Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,836,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What would have happened to her? You seem to know going by the title of this thread.

I'm pretty sure most criminals don't murder the occupants of the house when caught inside.

Don't let that fact stop you from exaggerating and trying to scare people about the risk of crime.
Most...is a very broad statement....many do, depends on where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Had to rep you!

Better to wash the blood of the criminal off your walls than that of a loved one.

+1. That's why I like when criminals wear a sweater BTW.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Most...is a very broad statement....many do, depends on where you live.
Yes well "many" was very broad as well.

My point is can't you gun worshipers present your case without lying and exaggerating?

The title of this thread is bogus.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I love how these macho gun nuts get all their panties twisted when someone points out that most criminals caught in "break ins" don't murder the occupants.

As the title of this thread, implies.

It's so important to scare the lemmings silly, so you can sell them something, or get away with something.

Pointing out a simple truth is just a big drag on their rhetoric.

And I also love how you have an undifferentiated point of view of death. I'd rather die in a myriad of ways rather than how some of those home invasions turn out. Its why we do not allow cruel and unusual punishment. I don't want to play scratch lotto on my *ss where I can win my family being raped for a week before someone pumps bug spray or house cleaners down their throats. Yeah, its all da same ta you.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Yes well "many" was very broad as well.

My point is can't you gun worshipers present your case without lying and exaggerating?

The title of this thread is bogus.
The thread title maybe bogus, but is the information provided? Care to talk about that?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
And I also love how you have an undifferentiated point of view of death. I'd rather die in a myriad of ways rather than how some of those home invasions turn out. Its why we do not allow cruel and unusual punishment. I don't want to play scratch lotto on my *ss where I can win my family being raped for a week before someone pumps bug spray or house cleaners down their throats. Yeah, its all da same ta you.
I have a gun in my closet right at this moment.

Thing is....

.I don't think about it much.

I don't get an ego boost from owning it.

I don't think I'm a tough guy because of it.

I don't fear the World outside, and worry about "brown people" taking over.....LOL

I don't pretend if I scared off "break in" in my house....I saved my life!

Drama Queens!........LOL

Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 AM

46,322 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:

Thing is....

I don't fear the World outside, and worry about "brown people" taking over.....LOL

Drama Queens!........LOL
Whats gives you the impression that gun owners are even close to what you are talking about?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Whats gives you the impression that gun owners are even close to what you are talking about?
The constant preoccupation with talking about guns, pretending there is some serious effort to take your gun away, the conspiracy theories, how your rhetoric dove tails with anti-immigrant, and nationalistic rhetoric.

Don't play coy.

I can spot gun nuts from a mile off. Very similar to foolish Tea Party attendees.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Thing is....

Drama Queens!........LOL

Are you reading my mind right now too? Hope so.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,756,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
All who are anti-gun and want the second Amendment repealed - read this and honestly ask yourself IF this woman had NOT been a legal gun owner what would have happened to her and the public????

Woman holds suspects at gunpoint after breaking into home - Local News - Charlotte, NC - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47101313/ns/local_news-charlotte_nc/#.T5A88tm8q9s - broken link)
Good shoot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies