Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,320,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
They probably refused to handle it which is part of the job. Therefore IHOP was right to fire them for refusing to do their job.

It's similar to waitresses who refuse to serve meat plates or an alcoholic beverage to a pregnant woman- it's not your job to judge what can or cannot be served but to serve as directed.
They were never reprimanded, according to the article:

Quote:
Kane said that over the years, each of the four men earned positive reviews from supervisors and none had experienced any disciplinary complaints or actions.
And the restaurants did not follow their own procedures for firing employees.

Perhaps you should read the article before making such sweeping assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 04:14 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,625,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What you're describing is not hearsay. Hearsay would be "my friend Jim told me he heard the CEO say....."
I stand corrected. However, if the CEO denies he ever said such things and no evidence can be provided showing he did, then what?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,997,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
They were never reprimanded, according to the article:

And the restaurants did not follow their own procedures for firing employees.

Perhaps you should read the article before making such sweeping assumptions.
if you take the article as the only source, then you need to take it with a grain of salt. the article was slanted towards the employees. in fact i saw no response from the company in the article, not even a no comment, which means the writer NEVER contacted the company to see if any of the allegations were true or not.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,863,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
My gay friend used to work at Chik-Fil-A. As soon as he found out how much money they poured into an anti-gay cause, he quit on the spot. He was at the manager level. Everyone wanted him to stay cause he was a great worker, but he just couldn’t work for a company that has paid million of dollars for a cause that goes against every fiber of his being.
Huh time to go to Chik fil a. (thumbs up)

Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,320,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
if you take the article as the only source, then you need to take it with a grain of salt. the article was slanted towards the employees. in fact i saw no response from the company in the article, not even a no comment, which means the writer NEVER contacted the company to see if any of the allegations were true or not.
It will be proved easily enough. Disciplinary records should be on file, if they exist, and if the men have the September 11 emails, the company's goose is cooked.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,366,876 times
Will a pancake restaurant in a Muslim country hire me if I don't wear a scarf? No? Can I sue them?

If living in a non-Muslim country (like the US) is such a hardship....leave.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,842,589 times
My local IHOP franchise is OWNED by a Muslim family.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 PM

79,142 posts, read 61,269,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as managers, part of their responsibility is to fill in for ANY employee that doesnt show up for work as needed. many times managers have to fill in for line cooks, and if they refuse to handle any part of that job, then they can be fired for cause.
I stand corrected. +1 rep.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:52 PM

79,142 posts, read 61,269,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
It will be proved easily enough. Disciplinary records should be on file, if they exist, and if the men have the September 11 emails, the company's goose is cooked.
I suspect they went public so that the PARENT company puts pressure on the franchisee.

If they have solid ammo, the parent will likely force an ultimatum on the franchisee and this will settle quickly and quietly.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,310,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Is this as outrageous as the thread about the guys who claim they were fired by Bain Capital because they weren't Mormons?
Men Claim Wrongfully Fired From Texas IHOP Based for Being Muslim - ABC News
It was part of the job description and if they can't do it go work Kosher joints. That should go over real well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies