Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times

Advertisements

We've talked about an immunity hearing previously in this thread. At this point, credibility, Zimmerman's credibility, seems to be a real risk factor in an immunity hearing.

From your link:

"I think where the judge's perspective comes in is their experience in being able to weigh and determine credibility," Buonauro said. And the defendant's credibility, he said, is critical.
In Zimmerman's case, a "stand your ground" claim would rest in the hands of Judge Kenneth Lester,the same judge who just threw Zimmermanback in jail after determining he misled the court about his finances.
Lawyers agree it's likely that Zimmerman would testify if there's an immunity hearing. Whether the judge would believe him remains to be seen."

Old 06-10-2012, 08:10 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Assuming you misspelled REALITY, nothing that I mentioned has anything to do with "REALITY TV." If you are referring to MSNBC's Lockup, apparently you have never watched it. The show is a DOCUMENTARY.
Sure it is. Because the producers said so. LOL. Anyways, I was referring to your comment that prisoners on the show were mostly white made you think that it is a representation of typical ethnic breakdown of the prison population. Funny. Government data shows 37.4% of Blacks in the system.

Quote:
I have yet to see you post anything to back up your claims. The majority of the population that you refer to are unfortunately born into poverty and or drug addiction both of which breeds crime and criminals. Additionally, racism in America did not die simply because Obama was elected. Since a lot of white people think like you and many of them are law enforcement officers, are you surprised at the number of blacks arrested and jailed?
Sure sure. Just because I quote the official stats on prison population it automatically makes me a racist. LOL.
Yes, white people invented ghettos, welfare mothers and gansta rap. And AIDS. Its all our fault because the Blacks in Africa are all bunch of angels living in prosperity and peace with each other.

Here is your "internet data" on racial breakdown of the prison population, straight from the "racist" federal government: http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp#2
See? 14% of US population, Blacks, responsible for 40% of prisoners. Enlightning, isn't it? Whites, including most Hispanics, 59%. Take out Hispanics and you'll see that Whites are a minority in prisons. Amazing. Still wonder why people of many races have certain stereotypes regarding Blacks in this country?

Quote:
I and the majority of black people I know have no criminal record, have worked hard all of our lives, never been on welfare and live regular lives. Some of my friends are white, however, unlike you I don't automatically assume that all of them are or have a family history that includes child molesters, carnivores, murderers or rapists.

It may help you to get out more as it is more than obvious that the only relationship and knowledge that you have with regard to people that are OTW are the statistics you read on the internet.
Help me get out more? LOL You think I have never seen Black ghettos that most people try to avoid even driving through? I haven't seen Newark, Gary, Camden or north Philly?
Bud, where I live is a nice mostly white (and affluent minorities) community with very little crime but I can take my car and within half hour be in another town on Martin Luther King Blvd where you can see things that can blow your mind....

You see most Americans are trained from childhood to pretend they do not see the things they see. Even it they see them they can't even mention them for the fear of being branded racists and biggots by other whites.
Statistics show that Blacks are responsible for a huge chunk of criminal activity in this country, to be precise the 13% minority is responsible for 40% of the prison population. Can you imagine? If it wasn't for the Blacks we would have at least 40% less crime in this country? Don't you think we would feel the difference?

There is almost no racial prejudice in the US, whites who founded this country based on European traditions, learned to live and work next to Blacks, Hispanics and Orientals yet nobody wants to live next to crime and the ghetto. That's not racism, that's self-preservation and common sense.

Last edited by rebel12; 06-10-2012 at 09:36 PM..

Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Assuming you misspelled REALITY, nothing that I mentioned has anything to do with "REALITY TV." If you are referring to MSNBC's Lockup, apparently you have never watched it. The show is a DOCUMENTARY.

I have yet to see you post anything to back up your claims. The majority of the population that you refer to are unfortunately born into poverty and or drug addiction both of which breeds crime and criminals. Additionally, racism in America did not die simply because Obama was elected. Since a lot of white people think like you and many of them are law enforcement officers, are you surprised at the number of blacks arrested and jailed?

The majority of whites in prison are there for: meth addiction, or are serial: child molesters, murderers and rapists.

I and the majority of black people I know have no criminal record, have worked hard all of our lives, never been on welfare and live regular lives. Some of my friends are white, however, unlike you I don't automatically assume that all of them are or have a family history that includes child molesters, carnivores, murderers or rapists.

It may help you to get out more as it is more than obvious that the only relationship and knowledge that you have with regard to people that are OTW are the statistics you read on the internet.

Whogo's link yielded this nugget, which may explain many of the posts that are seen on this thread:

Why Conservatives Are Smearing Trayvon Martin

[quote] I’m far from the first to notice the similarities between the way people talk about Martin and the way they talk about rape victims, whose clothes and histories are often subject to scrutiny no matter how cut-and-dried the case seems. Like a rape victim, Martin’s past is being excavated for evidence that he might have provoked the harm done to him. It hardly matters that even if Martin had gotten high every day, it would have had zero relevance; it’s not as if marijuana use is linked to violence. Nor that it’s not unusual for a teenager to come across as obnoxious on Twitter. People were looking for some tenuous justification for treating him as complicit in his own death, and now they’ve found it. (For the record, I was also suspended from high school, though in my case for smoking cigarettes. I trust that should a stranger shoot me in the street, no one will treat this as a mitigating factor.)/]

Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Sure it is. Because they producers say so. Anyways, I was referring to your comment that prisoners on the show were mostly white which you understood as representation of typical ethnic breakdown of us prison population. Funny. Government data shows 37.4% of Blacks in the system.

Sure sure. Just because I quote the official stats on prison population it automatically makes me a racist. LOL.
Yes, white people invented ghettos, welfare mothers and gansta rap. And AIDS. Its all our fault because the Blacks in Africa are all bunch of angels living in prosperity and peace with each other.

Here is your "internet data" on racial breakdown of the prison population, straight from the "racist" federal government: BOP: Quick Facts
See? 14% of US population, Blacks, responsible for 40% of prisoners. Enlightning, isn't it? Whites, including most Hispanics, 59%. Take out Hispanics and you'll see that Whites are a minority in prisons. Amazing. Still wonder why people of many races have certain stereotypes regarding Blacks in this country?

Help me get out more? LOL You think I have never seen Black ghettos that most people try to avoid even driving through? I haven't seen Newark, Gary, Camden or north Philly?
Bud, where I live is a nice mostly white (and affluent minorities) community with very little crime but I can take my car and within half hour be in another town on Martin Luther King Blvd where you can see things that can blow your mind....

You see most Americans are trained from childhood to pretend they do not see the things they see. Even it they see them they can't even mention them for the fear of being branded racists and biggots by other whites.
Statistics show that Blacks are responsible for a huge chunk of criminal activity in this country, to be precise the 13% minority is responsible for 40% of the prison population. Can you imagine? If it wasn't for the Blacks we would have at least 40% less crime in this country? Don't you think we would feel the difference?

There is almost no racial prejudice in the US, whites who founded this country based on European traditions, learned to live and work next to Blacks, Hispanics and Orientals yet nobody wants to live next to crime and the ghetto. That's not racism, that's self-preservation and common sense.
And what does all of the above have to do with Trayvon Martin?

Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,083,413 times
Much ado. . .

Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
And not the media falsifying the 911 tape, the president making the point that Treyvon could have been his son, Al Sharpton and finally New Black Panthers??? You are kidding, right?

FACT CHECK!!!!

1. The 911 Tape was the doing on one person in one media outlet who was told to "shorten it" where/why he shortened it when/where he did is up for speculation

2. If Clinton or bush had said it would it had made a difference? Pres Obama made the statement as a father with DAUGHTERS! He just happened to have the same ethnicity as Trayvon.

3. Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson were ASKED by the Martin family to come down and shed light to the fact that their son was killed and the police attempted to cover in up

4. The New BP entered the situation on their own, no one asked them to be theree and they actually did not help the situation at all. But since you mentioned them why did'nt you mention the neonazis and skinheads that started patrolling the city?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The bend over backward effort to minimize race as the major politicizing factor is a joke.

If I knew how to find the earlier threads I'd spend a few minutes counting the times a variation of this was said --- 'If tm was white and gz was black, gz woulda been arrested in a heartbeat.'

The NBC editing was extreme bias. Worse was the constant impression given that gz profiled tm because he was black. In fact, there's zip to prove gz knew tm was black when he made the 911 call.

The race issue in driving this case is so self-evident, makes it hard to discuss with the deniers.

Ok I'll bite, So why exactly did zimmerman follow Trayvon and not whites or latinos? Black were not the only ones breaking into peoples homes. zimmerman has already been caught making racist statements as well as making them in his fb pages

Old 06-11-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Because as there is no single piece of evidence that GZ actions were racially motivitated the Itrayvon posters here nevertheless injected race card into most arguments. It seems to me that you want to eat the cake and have it too. Don't play victims all the time.
The biggest issue was that zimmerman killed someone AND the police tried to cover it up by taking his word for it. Actually it really would not have make a big difference if Trayvon was white or asian if the fact that anyone got away with a murder the way the zimmerman did

Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Of course cause everybody who doesn't agree with you is a racist and bigot. Few posts ago my description of Al Sharpton as "lovely" was construed as racist. Right
Everyone that disagrees with me is not a racist bigot, just people who feel the need to bring stats up and paint a picture of black males as violent thugs any chance they get, knowing that stats have nothing to do with this case, and knowing that the criminal element is not the majority or anywhere near the majority of the black male population. The people who bring up these stats also overlook any racism against blacks, accuse anyone who speaks against racism of playing the race card, say that the holocaust never happened and that blacks owned slaves before whites and that blacks sold slaves to the whites (as if this makes the atrocities of the Atlantic slave trade okay).

It really gets old and it is the same BS parroted by racists over and over again. Blacks/Latinos/Gays= bad inferior beings/abomination - I know a bigot when I see one or read the writing of one. No matter how much you repeat the same things over and over again and site USDOJ or FBI stats, it isn't going to make it okay to discriminate against people or treat them like second class citizens. Your stats have no place in this discussion. They do not justify the killing of Travyon Martin and while you are joining in on the character assasination, don't leave out GZ's drug use ,not so savory past encounters with law enforcement and rumours of aggression toward women and coworkers. With that said, I am not going to debate with you about black men in this thread when there are plenty of others in this forum discussing them.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
It helps putting this incident into perspective. You guys donwplay Treyvon having drugs in his system and being suspended from school for drugs and require everyone to believe that he was a Virgin Mary. I am not saying Zimmerman is not guilty, I am just saying leave this to the court system, don't make it another Tawanna case and don't act surprised when people are suspicious of black kids in hoodies in their neighborhoods. The statistics prove they have a right to be suspicious.
I guess that you dismiss the fact that zimmerman was on a known medication that a side effect could cause aggressive behaivior and bad judgement. Truthfully if Trayvon had been "high" on weed zimmerman would not had such a bad azz whooping such hemp slows your reflexes and well as perception.

Since you want to bring up The tawanna brawley case why did'nt you mention the Jenna 6? If you are going to mention the mistakes why not mention the successes as well? Consider niether one of those cases have absolutely NOTHING to do with this one.

So I guess that black youth are not allowed the luxuries of wearing a hoodie during inclimate weather like other groups of people? I noticed that Mark Zuckerberg wears a hoodie quite a bit, should he be looked at as being "suspicious" as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies