Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,917,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
When did CityData start the hyperbole contest? What is the prize?
Taratova was spot on. Sorry if you can't handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This post is laughable. You know nothing about me, to question my loyalty to this country. As for selling secrets to China or any other country, I would love to see your proof.

I "earned" the right to my opinion by being a tax-paying CITIZEN. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Freedom of speech!

Something illegals know nothing about, concept of being a

TAX-PAYING CITIZEN. Not a lawbreaker!
Ok to break our laws, but not do things legally. Right! great concept, whoever came up with this great idea?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Americans don't come first anymore. Your birthright and the generations of your family before you mean NOTHING.. it is now globalism that is most important to the democratic party.

The democrats by their give -aways get power.. it is the "bribe party "or it should be called that.

The illegals have more power than legal Americans. The legal Americans have to get in the back of the line. Globalism is taking away every right of Americans. It has cheapened your birthright which now includes millions of anchor babies that will be born so the line will get longer and you will never get to the front of the line.. kiss your birthright good bye.
Thank you for saying the truth, so many would like to deny. But i know so many people who honestly do feel the same exact way that you do.
People from all walks of life, so many without a silver spoon in their mouth, Obama's stupid line.
I feel this is such a slap in the face, to all past generations of each of our ancestors, that believed in the dream, of coming to this Country all the consequences and the negativity. But by all means doing it the right way.
And they did. Some as my ancestors went thru hell and high water to become citizens. But they did it legally and had pride.
Who would of thought, we would pave the way, to make it so easy to enter illegally. Who would of ever thought we would have a government, that does not give a hoot about illegals breaking the law to get here.! This President doesn't seem to give a sh-- about this problem, yeah yeah, he can play the games, but actions speak louder then his words.
He kisses and panders and whispers sweet nothing, the stupid ones are the ones buying what he is selling.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,581,977 times
Quote:
Is attending a meeting like this a legal reason to detain people to check their immigration status?
Yes It is as much of a legal reason as it is for the cops in all states to set up road check points to look for people who may be doing something against the law! Its that simple , we send men and women oversea's to defend our country, so why isn't it ok to use every tool they have to stop the criminal activites here in the US? . Or just take the fences down and let everyone in here that want's to come. let all the cops go , we don't need them , they don't want to enforce the laws they are charged to enforce , only the one's that will bring in the most profit. If your not here legally then go home and start the process the right way.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Taratova was spot on. Sorry if you can't handle it.
No, he isn't. In what way do illegal immigrants have more rights than Americans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Yes It is as much of a legal reason as it is for the cops in all states to set up road check points to look for people who may be doing something against the law!
The sobriety checkpoints have to be set up within certain guidelines including neutral formula to determine which vehicles are stopped. That is completely different than swooping in on a job fair and looking for people with brown skin to demand proof they are citizens.

Quote:
Its that simple , we send men and women oversea's to defend our country, so why isn't it ok to use every tool they have to stop the criminal activites here in the US? . Or just take the fences down and let everyone in here that want's to come. let all the cops go , we don't need them , they don't want to enforce the laws they are charged to enforce
This is a false dichotomy, there is lots of area between citizenship checks targeting foreign looking people at job fairs and a complete open immigration policy.

Quote:
If your not here legally then go home and start the process the right way.
Agreed. However that doesn't mean I should need to be prepared to prove my citizenship if I'm not committing a crime.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
When did CityData start the hyperbole contest? What is the prize?
The truth hurts? Your birthright and everyone's is worthless today. Thank globalism and the democratic party for putting the LEGAL Americans at the back of the line.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you for saying the truth, so many would like to deny. But i know so many people who honestly do feel the same exact way that you do.
People from all walks of life, so many without a silver spoon in their mouth, Obama's stupid line.
I feel this is such a slap in the face, to all past generations of each of our ancestors, that believed in the dream, of coming to this Country all the consequences and the negativity. But by all means doing it the right way.
And they did. Some as my ancestors went thru hell and high water to become citizens. But they did it legally and had pride.
Who would of thought, we would pave the way, to make it so easy to enter illegally. Who would of ever thought we would have a government, that does not give a hoot about illegals breaking the law to get here.! This President doesn't seem to give a sh-- about this problem, yeah yeah, he can play the games, but actions speak louder then his words.
He kisses and panders and whispers sweet nothing, the stupid ones are the ones buying what he is selling.
And our ancestors didn't rape the country for free benefits . They worked hard and made the country great. Now today every legal citizen will pay the price for the waste and big government handouts to anyone who is not an American citizen. All those freebees will keep bringing in more illegals here.

We Americans know what it is to tow the line to the word legal... we are not allowed to break laws or we will be fined, put in jail or make to jump though hoops to get a new drivers license or prove who we are.. we the Americans have to make sure we do everything legally. We know what the word illegal means. If we dare cross that line we will pay. Not so for the ones who come here and break laws and our democratic president looks the other way or sues the states for going after the illegals.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:44 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,267,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
No it does not. Immigration status is a personal and private matter and we the real citizens of the USA will no longer tolerate the racism surrounding this issue. If you are the sort of racist individual that is concerned with the immigration status of others, please do us, the great people of the USA a favor and take your anti-USA nonsense to Saudi Arabia, they will love you there.
Immigration status is NOT a private matter when one is illegal, and illegally employed, illegally collecting welfare, illegally clogging up ER's, illegally enrolled in schools, illegally in the US, and racking the bills up for the LEGAL citizens.

What "racism"? Illegal immigrants are now their own "race"?

Maybe you should do the great LEGAL citizens of the USA a favor and take all your illegal friends to Saudi Arabia. See how that works out and for how long.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,205,828 times
Quote:
The truth hurts? Your birthright and everyone's is worthless today. Thank globalism and the democratic party for putting the LEGAL Americans at the back of the line.
You do realize this post doesn't back up anything you said, other than repeating the same asinine hyperbole claim. Have you been a silly drama queen your entire life?

Let's try again: exactly how do illegal immigrants have more rights than I do as an American citizen?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,917,938 times
Quote:
No, he isn't. In what way do illegal immigrants have more rights than Americans?

See Taratova post below...this is but one of many examples.

Quote:
And our ancestors didn't rape the country for free benefits . They worked hard and made the country great. Now today every legal citizen will pay the price for the waste and big government handouts to anyone who is not an American citizen. All those freebees will keep bringing in more illegals here.

We Americans know what it is to tow the line to the word legal... we are not allowed to break laws or we will be fined, put in jail or make to jump though hoops to get a new drivers license or prove who we are.. we the Americans have to make sure we do everything legally. We know what the word illegal means. If we dare cross that line we will pay. Not so for the ones who come here and break laws and our democratic president looks the other way or sues the states for going after the illegals.
Hispanics whether they are legal or not also get away with behavior in the workplace that their white counterparts cannot. I know this firsthand from my last job. Mexican co-workers were allowed to chit chat in spanish at the same time that myself and a white co-worker were told there was no time for personal talk when "there was work to be done". They are also given greater lee-way in customer service times while we were told we had to get our times up. And countless other examples.

I suspect others could come forward with their own stories of reverse discrimination in the workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies