Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 05:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,706,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Irrelevant! No wonder Trayvon did not know the parameters of acceptable behavior. This kid never had a chance because his mentors told him to attack a man for perceived injustice was the norm. How can you act responsibly when your influences tell you that knocking someone to the ground and pounding their head into the cement is "irrelevant". This is the definition of civility within his socialization it is an acceptable way to solve problems. Imagine a situation wherein your heroes truly are thugs. Where it is acceptable to take what you need when you need it to support you gangsta lifestyle, buy your gangsta music and be a cool gangsta buy and sell your drugs. Hey cat daddy the whole world doesn't operate that way. There truly are civil people in civil neighborhoods that intend on protecting that civility. Irrelevant!

I can't do this anymore I'm outa here. Even if you are in a sanitarium blindfolded eventually you need to find the door and run like hell. Goodbye! Adios! I'll check in after the trial. Come on in jump on me pound my head into the ruthless concrete of myopic pore pore me rationalization. Be the victim, you don't have to be responsible that's for them upscale neighborhoods where people hold down jobs. Hell them people never heard of a mailbox food stamps and a crow bar. Pass the tweed and pour me some purple drank. By the way it's drink. Pour me some purple drink.
It definitely is difficult to see how just plain off some people can be.

Think of the fun we'll have when the NOT GUILTY verdict comes down.

I've often said I don't hang around with stupid people in real life. Hold the door for me. I'm right behind you.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:04 PM

190 posts, read 302,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I swear the fracking world has been turned upside down.

I see acceptable behavior is to be a gun toting vigilante with a chip on your shoulder and anger management issues to chase a kid, NOT follow CHASE a kid through his neighborhood, but it is unacceptable behavior for a kid clearly frightened of the person CHASING after him to "stand his ground" after failing to determine if the person chasing them was doing so with benign intent. .

Stand your ground implicate defense not attack. Tm attacked.
TM was followed and scared so he attacked gz. All he had to do was to go home. Also where is the respect for elders? For a "child" as some portray it here tm didn't have much respect for older people.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:54 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,675,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
tried to defend himself from what?

and why did you emphasize 'silently,' why is that such a crucial point?
Because zimmerman could have said (or yelled out, if he was not close to martin) that he was a NW person and just wanted to confirm that Martin did live in the complex or was visiting someone there.

He did no such thing.

He was 'silent'.

Zimmerman could have been a cop..but a police officer identifies him/her self as such; giving someone the chance to stop or run. Zimmerman did not identify himself as anything at all. To Trayvon, he could have been a pervert.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Because zimmerman could have said (or yelled out, if he was not close to martin) that he was a NW person and just wanted to confirm that Martin did live in the complex or was visiting someone there.

He did no such thing.

He was 'silent'.

Zimmerman could have been a cop..but a police officer identifies him/her self as such; giving someone the chance to stop or run. Zimmerman did not identify himself as anything at all. To Trayvon, he could have been a pervert.
That doesn't negate the fact that the stupid kid could and should have just gone on home.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
read the whole thread; plenty of them are saying just that.

i suppose she has the right to feel threatened; she does not have the right to launch a pre-emptive attack simply on the basis of 'feelings.'

what you seem to be saying is that i can attack and beat up anyone who approaches me at night as i long as i claim to 'feel' threatened.
Exactly! You've got it now!

Zimmerman did not have the right to stalk Martin and kill him just because he 'felt' threatened!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That doesn't negate the fact that the stupid kid could and should have just gone on home.
Why do you think he wasn't going home?
Because your Lord George told the cops that?
Your Lord George is a certified liar.

Why would Martin say "why are you following me" to (genuflect when you read the name) George if Lord George wasn't following him?

Old 07-02-2012, 06:28 PM

9,146 posts, read 5,824,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why do you think he wasn't going home?
Because your Lord George told the cops that?
Your Lord George is a certified liar.

Why would Martin say "why are you following me" to (genuflect when you read the name) George if Lord George wasn't following him?

"Lord George?"
Where do you people get the stupid idea that one must idolize
Zimm if they happen to think he's not guilty of murder two?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
Saint Martin should have just gone home.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,279,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Irrelevant! No wonder Trayvon did not know the parameters of acceptable behavior. This kid never had a chance because his mentors told him to attack a man for perceived injustice was the norm. How can you act responsibly when your influences tell you that knocking someone to the ground and pounding their head into the cement is "irrelevant". This is the definition of civility within his socialization it is an acceptable way to solve problems. Imagine a situation wherein your heroes truly are thugs. Where it is acceptable to take what you need when you need it to support you gangsta lifestyle, buy your gangsta music and be a cool gangsta buy and sell your drugs. Hey cat daddy the whole world doesn't operate that way. There truly are civil people in civil neighborhoods that intend on protecting that civility. Irrelevant!

I can't do this anymore I'm outa here. Even if you are in a sanitarium blindfolded eventually you need to find the door and run like hell. Goodbye! Adios! I'll check in after the trial. Come on in jump on me pound my head into the ruthless concrete of myopic pore pore me rationalization. Be the victim, you don't have to be responsible that's for them upscale neighborhoods where people hold down jobs. Hell them people never heard of a mailbox food stamps and a crow bar. Pass the tweed and pour me some purple drank. By the way it's drink. Pour me some purple drink.
Weird.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,401,706 times
Let the story develop. Sometime, there will be a trial. Until that time, those that really Need to feel right and dictate others positions, they will get lonely, and seek out other threads to bash people on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies