual. The agressor has walked. The Tampa Bay Times has a pretty good historical run down of some SYG cases.

'Stand your ground' law protects those who go far beyond that point - Tampa Bay Times

So even if you believe Zimerman instigated the run in. Once Trayvon attacked him he could use self-defense. The key is if Trayvon attacked him.
A good reason to stay the hell out of Florida!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:42 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,963,376 times
I think the prosecution is screwing this one up like they did Casey Anthony. 2nd Degree Murder seems too aggressive and will probably be their undoing but we shall see what happens.

No way for a fair trial either way. Jury will be too scared to let him go free.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I just saw Zimmerman in court. He's looking pretty scared.
He may feel threatened enough to kill everyone there under the SYG law!

Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,445,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Makes a big difference. Itshows Trayvon wasn't the brutal thug some are trying to paint him as. You take a bottle or can as big as that and slap someone upside the head and they will go down. Some keep saying that Trayvon snuck up on Zimmy and waylaid him. Were i the one i would have used the can/bottle as a weapon. Zimmy's father says Zimmy said that Trayvon beat him for at least a minute. Trayvons cell call ended at 2/3:16 am(i don't remember whether it was 2 am or 3 am). And was it and a minute later the cops were there. Timeline problem here as well.
Well I listened to several 911 calls (by the way, Zimmerman never actually called 911, he called the police station directly) and there was a women who said that she heard a verbal argument between the two men. Unfortunately, she couldn't hear what they were arguing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies