Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times

Advertisements

"...For example, she has said that when Mitt was in college, the two of them were so financially strapped that they had to liquidate some of their stock portfolio to get by. At the time Mrs. Romney said that she was engaged in a “struggle” to bring up her children, the family was living in a seven bedroom, six-and-a-half-bathroom mock-Colonial mansion in Belmont, Massachusetts, while spending summers at their five-thousand-square-foot vacation home, which sits on eleven lakefront acres in New Hampshire..."

Read more Ann Romney's Speech : The New Yorker

Sounds like just regular folks to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
"...For example, she has said that when Mitt was in college, the two of them were so financially strapped that they had to liquidate some of their stock portfolio to get by. At the time Mrs. Romney said that she was engaged in a “struggle” to bring up her children, the family was living in a seven bedroom, six-and-a-half-bathroom mock-Colonial mansion in Belmont, Massachusetts, while spending summers at their five-thousand-square-foot vacation home, which sits on eleven lakefront acres in New Hampshire..."

well, it sure as hell wasnt hard for obama since he had affirmative action pulling for him.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
well, it sure as hell wasnt hard for obama since he had affirmative action pulling for him.

This thread isn't about Obama.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
So? Jealous much?

Just because they have money does not make them bad. Not everyone is destitute and having money or not does not make you a good or bad person. This pathetic jealousy of the Romneys wealth from the left is getting really old. You lefties should admire him and aspire to be as successful as he is......he sets a good example and will be a great leader! Oh, but I forgot, the lefties want an entitlement nation where they just take from others with no personal responsibility.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Exactly! not to mention 'regular folks' do not attend Harvard.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
So? Jealous much?

Just because they have money does not make them bad. Not everyone is destitute and having money or not does not make you a good or bad person. This pathetic jealousy of the Romneys wealth from the left is getting really old. You lefties should admire him and aspire to be as successful as he is......he sets a good example and will be a great leader! Oh, but I forgot, the lefties want an entitlement nation where they just take from others with no personal responsibility.
Nope, having $$$ doesn't make them bad at all. Pretending they don't doesn't make them good either.

Wealth alone is a poor scale to judge someone by. After all, Saddam had lots of $$$

Mitt's shown too much willingness to go to war in Iran for my taste. I've seen what happens when an administration is pre-disposed to war and IMO it ain't good.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nope, having $$$ doesn't make them bad at all. Pretending they don't doesn't make them good either.

Wealth alone is a poor scale to judge someone by. After all, Saddam had lots of $$$

Mitt's shown too much willingness to go to war in Iran for my taste. I've seen what happens when an administration is pre-disposed to war and IMO it ain't good.
This thread is about their money.....not about war and Romneys supposed actions regarding war.

I do not see where they pretend to not have money. A families hardship is relative and each will have their own. Doesn't make one any more or less than another's.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:

Why do they have to be regular folks? Why the class envy? Be happy with what you have. Let go of the anger.

The economy stinks. I would rather have someone who knows what they are doing at the helm, than a community organizer, who is a proven failure.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
This thread is about their money.....not about war and Romneys supposed actions regarding war.

I do not see where they pretend to not have money. A families hardship is relative and each will have their own. Doesn't make one any more or less than another's.

No, it's about how clueless they really are. They really do think of themselves as just regular folks...and they're not. Oh...among their "kind," I suppose they are, but out here on Main St. they're becoming a joke.

They remind me very much of the Bush family. Remember G.H.W. marveling at a cash register? It was obvious he'd never been a store! Well..it's as obvious here that Mitt and Ann never had to struggle the way we regular folks do, but THEY DON'T KNOW IT! They seem to think that having to sell off some investments to get through college is "struggling."

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to put a man so clueless into the White House.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
No, it's about how clueless they really are. They really do think of themselves as just regular folks...and they're not. Oh...among their "kind," I suppose they are, but out here on Main St. they're becoming a joke.

They remind me very much of the Bush family. Remember G.H.W. marveling at a cash register? It was obvious he'd never been a store! Well..it's as obvious here that Mitt and Ann never had to struggle the way we regular folks do, but THEY DON'T KNOW IT! They seem to think that having to sell off some investments to get through college is "struggling."

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to put a man so clueless into the White House.
Cluesless? Have you noticed the economy stinks? I'd say the current occupant of the WH is so clueless as to be dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies