Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 08:39 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Let's see...neighbor takes pics, cops don't. EMT doesn't think injuries are severe enough to call ambulance, but head is bleeding profusely. Was there blood on the sidewalk? Is it in the police report? Just before bond hearing one neighbor claims she saw Zimmerman with bandages and another claims he took photos on his iPhone just minutes after he heard the shooting.

Why didn't they come forward and make a statement after the shooting? I'm not talking about after idiots began making threats, since someone can say they were afraid. But don't you always talk to the police right after you witness an injury this severe? Did they show the photos to the police? After the police video was all over the news and reporters were saying he was lying about his injuries, why didn't this good neighbor dispute their accusations? Why now? Why wasn't there blood on his clothing? It just dripped down his head and then stopped so he wouldn't have to change?
I'd like to know when those pictures were taken and by whom?

Were they taken before he went to the police station? We've seen video of him getting out of that car with no apparent discomfort and he looked to be clean. Whatever wounds he had weren't easily apparent and really could only be seen by magnification.

And when did he see a doctor who diagnosed the broken nose?

Also, at the hearing yesterday, why did Zimmerman say he didn't know how old Trayvon was, that he thought he was just a little younger than himself, when on the 9-1-1 call, he clearly said Trayvon was a teenager? Not that the age thing really matters when you have an armed man following and confronting an unarmed man, but in my opinion, he was just caught in a lie with that one.

Also, how phony baloney was that apology? He had almost two months to apologize and I don't buy that being told not to by counsel thing at all. I'm not aware of him having a lawyer in those first days after the killing, and besides, he was doing plenty of other stuff that I would think "counsel" wouldn't like, such as the web site and his contacting Sean Hannity.

I just got up and am trying to play catch up on this thread, so my apologies if these are questions that have already been asked and answered.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
And you fell for that...hmm...interesting...doesn't she have 2 shows on TV...

Disgusting...
NO!! What's disgusting is this 'killer' is getting a pass. What's disgusting is your ilk defend these thugs, >>> Victimizers, but ignore the victim...and his/her Rights.

THAT'S DISGUSTING

Old 04-21-2012, 08:44 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
I had one problem with GZs testimony yesterday. GZ stated, "I did not know how old he was. I thought he was a little bit younger than I am", well this is not true, in the 911 call he is heard saying to the dispatcher that TM was in his late teens and made reference to him a a kid.

I saw Dan Abrams speak of that on CNN. IMHO the prosecution has much more evidence than has been either presented or leaked. Zimmerman damaged his credibility with that insincere and "too little too late" apology. The head wound that "almost needed stitches" looks like a long scrape, as though Zimmerman slipped on the wet grass and hit the edge of the sidewalk...there were certainly no gaping wounds that would indicate repeated pounding on concrete. We'll have to wait for the trial to see and hear all of the evidence, but I don't think that Zimmerman helped himself by taking the stand yesterday.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:52 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
[snip]
They don't look deep enough to produce profuse bleeding. I am an RN and have cleaned up my fair share of head wounds. Some don't profusely bleed. I am more interested in hearing proof his nose was broken. His head injuries could have happened when he lost his balance in the confrontation falling back onto the street , possibly no head banging from Trayvon. This was a tragedy..no doubt.
Let's say gz'z nose wasn't broken. Do you accept as true the cop's report that gz was bleeding from the nose and back of head. Of course, he might have punched himself in the nose or banged his nose with his gun. More likely he was hit in the nose.

Someone doesn't have to be a gz 'supporter' or think of tm as a 'thug' to acknowledge the Public facts as of now support gz's version of events.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:57 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I don't think that Zimmerman helped himself by taking the stand yesterday.
I'll bet the sole reason he took the stand was to issue that non-apology, probably on the advice of his attorney, who himself had offered condolences to Trayvon's family on the day that he had taken the case.

In fact, it even sounded "scripted."

I think, however, that George may have done some ad libbing and gone "off script" with that comment about Trayvon's age and what that did was prove that he is quite capable of lying.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

I think, however, that George may have done some ad libbing and gone "off script" with that comment about Trayvon's age and what that did was prove that he is quite capable of lying.
Really? Who'd a thunk it?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:03 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Zimmerman knows that he made a horrific mistake..and the mother of Martin also knows that her son was a victim of horrific bad judgement...It is the rest of us who have no real investment in this matter who want to drag it out..and who lust for more blood.

If Martin was the shooter and Zimmerman the victim..I wonder how that would play out? Would Zimmerman's father be as full of grace as Martin's mother?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'll bet the sole reason he took the stand was to issue that non-apology, probably on the advice of his attorney, who himself had offered condolences to Trayvon's family on the day that he had taken the case.

In fact, it even sounded "scripted."

Zimmerman certainly spoke as if he'd memorized his remarks, until the statement in question. His father has been pulling strings and orchestrating events from day one, IMO. It was a mistake for him to take the stand. Interesting that the father and wife were allowed to testify via the phone...most people don't get that kind of special treatment.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Zimmerman certainly spoke as if he'd memorized his remarks, until the statement in question. His father has been pulling strings and orchestrating events from day one, IMO. It was a mistake for him to take the stand. Interesting that the father and wife were allowed to testify via the phone...most people don't get that kind of special treatment.
As you said earlier, this creep was a wanna-be cop. It's clear from past details...and his actions that night, Zimmerman wanted respect as an Authority figure. He was obsessed....and wanted a black notch on his gun handle.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Zimmerman knows that he made a horrific mistake..and the mother of Martin also knows that her son was a victim of horrific bad judgement...It is the rest of us who have no real investment in this matter who want to drag it out..and who lust for more blood.

If Martin was the shooter and Zimmerman the victim..I wonder how that would play out? Would Zimmerman's father be as full of grace as Martin's mother?
Oleg, I think that most of us just want to see a fair trial and some sort of
punishment for Zimmerman...but not blood. When it's reached the point in this country that it's acceptable...even encouraged...to kill someone when
you yourself provoked the circumstances leading to the death, then we just may be beyond redemption. Look at the thread about the teenaged girl who was shot during a burglary...there's no compassion at all. When material goods are more important than human life, it makes a mockery of the assertion that this is a "Christian country." Who would Jesus shoot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies