Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 05:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What I've been saying over and over and over again, is that we don't know all the evidence the state has at this point. BUT the State "believes" Zimmerman is lying about self defense; otherwise, no charges would have been filed. That's the way it works.
That is the way it is supposed to work.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I agree with Geraldo at the end of the interview when he said Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter at least, he should have stayed in his car, he persued Martin.

Of course that part is missing from the video you posted....
BUT what right give it to Trevon to kick the heck out of Zimmerman even if he came out of his car...NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER!

To me having skittles and an ice tea doesn't make him unarmed. UFC fighters have even less and see how much damage they are doing being unarmed!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,310 times
Quote:
From Edward A:

The problem with even this is that as long as Zimmerman had the right to be there he can't be convicted of even that or should I say he shouldn't be convicted. Basically once Trayvon put his hands on Zimmerman all bets were off. Just because Zimmerman put the events in motion doesn't mean Trayvon can beat him to death without having the opportunity to defend himself.
Lawyer: Trayvon Martin's mom disturbed by 7-Eleven video moments before death
I agree, but if Z escalated the situation, then I don't see much of a self defense claim either. (I am not taking sides)

Old 05-20-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Exactly.

And now a key witness is changing his story....

U.S. News - Key witness in Trayvon Martin shooting changed story
The witness states now, he/she is not sure who was screaming for help. If this witness didn't know Z then they would not know his voice very well. I would think someone who knew Z would find it easier to recognize his voice. Also, I can't see TM screaming for help being he was on top pummeling Z, why would he be screaming?

Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If you read the post I was responding to then you should be able to see the bias from the context. Why Zimmerman killed Trayvon is what is in dispute. To say that "he called 911, he also killed Trayvon" is an indictment. It is clear that the poster was insinuating that Zimmerman was unjustified in killing Martin. I don't know whether he was justified or not and at this point, I don't care. The jury will determine that. I am concerned about the media skewing the public's opinion in one direction by posting the picture of a 12 year old boy.
Do you seriously believe that the media were offered a variety of Trayvon Martin photos, from birth to current, and deliberately picked the 12 year old boy photo to publish/broadcast?? That's not the way it works. In the mad frenzy to be the first to publish a photo - any photo - a newspaper or TV station publishes/broadcasts the first photo of the victim/perpetrator that they can get their hands on. Then all the other media outlets pick up on that photo and it gets re-published/broadcasted ad nauseum.

Anyone with at least two functioning neurons could tell that the first photo published was not one of a 17 year old.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The witness states now, he/she is not sure who was screaming for help. If this witness didn't know Z then they would not know his voice very well. I would think someone who knew Z would find it easier to recognize his voice. Also, I can't see TM screaming for help being he was on top pummeling Z, why would he be screaming?
And there is the problem. It has been revealed that there is a witness now who says she saw it from her bedroom window nearby and it was Trayvon who was screaming for help.

The witness whose account was changed to say he did not know who was screaming for help, initially said, or it was initially reported that he said he went outside and saw the two fighting and he said something to them, then went inside to call 911. Eye witnesses often have confused memories of what they "saw."

Old 05-20-2012, 07:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
And there is the problem. It has been revealed that there is a witness now who says she saw it from her bedroom window nearby and it was Trayvon who was screaming for help.

The witness whose account was changed to say he did not know who was screaming for help, initially said, or it was initially reported that he said he went outside and saw the two fighting and he said something to them, then went inside to call 911. Eye witnesses often have confused memories of what they "saw."
Is this the one who saw "shadows" run by her windows?

Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Is this the one who saw "shadows" run by her windows?
No.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:

True and this is why it is important to take witness statements as soon as possible after the incident, memories fade with time and sometimes witnesses start to 2nd guess what they saw. I wonder if it is possible to eliminate a witness as not credible, if they change their story too many times?

Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
True and this is why it is important to take witness statements as soon as possible after the incident, memories fade with time and sometimes witnesses start to 2nd guess what they saw. I wonder if it is possible to eliminate a witness as not credible, if they change their story too many times?
Sure. The attorneys decide who they call to the witness stand. Not every person interviewed has to be called as a witness in the trial or hearing. That's part of the strategy of a case; attorneys decide who they want to call as witnesses to testify and why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies