Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
No you don't. If someone was following me, I'd call the police and have them arrested. Ask any police officer that question and see what they say.
Exactly. Stalking is against the law. The fact that many of these fanatics think it's ok to profile and stalk a complete stranger walking down the street because they think you have no right to be in "their" neighborhood is insane.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:26 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Zimmerman is of mixed background: Caucasian, Black and Hispanic. It's a trial to determine if he illegally took the life of another person, not a "political lynching." I doubt that the GOP Governor and Corey (another member of the GOP) are corrupt, as you're suggesting.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:26 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Dershowitz is obviously getting a little free PR by being on these TV shows.

There is absolutely no doubt that Dershowitz KNOWS that the State is NOT going to reveal any more evidence than they absolutely have to in a charging document; they will present just enough info to meet the standard! He knows that.

Talk about fueling the fire, it's Dershowitz busily taking care of that and playing to Fox viewers.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 AM

[quote=whogo;24078593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

No where in any link do I see where a concerned neighbor is prevented from confronting a suspicious individual. Please, show it to me. The fact is the right to a citizens arrest remains. Tailing a suspiciuos individual is a lesser degree of confrontation than a citizens arrest. I was at a grocery store today, a lady stopped me and asked if I knew where the avocados were, I did not viciously assault her and start banging her head on the floor.
What was suspicious about Trayvon Martin?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Exactly. Stalking is against the law. The fact that many of these fanatics think it's ok to profile and stalk a complete stranger walking down the street because they think you have no right to be in "their" neighborhood is insane.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:

No where in any link do I see where a concerned neighbor is prevented from confronting a suspicious individual. Please, show it to me. The fact is the right to a citizens arrest remains. Tailing a suspiciuos individual is a lesser degree of confrontation than a citizens arrest. I was at a grocery store today, a lady stopped me and asked if I knew where the avocados were, I did not viciously assault her and start banging her head on the floor.
A "concerned neighbor" with a LOADED GUN.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM

[quote=Wayland Woman;24078662]
Quote:

That's a ridiculous comparison. Zimmerman, if he say anything to Martin, it would have been something like: "Stay where you're at! The police are coming" or "What are you doing wandering around here at night?" Confrontation is different than asking the whereabouts of avocados and if you can't see that then I'd sure hate to see you serve as a jurist!
Now that Zimmerman has lied, such silliness is all that Zimmerman apologists have left to work with.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
A "concerned neighbor" with a LOADED GUN.
Kind of helps to have when confronting suspected criminals.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Zimmerman is of mixed background: Caucasian, Black and Hispanic. It's a trial to determine if he illegally took the life of another person, not a "political lynching." I doubt that the GOP Governor and Corey (another member of the GOP) are corrupt, as you're suggesting.
Of course its political. The media and its progressive clients wanted to make this an issue that would benefit their agenda. Without checking the facts (just like they didn't do in the Tucson shootings) they jumped in and tried to paint this as a racist white man kills black child thing. Of course we know now that Zimmerman is an Hispanic Democrat.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
No you don't. If someone was following me, I'd call the police and have them arrested. Ask any police officer that question and see what they say.
The answer would be no...Unless the follower was doing something illegal (i.e. physically assaulting you) a police officer would not be able to arrest that person, maybe question him|her and tell the person to back off... also keep in mind a call about someone following you probably would not bring about a quick response...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies