Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Huh? Show you where you said what? I didn't say what you said. I merely said you are a FAIL.

x 2.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but more perplexing than that, neither do you.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Actually, there has been something new; Zimmerman's statements have been released, and those are very interesting.

Also, Zimmerman's wife has been charged with perjury. Do you happen to know whether or not she has been arrested? I don't. But I've been wondering if that's just a piece of information out there which I missed.
Ask and it will be given to you....

[url=http://www.wflx.com/story/18769727/george-zimmermans-wife-arrested-for-perjury]George Zimmerman's wife arrested for perjury - Fox29 WFLX TV, West Palm Beach, Florida-[/url]

She was arrested and released on $1,000 bond.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, but more perplexing than that, neither do you.
This woman (I guess) is pretty typical of the mentality you routinely encounter here in Oklahoma. There is about a .001% chance that they will ever need a gun here in the mean streets of Oklahoma but by gawd they'll have one on them just in case.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Don't you know that only City-Data posters have all the answers? The defense attorneys, the prosecutors, the judge... none of them really understand the law. I'm surprised you don't understand this!

Yes, that Anthony jury and that Simpson jury sure knew more than us common observers. I think not.

You do not try a man unless you have reasonable expectation of getting a guilty verdict. Reasonable doubt is akll over this case. Corey simply gave in to political pressure.

I get I should add smileys as a way to insult those I disagree with. I shall be a bigger person and refrain from the practice.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Sorry....but your wrong. It is ok for a civilian to follow someone. You are not breaking the law if you follow someone down the street in your neighborhood or anywhere else. There is no law against it. And please dont use the "stalking" law because it does not apply. Stalking implies the REPEATED following of an individual. I can confront you in my neighborhood....I can ask you questions...its NOT illegal to do so. You can answer, refuse to answer, walk away or anything else but start a physical altercation. The big question is who started the physical altercation. If it was Zimmerman...then he is guilty. If it was Martin then SYG will apply.
Bottom line: The court and jury will decide based on the evidence. It wont be decided on this forum by those who think they know all the evidence.
Technically, since Mr Zimmerman didn't even know where he was in "His so called neighborhood"....I have to question what you've written. You say it is ok to follow someone "in your neighborhood"...Actually Trayvon was in his neighborhood, he was staying there, right down the street from where Mr. Zimmerman took his life...after following him....I don't think this is the example you mean it to be. I don't care where you live or where you are from, when an armed man follows you, especially into a dark, isolated area....You are at risk. I know we will never know the truth. But there are many reasons a young man might respond when they feel threatened. I still say Trayvon was the one having to stand his ground....only he was not carrying a weapon...Premeditated imo...for Mr. Zimmerman to be carrying a loaded gun into an area so unfamiliar to him he was lost. No excuse any of you offer can rationalize Mr. Zimmerman's actions.....He was wrong, he caused this whole situation, a 17 year old kid died because of his actions.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This woman (I guess) is pretty typical of the mentality you routinely encounter here in Oklahoma. There is about a .001% chance that they will ever need a gun here in the mean streets of Oklahoma but by gawd they'll have one on them just in case.
Quite a fashion accessory.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:16 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Quite a fashion accessory.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
People who carry go out of their way to avoid being forced to deploy their
weapon. They don't go waving guns around looking to shoot somebody.
Before Zimm, how many permit holders have been charged with gun crimes?
Precious few, if you can find any.
Maybe normal people. GZ was not what you'd call "normal". He was a wannabe cop with a lot of anger. People who don't carry guns do not shoot other people.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Read your link. I don't see how it illustrates your point as regards to mine.
Yeah, to somebody accustomed to carrying, it's like wearing a watch.
Carrying a weapon should never get so comfortable that you become complacent. I suppose you buy George's story that forgot he even had his weapon on him???

Old 06-22-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
People who carry go out of their way to avoid being forced to deploy their
weapon. They don't go waving guns around looking to shoot somebody.
Before Zimm, how many permit holders have been charged with gun crimes?
Precious few, if you can find any.
Nowhere in my post did I insinuate that the people that carry guns are more apt to use them to kill or harm. I specifically referred to them as tools of ego enhancement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies