Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,579,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
later when the couple get burglerized they will post about how people are so stand offish and unneighborly and unfriendly, and why dont they just talk to each other like they should, why isnt there more diversity. i wonder, how many people in that neighborhood got the copper taken out of their house when the house was left empty before the 2 guys decided to confront 2 strangers going all over the house trying to get in without a key?
Yeah, yeah, hypothesize and throw out "what ifs" to obsure the fact two innocent folks were confronted by armed thugs and treated to a nasty afternoon by stupid people!

Here's another "what if" for you; the son who bought the place has now got all the proof he needs he should fear his neighbours. They broke the law so they have already demonstrated they're the most likely to show up some night when they're not home and loot the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 AM

374 posts, read 815,755 times
Well, I was sort of kidding. But I hate when people use the term "racist" and "redneck, hillbilly, good ol' boy, ect" interchangeably. Because they aren't the same thing. And you can be one without being the other.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM

13,676 posts, read 10,070,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
later when the couple get burglerized they will post about how people are so stand offish and unneighborly and unfriendly, and why dont they just talk to each other like they should, why isnt there more diversity. i wonder, how many people in that neighborhood got the copper taken out of their house when the house was left empty before the 2 guys decided to confront 2 strangers going all over the house trying to get in without a key?
As soon as the couple explained the situation, that should have been the end of it. If they really were burglars, they would have made their excuses and left, toot suit.

To hold them at gunpoint like they were some kind of criminal when you are not law enforcement is a ridiculous overstep of your neighborly role.

You don't have to prove anything to your neighbors, whether they are well intended or otherwise. You don't. End of story.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,579,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree. There is nothing wrong with people looking out for one another. I think these guys didn't strike up a conversation to the couple is because maybe they are a bit slow.
Nice way of saying "retarded" but still allowed to own guns! Sheesh.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM

20,741 posts, read 19,453,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
This is some crazy sh**. These two idiots have some nerve to think anyone has to explain themselves to them. They know dam well there isn’t too many 57/61 year old burglaries running around. These fools need to be locked up. I honestly wish I would run into people like this…

You are despicable. You shamelessly profiled these people? You need to suspect people equally. A little girl in a tutu should be considered as much as a potential militant, 5th columnist insurgent that would murder an entire family in a brutal and lengthy home invasion as any. That little pony tail may indeed be the brush on a canvas of gore.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,166,624 times
Quote:
"rednecks" or "good old boys"?
Becaue they live in Newton County, GA, and they said, and I quote, "We take care of our own"...

Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 AM

39,951 posts, read 26,685,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
Well, I was sort of kidding. But I hate when people use the term "racist" and "redneck, hillbilly, good ol' boy, ect" interchangeably. Because they aren't the same thing. And you can be one without being the other.
Kinda like using the term black interchangably with "ni**er. Not the same thing, but equally offensive, racist terms. But of couse when offensive, demeaning, racially derrogatory terms are used for whites...no one is supposed to be offended.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,488,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They should have gotten to know the neighbors before they tried to enter the house. Just common sense - if you aren't part of the neighborhood - you introduce yourself and allay suspicion. I don't think these people should be charged with any crime.
Was there a "For Sale" sign in the yard?

If a house in my neighborhood has been up for sale, and I know that the owners have moved out.... the last thing I'm going to think when I see two strangers fiddling with the locks on the door is "oh burglars!" and try to hold them at gunpoint. I'm going to be thinking, "thank God someone finally bought that eye sore, hopefully they fix it up!" and I'd go introduce myself.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,158,303 times
I’ll tell you this if 60 year old couple was messing with the locks on a vacant house in my neighborhood I wouldn’t hold them hostage at gun point. You know these idiots expressed trashy behavior. They should be thrown in jail and their right to own a firearm should be revoked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
You never know. Nobody really knows the whole story of the situation. The couple probably looked extremely suspicious. They didn't have proof of house ownership with them and they were messing about with the locks on an empty house.[/quote]

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM

487 posts, read 1,822,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Was there a "For Sale" sign in the yard?

If a house in my neighborhood has been up for sale, and I know that the owners have moved out.... the last thing I'm going to think when I see two strangers fiddling with the locks on the door is "oh burglars!" and try to hold them at gunpoint. I'm going to be thinking, "thank God someone finally bought that eye sore, hopefully they fix it up!" and I'd go introduce myself.
Yep, the last thing I would do is pull a gun on someone when I know a house is up for sale and see someone at the door-especially an older couple. I know people burglarize empty homes for copper and such but even if I were that suspicious, I would call the cops and keep an eye on them till they arrived. I know if I were that couple I wouldn't want to live next door to those idiots. And the police-sheeesh, wouldn't you check to see if the couple actually has the keys. Anyway the moron neighbors were arrested and charged with criminal tresspass, false imprisonment and aggravated assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies