Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

BTW...what grades did Bush get in Geology and Middle Eastern Wars?
Vizzini: "You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha... "
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, his smile frozen on his face and falls to the ground dead]

The Princess Bride(1987)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 AM

867 posts, read 498,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Transcript: Al Gore Got

That's amusing. Of course Barack Obama was a Constitutional law professor, and yet doesn't understand the basics of judicial review taught in every first year Constitutional law course in law school:

Barack Obama, Constitutional Ignoramus | Power Line

Hey,when you are a liberal, it doesn't matter whether you are correct, as long as you believe in the "right" things!
D in Natural Science
F in Vice President

Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
No, I got straight A's in econ. I also got straight A's in law school.

I think education is great.

It's also why I think it's hilarious that Al Gore received a D in natural sciences, the idiot Bush had better grades than the smart and haughty John Kerry, and the genius Obama doesn't understand basics of Constitutional law, which he taught.

I find it all ironic, amusing and illuminating, all at the same time. Don't you?
D's in everything? Really?
Seems like you know everything, what's anyone else need?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,194,055 times
Isn't this old news?

Gore's Grades Belie Image of Studiousness (washingtonpost.com)

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Liberals love those Ivy League Schools.....put them up on pedestals....proclaim greatness from their graduates. It's an interesting dichotomy considering they take pride in these "scholars of academia" while hating rich people who are "scholars of business" and are many times Ivy League grads themselves. I often wonder how they reconcile the hypocrital oath of pride and envy that they push into the American psyche.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals love those Ivy League Schools.....put them up on pedestals....proclaim greatness from their graduates. It's an interesting dichotomy considering they take pride in these "scholars of academia" while hating rich people who are "scholars of business" and are many times Ivy Leage grads themselves. I often wonder how they reconcile the hypocrital oath of pride and envy that they push into the American psyche.
There is so much irony in that paragraph, I think I now need chelation therapy.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:58 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There is so much irony in that paragraph, I think I now need chelation therapy.
Feel free to spell it out. I bet you can't do it with any cogency.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Funny a D is not an issue when it is a beloved liberal icon like that sweat machine. Bush getting a C grade at Harvard raised the rabble a few years ago...but then again he was a R.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
I can't speak for that class or Gore, but kids who get straight A's are not pushing their personal envelopes. I sometimes learned the most in classes with the lowest grades. It is healthy to step outside the comfort zone.

If this is meant to imply that Gore knows nothing about AGW, I think it is a tenuous link at best.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Did you ever ask yourself why you have barely above a 20% rep? Here's your answer!
Oh..so this place is all about getting reps? SMH....nice to know that. I thought it was a place to come and spit out your opinions.

LOL...this dude is running around figuring out rep percentages. Hey...i've got one word for you...HOBBY!! Get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies