Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Dems believe that gov't needs to step in to provide services, to distribute tax revenues (tax the rich,
And tax the poor and tax the middle class... in fact, the Dems tax everybody.

Quote:
provide aid to the poor,
and aid to the rich like Obama's buddies at Solyndra and GM and many other rich people.....

Quote:
and unemployment benefits to people who've lost their jobs due to corruption in the banking industry and poor fiscal policy under the Republicans), etc.
and unemployment benefits to people who've lost their jobs due to corruption in the banking industry and poor fiscal policy under the Democrats), etc.

and unemployment benefits to people who've lost their jobs due to government regulations that kill jobs in many industries under the Democrats), etc.

And losers who refuse to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Lol

Liberals tend to be more educated and tend to want equal rights for all people. .

LOL. Yes, they want to restrict everybody's rights equally. Less freedom for all is the Dems mantra.

If "more educated" means less freedom then let's reduce education.... but we all know that's not true. More education always leads to more freedom and that's why it's obvious that the Dems are not "more educated". If they were, they would not be so hell bent on restricting our freedom and telling us how to live.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:38 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
LOL. Yes, they want to restrict everybody's rights equally. Less freedom for all is the Dems mantra.

If "more educated" means less freedom then let's reduce education.... but we all know that's not true. More education always leads to more freedom and that's why it's obvious that the Dems are not "more educated". If they were, they would not be so hell bent on restricting our freedom and telling us how to live.
Liberals are not truly "educated". They have been brain washed and indoctrinated by 50 years of a liberal educational agenda devoted to dumbing down everyone. Fortunately, some of us came through with our reasoning powers still intact.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Liberals are not truly "educated". They have been brain washed and indoctrinated by 50 years of a liberal educational agenda devoted to dumbing down everyone. Fortunately, some of us came through with our reasoning powers still intact.
Virtually every far right goon in congress has been through "liberal" higher education and that doesn't seems to phase them.
Don't mistake being uneducated and ignorant as being a good thing.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsheehan026 View Post
..So if Ron Paul is a Liberaterian and I like him and what he stands for does that make me a Liberal? Don't get me wrong I won't vote for him but I do love what he stands for, and I do think he is correct in almost all his views.

So if I stand for Liberty and I don't think the Constitution is an out dated document, and I think Goverment should get the heck out of the way and give the power back to the States... What am I?

I'm sorry, you lost me here. Why on EARTH would you NOT vote for someone you think is that right?

I don't care if you support St. Hope and Change, Mittens or Paul...why the hell would you NOT vote for who you think would do the best job? You think he is correct in almost all of his views, you love what he stands for but you won't vote for him?!

You stand for Liberty, you think we should follow the Constitution, you want a smaller government, you LIKE what Paul stands for, you think he is correct in almost everything...

I...I...I'm sorry, my brain is frying, it can't compute.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 PM

97 posts, read 417,818 times
Three Wolves in Snow,

I answered this question on the first page. Naturally questioning this very statement was one of the first replies in the thread.

In short it isn't just about who you like or who has the same views as you. It is a very complicated system we have built over the years. You have to also look into the idea of how well that person you like so much will do with the system in place.

But here is the one I am really stuck on. I don't know yet if I will vote for Obama or Romney. I don't care for Romney but I do think he would be better for the president than Obama. But, I also know that at some point we have to turn this ship around. And at this time there are not enough people noticing that we are headed in the wrong direction. It's my feeling that if we give Obama 4 more years finally we will have enough proof that the left is wrong that even they will have to realize it. It could finally solve this issues we all spend so much time debating.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Three Wolves in Snow,

I answered this question on the first page. Naturally questioning this very statement was one of the first replies in the thread.

In short it isn't just about who you like or who has the same views as you. It is a very complicated system we have built over the years. You have to also look into the idea of how well that person you like so much will do with the system in place.

But here is the one I am really stuck on. I don't know yet if I will vote for Obama or Romney. I don't care for Romney but I do think he would be better for the president than Obama. But, I also know that at some point we have to turn this ship around. And at this time there are not enough people noticing that we are headed in the wrong direction. It's my feeling that if we give Obama 4 more years finally we will have enough proof that the left is wrong that even they will have to realize it. It could finally solve this issues we all spend so much time debating.
It sounds like you are more of a hard right teaparty type, then a pro freedom libertarian.
At this point with the main two parties you have the choice between center/right Obama, or center/right Romney.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Three Wolves in Snow,

If Obama gets four more years, it will be the final blow to the country. He has already told us, with his open mike blooper, that he will have "more flexibility" in another term. Read between the lines. This means he will pull out all the stops and forge ahead with his leftist agenda he had to downplay during his first term. Don't count on a Republican Congress to be able to stop him. He has already circumvented Congress more than once with Executive Orders that he could not get passed into law through Congress. Beware.......

Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Three Wolves in Snow,

Do you actually believe that St. Hope and Change or Mittens are going to change anything? Do you really believe that?! Do you believe either of them is going to do anything good with the "system in place" when they believe the same things and support the same things?

If you think we are heading in the wrong direction, why would you want to give it four more years? Four more years of going in the wrong direction makes it TWICE AS HARD to get back to where we were and towards the right direction.

I do not understand your logic one iota.

It's like if you were walking along a trail and you realized you were going in the wrong direction. By your logic, we should continue on in the wrong direction hoping that maybe, somewhere along the way, you'll end up where you wanted to be initially.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Huh? I can't make the connection between libertarianism and autism? I am not the first person on earth to propose this:

Being Libertarian May Cause Autism - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

And the original : The Science of Libertarian Morality - Reason Magazine

In related news, E.O. Wilson has a new book out about what he believes is the primary human internal conflict: The need for self preservation vs. preservation of the group. Humans, being a social species, have evolved as groups: families, tribes, cities, nations. Some people just have a different balance of superego and ego. We place a lot of value on kindness towards others and empathy, but that's because it helps the species survive. If we were a solitary species, heck, we'd all be libertarians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies