Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 03:54 PM

179 posts, read 156,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
GS said he was sorry for the loss of their son, he shouldn't be sorry for killing anyone because it saved his own life. The age/numbers game is laughable at beat, that's the longest reaching I've seen so far in this case. Lets get real here, you have nothing and it shows.
Said it better than I could.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury....it is clear that Zimmerman is guilty. When he was on the phone with the non-emergency police dispatcher, he said he thought the suspect was in his late teens. Later in court he claims he thought Trayvon was a few years younger than him. Clearly, these are the words of a guilty man!"

The prosecution looked completely weak. I cannot believe they actually admitted they have nothing to contradict Zimmerman's story of the confrontation. They basically just admitted to perjury in the affidavit, since they claimed Zimmerman confronted Trayvon. I'd be VERY nervous if I were them right now.

And ditto on the apology. It's possible to be sorry for someone's loss without thinking what you did was wrong. He did not do anything wrong, and it would be disingenuous to apologize for it. Some people just want to suffer for daring to defend himself.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:00 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,518,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, you are right. There are many people who make up their own "facts." A few times on CD I've posted erroneous information and apologized. In fact, I stopped relying on some news sources and became very disappointed in a couple of my favorite political commentators.

Many people here keep saying Zimmerman had no idea he was assaulting a law enforcement officer, the prosecutor read from the police report.

Zimmerman refused a law enforcement officer's orders to back off, saying, "I don't care who you are" after the officer identified himself.

The prosecutor also read a statement from the domestic abuse charge filed by his ex-fiancee

Zimmerman smacked her in the mouth and "asked her how it felt," as well as grabbed her and threw her on a bed.

As I've written before, some people are assuming too much. Bail has nothing to do with his innocent or guilt. If someone is not a flight risk or a threat to his community, he'll usually get bail. The judge never made a single comment about his past charges.
You've mentioned posting a link to the police report. If it's not asking too much, do you have it handy or be able to find it in your old post ?

Wasn't the cop in plain clothes and gz touched him Before knowing he was a cop ?

The dv order. I read that the woman hit gz 1st. He responded. Not to go off-topic, a fair number of dv cases begin with the womwn hitting the man [no link].

The word 'injunction' Was in reference to the dv case.

Last edited by jazzarama; 04-22-2012 at 04:11 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,518,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Actually, Edward, the one shown so far to be making statements inconsistent with his other statements and the physical evidence at the scene is Zimmerman himself.
gz gave 5 statements. I guess there will be inconsistencies. If every statement matched perfectly, to convict who they want to convict, the cops would say 5 statements that did match show a scripted version of events without normal changes in memory, wording, answers to q's phrased slightly differently, etc.

I can slightly understand gz giving a statement that night. After that, it's too bad his retired magistrate dad didn't teach him--- shut up and get a lawyer.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
GS said he was sorry for the loss of their son, he shouldn't be sorry for killing anyone because it saved his own life. The age/numbers game is laughable at beat, that's the longest reaching I've seen so far in this case. Lets get real here, you have nothing and it shows.
EXACTLY!!!!!

What I find amusing is the parents got all over TV and said they'd be satisfied with an arrest.

They lied. They got their arrest and still aren't satisfied.

What a surprise!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you read the transcript, you'll see the state attorney refers to the dv order as an 'injunction' --- "DE LA RIONDA: OK. And were you also aware of a prior incident that Mr. Zimmerman had in which a lady by the name of Veronica and her last name is Zuazo, (INAUDIBLE) where she filed an injunction against Mr. Zimmerman because of his violence?

Can't you just say ty for the link, that's something you didn't recall. Then you could say a male judge minimized dv.
Sorry I didn't say thank you. Re: the DV, I just read Judge Lester's words. Mea Culpa!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

I was unable to find the violation you speak of...
I don't think it is a personal attack to ask someone politely not to change my own words. I have several examples where you edited a member's post. I've been very civil about this, so if you want to report me, go ahead. I've done nothing wrong or shown hostility. Bye.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:18 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,862,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!

What I find amusing is the parents got all over TV and said they'd be satisfied with an arrest.

They lied. They got their arrest and still aren't satisfied.

What a surprise!
They won't be happy with a trial or even a verdict from a jury. They want a check, from the police and from everyone else, they want money.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:19 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,107,778 times
Hot topic! Put me on the side against Zimmerman. He flat-out pursued Trayvon when told not to by law officials, and started the violence. Maybe Trayvon fought back - who could blame him!?! And Trayvon died for no reason. Zimmerman is just some nut-job vigilante who, thank goodness, was never able to actually become a member of law enforcement. This guy needs to do jail time, and the local police need to be prosecuted themselves for criminal stupidity.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,527 times
Quote:
I wish you would not type your comments in bold. It makes it difficult to quote you. It's also very childish.
I was referring to this comment you made...

Quote:
I don't think it is a personal attack to ask someone politely not to change my own words. I have several examples where you edited a member's post. I've been very civil about this, so if you want to report me, go ahead. I've done nothing wrong or shown hostility. Bye.
I don't edit member's posts or change their words, I may snip out the part I am referring to, I don't believe this is against the TOS...

Old 04-22-2012, 04:29 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,709,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Hot topic! Put me on the side against Zimmerman. He flat-out pursued Trayvon when told not to by law officials, and started the violence. Maybe Trayvon fought back - who could blame him!?! And Trayvon died for no reason. Zimmerman is just some nut-job vigilante who, thank goodness, was never able to actually become a member of law enforcement. This guy needs to do jail time, and the local police need to be prosecuted themselves for criminal stupidity.
No, he stopped running and said "OK" to the non-emergency line dispatcher(who are NOT law enforcement) after they suggested he didn't need to follow. You can hear the wind in the background and his heavy breathing slow down, as an indication, that he stopped. Then after Zimmerman stops running, he, gives more information to the non-emergency dispatcher....and even says he doesn't want to give them his address, because he wasn't sure where Trayvon was at the time. That sounds to me like he is no longer following Trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.