Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM

96 posts, read 81,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
No it certainly does not "exonerate", it merely corroborates his story.

That is speculation and with racial motivation. Note that he did not mention color in his call until the dispatcher asked for such information.

What he thought is irrelevant other than what he claimed. You can not know anything other than what he stated his reasons as.

As Nightwatchman, his responsibility is evident, his motivations sound. His defense with a gun is the question of debate, though the fact that you use emotional inflictions excludes you from rational consideration from the argument. Please excuse yourself as your opinion is no longer rational or relevant.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
The state said today that they had no evidence that GZ was the aggressor. That is a huge problem for the prosecution.
No, they said they had no evidence of who started the fight.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:53 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Ok...

If it is a government issue concerning a bill, I get it from the bill itself.

If it is an incident concerning a crime or such, I get it from the police report or public statements from the official agencies.

If I have to get it from the news, I cross reference multiple sources and then evaluate them. If it is an issue where a conclusion is not my responsibility, well... I leave it until an official source can substantiate it.

As I mentioned with the King case, my information was from the courts, the police reports, and the full video of the incident.

What are you trying to understand? Do I make a decision on what I may hear from the news? NO. HELL NO. I first consider them to be lying and if it is important enough for me to find the actual facts, I wait for them from the appropriate sources.

Good enough?

The news is sensationalist, lies, and garbage. Period.
Wow.

You must have a lot of time on your hands.

219 posts, read 922,290 times
Quote:
Let me swing a sword at your throat first, then you can quibble over the details of intent? Sound good?

(ie your point is absurd)
No sir, YOU sound absurd. You are actually suggesting that the fact this bald man had a few minor (for the points noted earlier) scrapes on the back of his head that he had the right to shoot and unarmed child?

Quote:
A scuffle? Oh you mean a physical altercation that resulted in physical injuries to Zimmermans head? *chuckle* Rather dumb of your response don't you think?
SCRAPES... f***king SCRAPES call for lethal force against an unarmed individual? You sound like a typical trigger happy punk, who can't take an ass whooping.

Let Pop's educate you on being a MAN:

You win some, you lose some... But you live to fight another day! - YouTube

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I would say it's mind boggling but it's really not. Racism is still alive and well.
What's mind boggling is how people like you throw out the race card. Racial tensions would completely disappear if people like you didn't call others a racist every time they have a differing opinion than yours.

The continual "That's Racist" spew is completely racist and shows racism in the people doing the spewing. The next time you want to babble about racism, look in the mirror.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Testimony at the bail hearing suggests that Zimmerman was chasing Martin:

"Prosecutors have also located a witness near the site of the shooting who described seeing the shadows of two men pass by her home, one chasing the other, immediately before Martin was killed. The pursuit, in the direction of Martin's home, indicates that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation, Gilbreath said, under questioning from Rionda."

Trayvon Martin Case: Judge Grants George Zimmerman Bail

Interesting, and something I hadn't seen before. It is interesting that this doesn't match the 911 call, where we hear Zimmerman talking in a normal voice for quite some time after he stopped chasing Martin, at the suggestion of the police dispatcher. And at any time during that call, Martin could have simpily walked into his house.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
FOR SourD: who stated "state law trumps HOAs". Facts:

The Stand Your Ground law could still get the shooter off the hook, as well as protect him from liability in a wrongful death suit. However, no matter what happens to Zimmerman, the homeowners association could still have to answer, financially speaking, for Martin’s death.
“While a criminal conviction of George Zimmerman may certainly help the plaintiffs in a civil suit against the HOA, the viability of such a suit is not dependent on a criminal conviction,” says Lisa Wilcox, an attorney based in St. Petersburg, Florida. “Even if George Zimmerman is found to be completely shielded from liability, the HOA may still be liable based on its failure to properly train and/or supervise George Zimmerman or some other theory of tort liability.”

Homeowners Association Could Be Liable in Trayvon Martin's Death | Lawyers.com Blog

Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, they said they had no evidence of who started the fight.
Maybe there is evidence Zimmerman was chasing Martin:

//www.city-data.com/forum/23953281-post476.html

Old 04-20-2012, 04:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Interesting, and something I hadn't seen before. It is interesting that this doesn't match the 911 call, where we hear Zimmerman talking in a normal voice for quite some time after he stopped chasing Martin, at the suggestion of the police dispatcher. And at any time during that call, Martin could have simpily walked into his house.
That's what the testimony was, two men, one chasing the other in the direction of Martin's home.

Bail hearing TODAY.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:04 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The tanning salon comment was a joke. Sorry you have no sense of humor, or of the absurd.

I, too, have skin that tans very easily. It doesn't take much time in the sun for my skin to darken considerably. I'm just sayin', his face looks a lot darker in the pictures from today, in his suit, than the pix from when he was taken into custody. Maybe he used a little bronzing gel! Do I have to say that's a joke? (Or maybe not).
The reason he may look lighter in his mugshot could be the lighting in the room...I don't see a reason why you would joke about this or make a comment about his skin color implying that he darkened it on purpose...just like he lost near 75lbs while he was is hiding...

When someone is in protective custody this means 23 hours in the cell, with 1 hour out a day to shower, make phone calls, or sit in an inside TV room (of course without other jail inmates present) or meet with his attorney in a room (indoors).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies