Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I avoid this thread because its, well its lame.
17 year olds can and have served. We call the young man a child? Yet many of you calling him a child defend someone the same age of being responsible enough to have sex with legal adults. Which is it? Under 18 are children there for should not be allowed any adult decision space or they are adults?
Young men young than the Trayvon are tried as adults for murder. Why? How?
Because they are not children.
I have faced down the barrel of guns held by younger men than Trayvon. They weren't children either.
Trayvon Martin had been 17 since the first week of February; he made it a whole 3 weeks at 17, hardly time to glean a lifetime of experience. In reality, he had the mind and experience level of a 16 year-old. Your personal experiences aside, Trayvon Martin was no guerilla fighter or gangster wannabe. He did nothing in his short life that merited his death at the hands of Zimmerman.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Then why are you here? I have a son that is about to turn sixteen next month and he is very much a child. I certainly did not think the same way that I do now at the age of 17. Did you? Legally, Trayvon Martin was still a minor. A human male can grow up to the age of 25. Either way, what does that really have to do with Zimmerman ending someone's son's life prematurely? Why argue about what the definition of a child is? The issue is whether or not Zimmerman killed him in self defense or not. Was Trayvon's death Zimmerman's fault? Could it have been avoided? If you think that the thread is lame and don't want to discuss the topic at hand, why bother commenting?
Sorry I can't rep you again.

I am very much agreement with you. When my son (who is black) was 17 y/o he was a young naive virgin in every since of the word. He attended an elite boarding school on an academic scholarship (Lake Forest Academy, Lake Forest Illinois) and is extremely intelligent and articulate. For those who prematurely judge a book by it's cover are really sad. The fact that a teenager was being stalked and then killed by a grown man because he dressed or looked a certain way is beyond disgusting and disturbing. For those who assume that every young black male is a thug or gangbanger, surprise you are so wrong.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
I have faced down the barrel of guns held by younger men than Trayvon. They weren't children either.
Yes, it's true. Some youths are tried as adults. In fact, Angela Corey prosecuted a 12 year old as an adult after he killed his 2 year old sister IIRC.

However, what you wrote has nothing to do with this case, since Trayvon Martin is not on trial. He was the victim who was just taking a walk.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, it's true. In fact, Angela Corey prosecuted a 12 year old as an adult after he killed his 2 year old sister IIRC.

However, what you wrote has nothing to do with this case, since Trayvon Martin is not on trial. He was the victim who was just taking a walk.
90% of what you and others with high post counts on this and other Sweet Llittle Trayvon threads has anything to do with the case, either.

Focus!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I know what Crump said in his letter, which you automatically accept as true. What was His source for the accusation ?

Show me the affadavit.
So what you are saying is that a member of the Florida bar wrote a letter to the US Dept of Justice about an affidavit, but it was a lie? Is this a new conspiracy theory?

I couldn't find the aisle with the peanut butter when I went to Publix, so you'll have to ask someone else to look through the court records.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
90% of what you and others with high post counts on this and other Sweet Llittle Trayvon threads has anything to do with the case, either.

Focus!
Sweet Little Trayvon and Noble George Zimmerman. You'd think these two fine fellows would have met and George would have treated Trayvon to ice cream.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
17 year olds can and have served. We call the young man a child? Yet many of you calling him a child defend someone the same age of being responsible enough to have sex with legal adults. Which is it? Under 18 are children there for should not be allowed any adult decision space or they are adults?
That is all about you. This is about the unjust, uncalled for murder of a 17 year old kid. Kid, Man....nomenclature....... He was Murdered.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Nah. There would be no justifiable cause to use deadly force in this case. If you called a Tea Party member a *******, he'd probably drop dead from a heart attack or turn the gun on himself.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
They are considered a child until they reach the age of 18 in FL.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
They are considered a child until they reach the age of 18 in FL.
Now I just dod a quick google and found that florida does in fact charge young adults under the age of 18 as adults.
Trayvon was a wanna be who met another wanna be. Two idiots collide.
Zimmerman deserves whatever he gets for his part in it. Trayvon already got his reward for being bad decisions that started long before that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies