Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nothing funny, ie peculiar, about it. As you and I know it is standard procedure.
So that's the code.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
Not sure who those witnesses will be since there aren't any who can individually or collectively retell the tale since most, if not all, have either recanted or modified their initially reported statements indicating that it was too dark to see who was beating up whom, not that it matters. Of course I am sure that the defense will bring in its set of expert witnesses to testify that Zimmerman's wounds were life threatening, perhaps we will be treated to likes of Massad Ayoob who will regale the jury with lurid tales deadly encounters or more entertaining yet Mr. Zimmerman himself since he himself provided the overwhelming preponderance of the states evidence.

Either way, I'm not feeling your point, since I would be the last person on earth to prognosticate what verdict a jury will ultimately decide upon, even in cases with far more clear cut evidence of guilt or innocence. My "analysis" has been added to simply put a check the ignorance of the relevant Florida statutes.

Have a nice day.
And thank you for your analysis of the relevant Florida statutes; I found it to be very helpful.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Not sure who those witnesses will be since there aren't any who can individually or collectively retell the tale since most, if not all, have either recanted or modified their initially reported statements indicating that it was too dark to see who was beating up whom, not that it matters. Of course I am sure that the defense will bring in its set of expert witnesses to testify that Zimmerman's wounds were life threatening, perhaps we will be treated to likes of Massad Ayoob who will regale the jury with lurid tales deadly encounters or more entertaining yet Mr. Zimmerman himself since he himself provided the overwhelming preponderance of the states evidence.

Either way, I'm not feeling your point, since I would be the last person on earth to prognosticate what verdict a jury will ultimately decide upon, even in cases with far more clear cut evidence of guilt or innocence. My "analysis" has been added to simply put a check the ignorance of the relevant Florida statutes.

Have a nice day.
Except for the quote from the law, what you wrote looked to me like an 'analysis' of how some facts will fit into the legal standards. No insult intended by using the word. Pure coincidence the facts you chose were all favorable to the state, as you see it.

The defense won't need anyone to testify gz's injuries were life threatening. Nobody has to wait until their injuries are life threatening, or would you like a Dr.'s note, to use self defense.

Maybe the FDLE lab person who concluded the bullet holes in tm's clothes were consistent with a contact shot will make a good defense witness.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:44 PM

812 posts, read 595,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Really? If your son died and someone said "oh are y'all still crying about that dead, thug?" I am sure you'd have a lot worse things to say than calling them an idiot. I never called the defense stupid, what are you talking about? The only "persecution" going on here is being done by idiots who feel the need to post lies and call a dead teenager names. Watch your personal attacks, there is quite a bit I could say about your character but it would be a waste of time since my post and yours will most likely be deleted. However I will say this, you have offered nothing to this thread but a bunch of nonsense about liberals and racism - your posts sound like you've been hitting the "purple drank" before you hit the keyboard each and every time. By the way, people who usually take the moral high road do not speak of a dead teenage boy in such an ill manner, nor do they defend those who do. It takes an extremly hateful person to laugh about someone losing a child or someone dying all because they were fought back when some wierdo followed them in the dark.
Your personal bias fits you like a tongue on a single wide trailer. You want this guy buried for securing his neighborhood. There were a lot of folks that felt the way you do about freedom in WW2. They talked themselves into believing that party was more important than truth. Idealism is fine until it infringes upon people's right to defend life and property.

I told you and others over and over and over and I will say it one more time. If Z so much as laid a fatherly hand on T then the result was aZs fault and he should go to jail in my opinion forever.

We both know it is very unlikely that happened don't we. You have invested a lot of your time and foolishness in defending what is very very likely to be an untenable position. There are consequences for our action and being 17 does not necessarily let one off the hook for thos consequences. There are young arrogant head strong kids out there right now in the next ten minutes I will bet more than 1 will die because of bad choices. They have several common denominators but the biggest is absentee parents.

Z did not have to follow I bet he is sorry he did. I am interested in the security of my neighborhood but no doubt I would have stayed in my car even if armed. That is why we pay cops. Trayvon surely was smart enough to know what policemen do for a living. He too had a cell phone. Instead he sized up his opponent. He surprised his prey and as he pummeled him on the sidewalk he sad you **** your gonna die tonight.

Curious do you have children. Do you know where they are. Do you supervise them. Have you told them that if they are followed by a stranger to attack the stranger or report the stranger to the police. I hope some lessons have been learned by parents here. I hope some discussions take place with children here.

Little country towns like Sanford are not like the bad streets of Miami. When I go to a strange place I don't push buttons I don't understand. I don't do that in my own neighborhood but I sure respect other people's neighborhood and there are many I would not dare to walk into. Zimmerman was purely within his right to follow Trayvon. Trayvon was not within his right to attack Z. Why is that concept so hard. Most Pre teens could get that.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So it's your belief that Zimm pounced on Martin who was just walking along?
You think Zimm ambushed Martin and started the fight?

Of course, one could look at the evidence.
One of them had bruised hands, the other one
had a bruised face. Which was which, again?
That's a bit of a stretch, man. You took his/her words and twisted them.

If you feel that you are being stalked, I believe you have the right to self-defense. Essentially SYG.

So if Trayvon felt that someone was stalking him in a threatening way, he could either defend himself by running or fighting.

IMO the fight is extra information. What needs to be brought to the forefront is what happened before. If it is proven that Zimmerman threatened Trayvon before the altercation started, I think SYG will not be a viable excuse for Z. But the threatening is not necessarily physical or verbal, and it can only be determined by the person who feels threatened. i.e. Trayvon. Unfortunately, we cannot know how he felt before the fight happened...

Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM

812 posts, read 595,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It has something to do with it. Here on CD the stormfront members blow their dog whistles, on Stormfront they have nothing to hide. It is obvious that there is an agenda when some people that have contributed nothing to this discussion keep coming back to this thread only to bash Trayvon Martin or make jokes about his death. Even if I thought that George Zimmerman was completely innocent, I couldn't laugh about Trayvon Martin's death or call him names. They have even gone as far to talk about his parents. It is funny that the ones that keep attacking Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are bringing up race in this thread more than anyone else.
This is all in your mind counselor.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Zimmerman silently stalked Martin; Martin tried to defend himself.
tried to defend himself from what?

and why did you emphasize 'silently,' why is that such a crucial point?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:53 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
That's a bit of a stretch, man. You took his/her words and twisted them.

If you feel that you are being stalked, I believe you have the right to self-defense. Essentially SYG.

So if Trayvon felt that someone was stalking him in a threatening way, he could either defend himself by running or fighting.

IMO the fight is extra information. What needs to be brought to the forefront is what happened before. If it is proven that Zimmerman threatened Trayvon before the altercation started, I think SYG will not be a viable excuse for Z. But the threatening is not necessarily physical or verbal, and it can only be determined by the person who feels threatened. i.e. Trayvon. Unfortunately, we cannot know how he felt before the fight happened...
that's odd. so many people here are claiming that zimmerman having his head beaten against a hard surface was not sufficient cause for SYG - yet you're saying that simply 'feeling' that one is being 'stalked' is sufficient cause?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:53 PM

798 posts, read 1,033,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post

Your personal bias fits you like a tongue on a single wide trailer. You want this guy buried for securing his neighborhood. There were a lot of folks that felt the way you do about freedom in WW2. They talked themselves into believing that party was more important than truth. Idealism is fine until it infringes upon people's right to defend life and property.

I told you and others over and over and over and I will say it one more time. If Z so much as laid a fatherly hand on T then the result was aZs fault and he should go to jail in my opinion forever.

We both know it is very unlikely that happened don't we. You have invested a lot of your time and foolishness in defending what is very very likely to be an untenable position. There are consequences for our action and being 17 does not necessarily let one off the hook for thos consequences. There are young arrogant head strong kids out there right now in the next ten minutes I will bet more than 1 will die because of bad choices. They have several common denominators but the biggest is absentee parents.

Z did not have to follow I bet he is sorry he did. I am interested in the security of my neighborhood but no doubt I would have stayed in my car even if armed. That is why we pay cops. Trayvon surely was smart enough to know what policemen do for a living. He too had a cell phone. Instead he sized up his opponent. He surprised his prey and as he pummeled him on the sidewalk he sad you **** your gonna die tonight.

Curious do you have children. Do you know where they are. Do you supervise them. Have you told them that if they are followed by a stranger to attack the stranger or report the stranger to the police. I hope some lessons have been learned by parents here. I hope some discussions take place with children here.

Little country towns like Sanford are not like the bad streets of Miami. When I go to a strange place I don't push buttons I don't understand. I don't do that in my own neighborhood but I sure respect other people's neighborhood and there are many I would not dare to walk into. Zimmerman was purely within his right to follow Trayvon. Trayvon was not within his right to attack Z. Why is that concept so hard. Most Pre teens could get that.
One thing I want to address. I'm not really concerned with the rest of the post. It seems you might be misinformed concerning the city of Sanford.

Sanford is not a country town. I go to school 30 minutes away from Sanford, and I know several kids from the area. It is a suburb of Orlando, and having been there, I can say it definitely doesn't have a country feel.

I don't know what you define as country, but Sanford has a shopping mall, freeways, large neighborhoods, multi lane avenues, and an medium-sized international airport...things that I did not find when in country towns in TX and LA. It also is only 20-30 min away from downtown Orlando, with urban buildup consistent in between.

As far as where the incident happened, I don't know the details but my friends live in a pretty upscale neighborhood with two-story homes and swimming pools in every backyard. Driving through the place, it seemed to be an upscale suburb of Orlando.

So if I was going to argue how it was different than Miami, I would not use "country." I would use "upscale." That's all.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post

There are consequences for our action...
I couldn't have said it better myself. Using deadly force against a unarmed individual lawfully walking home as a result of gross mischaracterization, with open and unwarranted hostility, and provocation of unneeded conflict must have its consequences.

All the BS boiler plate about "protecting one's community and the right of self-defense" is just that, bs boilerplate inserted from obfuscating the most basic and fundamental facts of this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies