Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Innocent till proven guilty, this is America.
That only applies to white, christian males.

Driving while Black. = Probable cause
Walking in a white neighborhood while black = Probable cause
Woman wearing short dresses and raped = reasonable suspicion of provocation.
Muslum community wants to create a place to worship = Probable cause of terrorist activities.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
This case is going to be a big waste of money, because Zimmerman will beat this flimsy case. Then the blacks will riot and break/burn a bunch of stuff.
How do you know what the blacks will do? Are you black and been involved in meetings to determine future actions? To my way of thinking, if Zimmerman is found not guilty it's just as likely that there could be open season declared on blacks by whites with guns.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:44 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
[snip]The bottom line is that everyone in this thread is speculating. Some of us feel that Trayvon Martin deserves justice in the form of an investigation (which has happened) and a trial, others feel that GZ's account is enough and that there should have been no further investigation or trial None of us know what the outcome will be. None of us have access to all of the facts or the evidence. GZ's fate will be decide in a court of law and people who keep saying he will beat it or that the prosecutor has no case really don't know what they're talking about.
The investigation never stopped. Some felt that gz should have been arrested the night of the killing, before the investigation into whether he commited a crime was finished.

People who say he'll walk or the state has a weak case obviously are expressing an opinion or hope. My opinion is he won't walk. I don't hope either way.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm a ******* and proud of it. I have more guns than you can imagine. I'm always armed, have concealed carry license and own registered machine guns. I'm active in local second amendment organizations in my community. I sit side by side at meetings with right wingers and we share the same second amendment agenda. So your projection that only the right own guns is totally false. You're in for an unpleasant surprise when and if you ever decide to go "******* hunting". At least in my neck of the woods.
I think you got the wrong impression that but I'll chalk it up to a poorly communicated post.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The investigation never stopped. Some felt that gz should have been arrested the night of the killing, before the investigation into whether he commited a crime was finished.

People who say he'll walk or the state has a weak case obviously are expressing an opinion or hope. My opinion is he won't walk. I don't hope either way.
Yes, the original investigating officer wanted to arrest Zimmerman the night of the killing but was over-ruled. He felt that Zimmerman told different accounts of what happened. Perhaps many of us are parents and can understand telling your children not to allow strangers to detain them. Most of us outside of FL had no clue about this incident until ovcatto began the first thread, which was well before Zimmerman was arrested. It seems natural to wonder why a teen was shot and killed while walking home from the convenience store. The arrest of Zimmerman wasn't accompanied by so much "fry the guy" as "Good; now we'll find out what happened." Were many of us skeptical of his story? Yes. And, as he committed perjury at the bond hearing, perhaps that initial officer and we as well were correct to be suspicious of George Zimmerman. I have been amazed at the attempt to disparage a dead teen, most of it merely
innuendo or blatantly fake materials. OTOH, information that has come out about Zimmerman has consisted mainly of official documents and what has been released, like the M.E.'s report. This hasn't been a case of the public crying for Zimmerman's blood as it has been a case of Zimmerman cutting his own throat by his words and actions, beginning on the night of the shooting.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
If that is the case, so will George Zimmerman's. So far, the only drug that it can be proven that TM took at some point was marijuana. George Zimmerman was on prescription drugs, was arrested for assaulting a police officer and lied in a court room. There are rumours about him too, if we are going to speak on character based on rumours. If GZ's character has nothing to do with this - if his lies, the drugs he was taking and his past history have nothing to do with this, neither do Trayvon's.

I am a Trayvon Martin Supporter because I don't think he deserved to die on his way back from the convenience store, talking on the phone, unarmed and minding his own business. I think that it is scarey and threatening to have a man follow you in a vehicle and then on foot and I believe that if GZ would have went on his way and not exited his vehicle, TM would still be alive. In my opinion, TM's death is GZ's fault, not the other way around.
Of course none of our opinions really matter. It will all play out in court and GZ's fate will be decided there.
Damn! I keep trying to rep you but can't.

Another right on post. Thank you.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No one said that, quit planting a bunch of lies here.
It's been posted in these threads. Do a search.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Mel Ignatow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A reminder of what can happen when a rush to arrest and try occurs.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Yes they did say it. I am not planting lies it is in one of the TM threads...you can search for it if you want to but I don't have to lie. If you hae a problem with liars, take it up with George Zimmerman or his supporters here who have posted pictures and videos of other kids that they claim to be the Trayvon Martin that was killed. You can quit with your holier than thou BS, especially when you have no issue with people lying and trying to demonize a dead seventeen year old.
No, I never said it and did not read it anywhere on this thread, of course it is possible I missed it, but then it is up to you to prove it. Anyway, I suppose we could say, if Z had no gun, TM would not be dead, OTOH, if he had not had a gun, he may be dead since TM was big enough to inflict great bodily harm or kill Z. He was not the angelic teen 13 yr old shown in the pictures when this first happened. He was a big strong young man.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:20 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And exactly HOW will this gossip be "planted in the jury's head long before trial"?

Not everyone spends a lot of time on the internet reading that kind of stuff. Plus, there is the jury selection process to get through, which attempts to determine whether or not a juror is already biased in the case. BOTH sides question the jurors, as well as the judge sometimes. Occasionally a biased juror may through, but there's no way there would be an entire jury panel that would have a negative opinion of TM or even know about this outrageous gossip. Plus, during jury deliberations the jury is not allowed to discuss ANYTHING that did not come from the evidence presented in the courtroom during the trial.
You would have to go to the moon to find someone who has not read or heard something on the news. Hopefully they can judge this case fairly. If Z is found not guilty, then you can blame the prosecutor for over charging Z. Manslaughter may have stuck, but 2nd degree, I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies