Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 09:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,355,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Is this another communists paper that you are reading roy? This makes the second one from which you have posted links too. You must be a communist lover since real Americans wouldn't read that crap.
Naw. I just read that one on one of those conservative blogs and when I found Beck reading it so prigs could understand the writing I just couldn't hold back.

Are you one of those who really believe that Communists still hold sway in the old nation of Czechoslovakia? You sure sound like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Bill Maher has it right when he says the greater majority of Americans are stupid.
America is a nation of obedient, ignorant, paranoid, gullible, Status Quo sucka$$es.
Yep and in 2008 many of them proved what they were, as far as I am concerned.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,988,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yep and in 2008 many of them proved what they were, as far as I am concerned.
I agree, good thing the people picked correctly anyway, and we can count on them to do the right thing again in November

Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,615,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Plenty around. I see plenty that Mcarthy let slip through the cracks around too.
Let me tell you something here. My wife's family suffered greatly under communism. Her dad's family in the USSR and her mom's family in the GDR. It's extremely offensive to the memories of those of her family who were killed by those regimes to listen to the nonstop ignorant garbage posted by people who don't have a single solitary clue of what communism is. On a political spectrum a mile long you azzhats claim people 2 inches to the left of center are communists. Do you have any idea at all just how stupid that makes you??? How ignorant of any kind of reality at all? How delusional, blind, deaf and dumb????

My wife's grandfather was sent to the Gulag because he was a farmer who employed a couple of men as helpers. When he escaped the GRU shot his three brothers and quite a few cousins. The KGB chased my father in law around Russia for 5 years before he and his mother were able to escape to Germany. Can you even imagine that Germany under the Nazis seemed like paradise compared to the USSR for my inlaws. After the war they were all stuck in Eastern Germany and again they were hounded and killed by the government until the survivours were able to escape to the West.

I can't stress to strongly that those who are talking about any kind of communist threat to the USA are beyond the pale. Just complete and utter "NUTBARS".

Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Yeah well look at healthcare.

It required emergency closed door meetings by Obama and the Democratic leadership to convince his own party to vote for it in sufficient numbers.

They had to make such outrageous deals that they were given names like the Cornhusker kickback and the Louisana Purchase

Obama issued waivers exempting many of the organizations who endorsed Obamacare from actually being subject to it themselves.

All polls showed more of the people opposed it than supported it.

They considered using the Slaughter rule and ended up having to use the budget reconcilation process to get it passed

It sparked nationwide protests not by political activists or fringe groups but by average middle class Americans the like of which have never been seen before.

The Congress people who voted for it got ousted in an epic overturning that even Obama himself termed a shellacking.

And what did Obama call it? A duly constituted law that was passed by a strong majority.

So you really can't expect honesty from Democrats.

When you consider that, then Obama spending twice as much money as McCain and then getting 52% of the vote is a "landslide". I mean you have to compare that to the real squeakers like when Reagan only managed to win 44 out of the 50 states with 90% of the electoral vote in his first election and capture 97% of the electoral vote and only won 49 out of the 50 states in his bid for re-election. Certainly we can't compare a pitiful performance like that to the great Obama.
To our progs just winning is a landslide. They have heard that word and think that it was a landslide although it was too close for that. Nice attempt to school them, but it won't affect their thinking.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
You described The People as a danger to America:

"the people are more of a danger"

The Sovereign People of the United States are a "danger?" A danger to what? America? Hell man, The People ARE America!

Your post suggests a common misperception: That America can be defined by something other than The People. Do you know nothing of our great Republic? Nothing of the Declaration of Independence? Nothing of the Constitution and our form of government? You simply CANNOT separate The People from any definition of America.

If there's anyone who needs education, it appears to be you and Roy and those like you who simply do not understand that our government is not a stand alone entity, created out of whole cloth. It is the representation of The People and to then suggest that those very same People are a danger is moronic in the extreme.

And, of course, it begs the question of to just what lengths y'all would go to "save" America from The People or, to put more succinctly, to save us from ourselves.
What do you of the progressive persuasion think about the people in that video? They knew only what the Democrat Party and the media had convinced them of about politics but were convinced that their votes were very smart. I especially liked them spouting the garbage that they had heard about the Republicans that was all lies.

Deal with those people and the others who voted in total ignorance. I keep trying to do that but just can't seem to handle how stupid they were. The only ones of them that I could accept were the two black women who admitted that they had been misinformed about the whole thing and that they knew very little about the whole thing.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How long do you intend to remain stuck in your 1950's time warp?
At least as long as you manage to believe that the taking down of those walls and fences caused the death of the Communist Party. Have you taken a chance today to read anything at the Party website?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,535,293 times
I often wonder, if Obama is a communist, what would you call a real communist? Someone that actively wants to take everything you have away and nationalize it. End private property. Redistribute everything you have among everyone else. I don't mean raising taxes a few percentage points or expanding social programs a bit, which is what Obama has been asking for, I mean, real honest-to-goodness communism.

You really only can cry wolf so many times.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Like so many other irrational conservos, you see Americans as your enemies.
I thought that about 47% of the Americans who voted in that election were smart enough but the 52% who elected Obama weren't so very smart. Didn't you see my video about 12 of them?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:37 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,342,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Bill Maher has it right when he says the greater majority of Americans are stupid.
America is a nation of obedient, ignorant, paranoid, gullible, Status Quo sucka$$es.
Say this for Maher: He knows his audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies