Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And that's what you base all your posts on. An imaginary 'most likely' scenario.

Truth and facts be damned!
And you're basing yours on the account of a lying man with a history of aggression.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trayvon Martin had no idea why this man was stalking him and what his intentions were. GZ most likely displayed that gun to Trayvon Martin at some point and did some sort of "put your hands up" nonsense since he was a wannabe cop.

Add to this the fact that GZ has been PROVEN a LIAR and you believe his version of the incident (because he killed the only other witness, the victim)....so what does that make you?

Your argument goes both ways. TM had no idea what GZ intentions were, and neither did GZ when his head was getting hit into the sidewalk.

I'll tell you this though, I'd be more inclined to attack with deadly force if I was getting my head hit into the street as opposed to someone following me.

Your "GZ most likely displayed that gun " comment is completely useless and an irrelevant opinion with no merit at all, pulled completely out of left field.

I will say that it does seem like GZ is a liar and something he is going to have to contend with in the court.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:11 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Your argument goes both ways. TM had no idea what GZ intentions were, and neither did GZ when his head was getting hit into the sidewalk.

I'll tell you this though, I'd be more inclined to attack with deadly force if I was getting my head hit into the street as opposed to someone following me.

Your "GZ most likely displayed that gun " comment is completely useless and an irrelevant opinion with no merit at all, pulled completely out of left field.

I will say that it does seem like GZ is a liar and something he is going to have to contend with in the court.
And you're assuming that GZ just followed him with no confrontation - of course we know that this is what GZ says, who has no absolutely no reason to lie, right?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And that's what you base all your posts on. An imaginary 'most likely' scenario.

Truth and facts be damned!
We don't know ALL the "facts" yet, so it's impossible to know the "truth" at this point. Of course it is most unlikely that we will learn the "truth" from George Zimmerman as Zimmerman seems to have a propensity to lie.

Btw, if this were a clear-cut SYG defense in this case, Zimmerman's lawyer would immediately ask for an immunity hearing and have the case thrown out of court. Obviously Zimmerman's defense team, as opposed to the opinions of so many people posting here, does not seem to think they have such a clear SYG case on Zimmerman's behalf. Why would O'Mara let his client suffer in jail if he thought this was a clear and convincing SYG case and all he had to do was get an immunity hearing to immediately resolve the issue?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post

The difference is that GZ would not have been in that altercation had he followed the directions of the police dispatcher and stopped stalking TM.

Trayvon Martin had no idea what this weirdo GZ was doing or why he was following him. Was he trying to rob him, rape him, eat his face? George Zimmerman is not and was not an authority figure; he was not a police officer so he had no right to attempt to stop Trayvon Martin.

GZ deserved the injuries that he received from TM because he was a punk and a coward. And because he is a punk and a coward, he pulled his gun and murdered an innocent teenager.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:23 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,244,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Where does this come from, that Trayvon was fearing for his life?

I have not paid any attention to this case in weeks, did some new information come out that indicates a threat on Martin's life, before he started punching Zimmerman?

Did Trayvon see Zimmerman with the gun before he punched him?

Did Zimmerman physically attack Trayvon first, and tryvon's beating of Zimmerman was in self defense?
The poster mentioned going beyond a "reasonable attack", which actually implies an assumption on the poster's part that Trayvon reacted in self-defense. If an attack is "reasonable", then it is to some degree justified. Following his assumption, I simply questioned his underlying reasoning for the assertion that Trayvon's reaction somehow went beyond the pale of "reasonable" self-defense and constituted a "felonious assault" that would justify his killing.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Martin was standing his ground, from what threat, the threat of someone looking at him???

All he had to do was walk away, it was not his neighborhood, he could have just walked away, but it seems he chose to confront and then beat the hell out of Zimmerman instead.
Not so sure he could just walk away. There is one witness who has said she heard Martin saying "get off, get off" just prior to the phone going off. To whom would Martin have been saying "get off, get off"? Could it be that as Martin started to walk away, Zimmerman reached out to stop him in order to keep him there until the police arrived?

Well, we will see if that's the state's theory after the trial starts. The State will reveal their theory of the case in opening statements at the trial before evidence is presented.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:27 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Which of course opens up Zimmerman's assertion that Martin went for his gun to an interpretation that actually favors Martin; i.e., the victim, in fear for his life, struggled with his attacker and at one point during the struggle attempted to disarm his attacker while screaming for help.
That's one interpretation.

I don't think the state will use gz's story of a struggle for the gun or tm saying something like, 'you're gonna die tonight' as part of its theory.

imo.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:43 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,244,502 times
Quote:
From what I have read and heard, it sounds like Zimmerman was monitoring Martin's where abouts, Martin found out, and Martin was upset about it when he confronted Zimmerman, and Martin beat the hell out of him.
Upset or frightened/threatened?

Based on the 911 call and Zimmerman's documented propensity to violence, upset would more likely apply to Zimmerman. "F-ing punks, A-holes, they always get away, etc." The picture leans more towards a frustrated Zimmerman attempting to apprehend and pre-emptively detain Martin to ensure he won't get away. Martin, backed into a situation from which there is little room for escape, chooses to defend himself.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:48 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not so sure he could just walk away. There is one witness who has said she heard Martin saying "get off, get off" just prior to the phone going off. To whom would Martin have been saying "get off, get off"? Could it be that as Martin started to walk away, Zimmerman reached out to stop him in order to keep him there until the police arrived?

Well, we will see if that's the state's theory after the trial starts. The State will reveal their theory of the case in opening statements at the trial before evidence is presented.
This cracks me. Someone who overoverover reminds everyone of the unreliability of eyewitness testimony, relying on the testimony of an earwitness without the reminder of unreliability.

That witness also could 'hear the grass.' Probably no mention of get off until the prosecutor meeting. On a call disconnected several times. She heard, 'a little bit, tm saying get off, get off.' She might be telling the absolute truth, but wanted to send the witness credibility caveat your way.

imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies