Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,958,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm probably a gz supporter because I don't think the evidence I know of supports his guilt of an illegal homicide. Instead of answering every post about 'gz supporters,' Zimmerman Zombies ---

tm didn't 'deserve' to die.

I'd feel the same way about the evidence if gz was a drug addicted serial killer rapist who beats his wife.

gz isn't a hero and tm wasn't a 'thug.'
--------------------
Though the IAmTrayvon's won't like it, call it smearing the victim, heartless, victimizing the victim, whatever they want, TM's character and behavior, including drug use, will be part of the case.

imo.
If that is the case, so will George Zimmerman's. So far, the only drug that it can be proven that TM took at some point was marijuana. George Zimmerman was on prescription drugs, was arrested for assaulting a police officer and lied in a court room. There are rumours about him too, if we are going to speak on character based on rumours. If GZ's character has nothing to do with this - if his lies, the drugs he was taking and his past history have nothing to do with this, neither do Trayvon's.

I am a Trayvon Martin Supporter because I don't think he deserved to die on his way back from the convenience store, talking on the phone, unarmed and minding his own business. I think that it is scarey and threatening to have a man follow you in a vehicle and then on foot and I believe that if GZ would have went on his way and not exited his vehicle, TM would still be alive. In my opinion, TM's death is GZ's fault, not the other way around. Of course none of our opinions really matter. It will all play out in court and GZ's fate will be decided there.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No one said that, quit planting a bunch of lies here.

Yes they did say it. I am not planting lies it is in one of the TM threads...you can search for it if you want to but I don't have to lie. If you hae a problem with liars, take it up with George Zimmerman or his supporters here who have posted pictures and videos of other kids that they claim to be the Trayvon Martin that was killed. You can quit with your holier than thou BS, especially when you have no issue with people lying and trying to demonize a dead seventeen year old.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,246,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post

I am a Trayvon Martin Supporter because I don't think he deserved to die on his way back from the convenience store, talking on the phone, unarmed and minding his own business. I think that it is scarey and threatening to have a man follow you in a vehicle and then on foot and I believe that if GZ would have went on his way and not exited his vehicle, TM would still be alive. In my opinion, TM's death is GZ's fault, not the other way around. Of course none of our opinions really matter. It will all play out in court and GZ's fate will be decided there.
Do you fail to recognize that that was a felonious assault or that there was a fight that resulted in the outcome?

It is also an unreasonable belief that someone is justified in attacking a citizen that they think might be following or near them.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,431,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It will be planted in the jury's head long before the trial so as not to portray TM as an angel. Not saying it is true, just saying.
And exactly HOW will this gossip be "planted in the jury's head long before trial"?

Not everyone spends a lot of time on the internet reading that kind of stuff. Plus, there is the jury selection process to get through, which attempts to determine whether or not a juror is already biased in the case. BOTH sides question the jurors, as well as the judge sometimes. Occasionally a biased juror may through, but there's no way there would be an entire jury panel that would have a negative opinion of TM or even know about this outrageous gossip. Plus, during jury deliberations the jury is not allowed to discuss ANYTHING that did not come from the evidence presented in the courtroom during the trial.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,726,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Do you fail to recognize that that was a felonious assault or that there was a fight that resulted in the outcome?

It is also an unreasonable belief that someone is justified in attacking a citizen that they think might be following or near them.
They don't recognize any of that simply because they refuse to accept the truth.

It really is that simple.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:39 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,431,143 times
Quote:

"felonious assault"????

Yes, there was a fight that resulted in TM's death, and that's exactly WHY this issue will be resolved in the courts.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,541,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If that is the case, so will George Zimmerman's. So far, the only drug that it can be proven that TM took at some point was marijuana. George Zimmerman was on prescription drugs, was arrested for assaulting a police officer and lied in a court room. There are rumours about him too, if we are going to speak on character based on rumours. If GZ's character has nothing to do with this - if his lies, the drugs he was taking and his past history have nothing to do with this, neither do Trayvon's.

If that's your standard for being a tm supporter, count me in. I don't think he deserved to die on his way back from the convenience store, talking on the phone, unarmed and minding his own business. I agree with you and the cop that the death of tm was ultimately avoidable. To me, however, the issue of Legal Culpability is different.

What is it that makes someone a gz supporter or gz zombie ? Calling tm a thug ? Mentioning his school suspensions ? Believing for now tm was beating up gz when he was shot ? Thinking the arrest affadavit was flimsy ? Other things ?

I'd like a better idea of which 'side' I'm on.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:34 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,246,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"felonious assault"????

Yes, there was a fight that resulted in TM's death, and that's exactly WHY this issue will be resolved in the courts.
A felonious assault generally is defined as an attack or threat of an attack on another individual in which the attacker uses a dangerous weapon and seeks to cause serious harm but stops short of an attempt to kill the victim. The exact definition varies from one jurisdiction to another, with different interpretations of intent and different conditions and distinctions drawing the line between misdemeanor and felony charges, but most agree on this basic premise. Further distinctions are often drawn between different grades of felonious assault to better fit the punishment to the specific crime. For instance, assault and battery, where an attacker has caused a level of harm to an individual that medical attention is required, is a form of felonious assault.

Did Trayvon's attack go beyond a reasonable attack and cross into a life or death situation?

If Trayvon SLAMMED Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk as his wounds and all evidence indicates, then yes, Trayvon committed assault.

Which means that Zimmerman could have feared for his life, justifying the shooting.

What is unclear?

Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
A felonious assault generally is defined as an attack or threat of an attack on another individual in which the attacker uses a dangerous weapon and seeks to cause serious harm but stops short of an attempt to kill the victim. The exact definition varies from one jurisdiction to another, with different interpretations of intent and different conditions and distinctions drawing the line between misdemeanor and felony charges, but most agree on this basic premise. Further distinctions are often drawn between different grades of felonious assault to better fit the punishment to the specific crime. For instance, assault and battery, where an attacker has caused a level of harm to an individual that medical attention is required, is a form of felonious assault.

Did Trayvon's attack go beyond a reasonable attack and cross into a life or death situation?

If Trayvon SLAMMED Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk as his wounds and all evidence indicates, then yes, Trayvon committed assault.

Which means that Zimmerman could have feared for his life, justifying the shooting.

What is unclear?

What you refuse to consider is that Trayvon Martin's life was threatened. I guess because he smoked marijuana, had jewelry in his back back and wrote WTF on a door, this can't be the case in your mind. Trayvon Martin had the right to stand his ground and while some of you keep trying to dismiss Zimmerman following him as a factor in determining who is at fault, it is. Standing your ground doesn't have to be done with a gun. Why is it so far fetched for some of you to believe that Trayvon Martin acted out of fear and felt that his life was in danger? It only makes sense that a person would feel this way if they were being followed in the dark by a strange man in a vehicle, then on foot. What do you think was going Trayvon Martin's head? Do you think that he thought George Zimmerman was a nice man who was trying to make sure that he made it home safely?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,267,663 times
Quote:

What is unclear?
What is a "reasonable attack", other than an implicit admission on your part that Trayvon did indeed have the right to defend himself in the first place? If Trayvon was in fear for his life, then how does his reaction suddenly morph into an instance of assault?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies