Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,463,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Seems you have very little experience with the criminal justice system.....and that's a GOOD THING.

You are the person who disbelieves that the jury is the finder of facts or trier of facts, too, aren't you? Do you happen to have any friends who are attorneys? If so, maybe you might want to discuss these things with them. It could prove to be very insightful for you.
No, YOU are the one that thinks juries find facts. I told you that they DO NOT find facts, they REVIEW evidence entered into the case and make a determination if they actually mean anything or if the defense raised a possibility of doubt to ignore said facts. That's what I said, you continued to argue that the jury is the FINDER of facts to BE TRUE. THEY ARE NOT! Like I mentioned, if that was the case, then why did Casey Anthony get let off? Wasn't it because the JURY thought it was POSSIBLE that they were covering up for a drowning in their pool? What FACTS did the jury have that made them think that? The answer is NONE, it was a POSSIBILITY, that's all. Anyway, please explain how you can add up multiple LEGAL actions and come out with an ILLEGAL action? Please, by all means, make me laugh!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Well I guess all of this just PROVES that George Zimmerman is guilty. That was the magic thread that caused all of his defense to unravel!

Seriously, is this all you have? Zimmerman will more than likely be found not guilty of any wrong doing. I am glad there are people out there who want their neighborhoods to be nicer and safer.
....who will walk around like a puffed-up vigilante, ready to shoot anything that looks "suspicious."

Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,049,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's subjective not definitive courts deal with definitives
This.

While I think the whole not reporting the 200,000 looks bad on Zimmerman, "a little younger" is subjective. The prosecution could pursue that train of thought, but to be honest, they'll get nowhere, and should stick with the facts.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's subjective not definitive courts deal with definitives, you lose.
It's really funny that they hang on to this kind of tripe and they have the gall to call themselves educated intellectuals.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You know, that theory has occurred to posters who have followed this case closely. The SYG laws would possibly be revisited and revised if Zimmerman is found guilty, as well as culpable in a civil case.
The Governor in Florida has put together a Task Force to review|revisit the SYG law, in fact they're meeting today...

Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Well the trial hasn't even started yet and Zimmerman is already proving to be a liar.

While testifying recently in court, Zimmerman decided to "apologize" to Martin's parents. During his "apology" he said- "I didn't know how old he was, I thought he was a little younger than me". Zimmerman is 28.

On Zimmerman's 911 call the dispatcher asks how old the "suspicious" person is, and Zimmerman answers "LATE TEENS".

Jurors don't like LIARS.
You don't lie to your lawyer,because by doing so you take away his power to fully defend you- and you don't lie to the court- you let the others lie till they hang themselves.

As I suspected - poor Zimmerman is not that bright- he is weak...People who lie do it out of weakness...The strong and just don't need deception to survive.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,595,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Well I guess all of this just PROVES that George Zimmerman is guilty. That was the magic thread that caused all of his defense to unravel!

Seriously, is this all you have? Zimmerman will more than likely be found not guilty of any wrong doing. I am glad there are people out there who want their neighborhoods to be nicer and safer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Wow, smoking gun you got there. There is no lie, just misinterpretation on your part. You people have become emotionally desperate over this case for some reason. I guess you guys got the email instructing you to keep beating this dead horse.
the desperation on this one is so thick you could cut it with knife.

let's see: zimmerman sees Martin, likely with his hoodie up, from a distance and guesses he's in his late teens.

later, after having the 6-foot-3 Martin repeatedly bash his head into the pavement, he guesses he was somewhat older.

LIAR!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-01-2012 at 01:33 PM..

Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You don't lie to your lawyer,because by doing so you take away his power to fully defend you- and you don't lie to the court- you let the others lie till they hang themselves.

As I suspected - poor Zimmerman is not that bright- he is weak...People who lie do it out of weakness...The strong and just don't need deception to survive.
IIRC he didn't lie since he was never asked personally.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,682,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
Isn'tlate teens younger than 28? Are we arguing over trifles here?
Doncha just want to shake your head and walk away! Some people grasp at anything to make futile points.

The bottom line is Zimm will get off. He defended himself and rightfully so.

The End.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:59 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,913 times
Let the courts decide. People judging the kid for being in trouble in school, for having traces of weed in a baggy, you'd think he was a deliquent. I don't know what happened. Neither do any of you.

Zimmerman says he acted in self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies