Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Conservatives are already on board with locking up non-violent drug law offenders and sending them to prison. Apparently conservatives think jail is free.
No we're not on board with it. It's a freedom of choice issue. I say it will leave more room in the prisons for real criminals and take away gang power that revolves solely around drugs. What do you think turf wars are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
President Obama needs to stop meddling in Colombian affairs, especially as it relates to drug legalization. The Colombian government should try legalization and not give two sh*ts what Americans think about it. Mexico punked out of legalizing certain drugs some years ago at the behest of the Bush Administration and it's been hell down there ever since.

Just because our nation can't get enough of these dumbass laws doesn't mean that other nations should follow suit at our behest just because we can't get our druggies under control.

The Drug War is a failure....and for the life of me, i can't understand why Americans can't get that through their damn thick ass skulls.

At Americas summit, Obama says no to legalizing drugs - latimes.com

Agree. That's why Obama is not really a liberal when it comes to social issues.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I agree with this, same thing with prostitution, just leagalize it already.
hey now that makes too much senese and no bill or amendment would pass as it would solve alot of issues and save alot of money on something that there is no way to stop or prevent and by making it illegal we force it to become a source of income for gangs and drug cartels...

Actually if our Govronments ever did pass a bill to repeal the drug act then I would be wondering what is going on... As they never give us back freedoms we had before and save us billions if not a trillion in spending and make sense and move us to forward to actually be doing something to reduce the national debt and with drugs being legal and sold and taxed creating revenue to pay for other things like new infastructure and creating new Jobs.

I mean sounds like we would live in a free country and also reduce big Govronment in our lifes and that sounds like how we were supposed to live like but over time lost alot of our freedoms..

Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Agree. That's why Obama is not really a liberal when it comes to social issues.
He's not a liberal on any issue that i can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies