Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

When the airline captain told the tower at the airport he needed to make an unscheduled landing at because of the bird that had entered one of his engines said what that one said today I had to wonder what atheists would think about what he said. Of course, I am talking about him reporting that he had 170+ souls on bird. Do you people accept being called souls since you don't believe in God?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:45 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When the airline captain told the tower at the airport he needed to make an unscheduled landing at because of the bird that had entered one of his engines said what that one said today I had to wonder what atheists would think about what he said. Of course, I am talking about him reporting that he had 170+ souls on bird. Do you people accept being called souls since you don't believe in God?
If you're bored and want to troll, take this RELIGIOUS question to the RELIGION thread....it qualifies, it's really silly.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
"said what that one said today"......?

Could you be more specific?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Huh?

Old 04-20-2012, 08:48 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Wait for it! This will somehow turn into an Obama bash. Wait for it!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:51 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
It's just a figure of speech. I'm cool with it.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"said what that one said today"......?

Could you be more specific?
Oh, he's trying to start a fuss because the pilot called the passengers "souls'....see, godbelievers are whiney overly sensitive things who get insulted if everyone doesn't obey all THEIR rules and try to get others to act as stupid as they do.

This belongs in the Religion forum, otherwise it is a troll thread.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Please translate the bolded.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Your thread title mentions a serious question?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:04 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

GOOD QUESTION ROY. I was interested, yet skeptical (as I am wed to science) about religion for a number of years despite being married to a devout Catholic. Two of my physics professors in undergrad (one of which was a Nobel Prize winner) were devout Catholics. They both told me that the more I understood about advanced physics and mathematics, the closer I would understand God. It took me 25 years and a very close brush with death, but I am a true believer. Being close to death really clears up alot of issues for you fairly quickly. If one emerges from these situations alive, it is probably the best thing to ever happen to anyone. However, I would not wish it upon anyone.

Math, science, and religion are VERY CLOSELY LINKED. However, to those who have a marginal understanding of physics and math, who feel "enlightened", you will get the exact opposite response. Perhaps one should ask them specific questions about Maxwell's equations, the union of Enstein's perception of physics and quantum physics via different dimensions, and the mathematical probability of such events being "random".

Modestly intelligent "idiots" dismiss religion, as they lack the intelectual background and capability to understand VERY complex math and physics which actually unite concepts of religion and science. Such fools are "proud" of their rejection of religion as a reflection of their "elevated intellect" above those who embrace superstition. Oddly, their perception is a clumsy exposure of true ignorance (witness Bill Maher, who is a obviously just an above normal IQ guy who perceives himself as a genius. It is embarrassing and sad to hear him talk, as he actually believes he is intelligent).

Those folks can come back to me when you REALLY understand physics and math. Sadly, they never will. If they did, they would find themselves on their knees more and in front of more advanced physics texts. Until then, I dismiss the "liberal marching orders" of blind atheism to embrace the intellect of an ant. I find it hard to debate with an ant and find it irrelevant and uninteresting, much like discussions with liberals in other matters.

PS- Liberals will dismiss this, of course. Perhaps they should take an objective measurement of their IQ before dismissing such thoughts. If it is below 150 and they have not taken advanced physics and math, perhaps they should reconsider their position. This will never occur, as liberalism confers absolute arrogance, despite minimal intellectual and academic credentials to support their positions.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 04-20-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies