Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,523,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
What is a "reasonable attack", other than an implicit admission on your part that Trayvon did indeed have the right to defend himself in the first place? If Trayvon was in fear for his life, then how does his reaction suddenly morph into an instance of assault?
If tm feared for his life he could have justifiably killed gz. Unfortunately for him, gz had the gun.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
A felonious assault generally is defined as an attack or threat of an attack on another individual in which the attacker uses a dangerous weapon and seeks to cause serious harm but stops short of an attempt to kill the victim. The exact definition varies from one jurisdiction to another, with different interpretations of intent and different conditions and distinctions drawing the line between misdemeanor and felony charges, but most agree on this basic premise. Further distinctions are often drawn between different grades of felonious assault to better fit the punishment to the specific crime. For instance, assault and battery, where an attacker has caused a level of harm to an individual that medical attention is required, is a form of felonious assault.

Did Trayvon's attack go beyond a reasonable attack and cross into a life or death situation?

If Trayvon SLAMMED Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk as his wounds and all evidence indicates, then yes, Trayvon committed assault.

Which means that Zimmerman could have feared for his life, justifying the shooting.

What is unclear?

Trayvon Martin was STANDING HIS GROUND against this older man who was being a creepy stalker with a gun.

So was TM just supposed to stand there and let George Zimmerman shot him?

Get a clue.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,698,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What you refuse to consider is that Trayvon Martin's life was threatened.
This is priceless.

Following someone (which I don't believe George was doing, but for the sake of argument, let's assume he was) constitutes a threat on someone's life. Yet bashing someone's head into the pavement (such as sweet little Tray was doing to George) is NOT considered life threatening.

OK, then.

No wonder America is messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trayvon Martin was STANDING HIS GROUND against this older man who was being a creepy stalker with a gun.

Get a clue.
So you believe Trayvon knew George had a weapon? And was stupid enough to knock him around, anyway?

Man, that is some kind of uber stupid!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,696,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look man...you can play these silly games all you want. If Martin was the attacker, then you can't tell me that him attacking Zimmerman was a simple coincidence. Why didn't Martin attack a hundred other people instead of Zimmerman? You're making sound as if this was random when it's anything but.
silly games?? These are just my opinions with the information I know of. I think it's possible that Martin saw Zimmerman watching him, was upset about it, and then beat the hell out of him.

No, I do not think Martin routinely went up to people at random and beat them. Now who is being silly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You guys can't face it because Martin is your worse nightmare. Martin was your prototypical punk kid. You'd love to think that if you saw a kid like Martin, you could easily back the punk kid down....especially if you're armed. Now however, you have your doubts. You could get your ass kicked, and you might actually have to shoot him to get him off you. You don't really wanna shoot someone because you've got a kool-aid heart, and you can't handle the jail time should you be found guilty of a wrongful shooting. Basically, i'm saying that most of you Zimmerman supporters are soft...just like Zimmerman. And now, you're wondering what you would do in that situation because it's not working out so well for Zimmerman in the aftermath.

Fear. It's a tough thing to face....i know.
You know nothing about me, so don't lump me in with your stereotypes. i've said before that I can understand Martin being upset that some guy is out there spying on him, and following him around, as if he were some kind of a threat to the neighborhood. I also said that Martin was probably quick to anger over being suspended from school over an empty bag.

From what I have read and heard, it sounds like Zimmerman was monitoring Martin's where abouts, Martin found out, and Martin was upset about it when he confronted Zimmerman, and Martin beat the hell out of him.

I think Zimmerman created the situation, but that Martin was responsible for taking it to a new level when he became violent. we will find out in the trial, for all we know, Zimmerman may have thrown the first punch, but from I've heard the escalation to violence seems to be all on Martin's side.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Get a clue.
Martin was standing his ground, from what threat, the threat of someone looking at him???

All he had to do was walk away, it was not his neighborhood, he could have just walked away, but it seems he chose to confront and then beat the hell out of Zimmerman instead.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,296,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Do you fail to recognize that that was a felonious assault or that there was a fight that resulted in the outcome?

It is also an unreasonable belief that someone is justified in attacking a citizen that they think might be following or near them.
Yes, TM was beating Zimmerman silly in a felonious assault. Fearing for his life George ended TM's felonious assaut to save his own life.

Self defense.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This is priceless.

Following someone (which I don't believe George was doing, but for the sake of argument, let's assume he was) constitutes a threat on someone's life. Yet bashing someone's head into the pavement (such as sweet little Tray was doing to George) is NOT considered life threatening.

OK, then.

No wonder America is messed up.

So you believe Trayvon knew George had a weapon? And was stupid enough to knock him around, anyway?

Man, that is some kind of uber stupid!
Trayvon Martin had no idea why this man was stalking him and what his intentions were. GZ most likely displayed that gun to Trayvon Martin at some point and did some sort of "put your hands up" nonsense since he was a wannabe cop.

Add to this the fact that GZ has been PROVEN a LIAR and you believe his version of the incident (because he killed the only other witness, the victim)....so what does that make you?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:51 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,250,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If tm feared for his life he could have justifiably killed gz. Unfortunately for him, gz had the gun.
Which of course opens up Zimmerman's assertion that Martin went for his gun to an interpretation that actually favors Martin; i.e., the victim, in fear for his life, struggled with his attacker and at one point during the struggle attempted to disarm his attacker while screaming for help.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
What is a "reasonable attack", other than an implicit admission on your part that Trayvon did indeed have the right to defend himself in the first place? If Trayvon was in fear for his life, then how does his reaction suddenly morph into an instance of assault?
Where does this come from, that Trayvon was fearing for his life?

I have not paid any attention to this case in weeks, did some new information come out that indicates a threat on Martin's life, before he started punching Zimmerman?

Did Trayvon see Zimmerman with the gun before he punched him?

Did Zimmerman physically attack Trayvon first, and tryvon's beating of Zimmerman was in self defense?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,698,431 times
Quote:
most likely
And that's what you base all your posts on. An imaginary 'most likely' scenario.

Truth and facts be damned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.