Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times

Advertisements

At least the they didn't fire their guns. The new measure for good neighbors, I guess.

"'He told us to put our hands up and to get out of the house or they would shoot us,' Congo-born Jean told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. . . The homeowners were arrested and taken away in a patrol car by Newton County Sheriff deputies and later charged with loitering and prowling."

Read more: Not the nicest of welcomes: Couple held at gunpoint by new neighbours who threatened to shoot them after thinking they were burglars | Mail Online

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
That sounds bad... it sounds like the neighbors are racist... if the house is for sale and everyone knows its for sale, seeing new people there doesn't imply robbery, it implies new residents... instead of introducing themselves, they showed up with guns... which is clearly racially-motivated... if I were the new owners, I look to move somewhere else... its sad, but racism still does exist... I am not implying that all the neighbors are racist but whoever started it... the others may have just been told that someone is breaking into a house... If I was one of those neighbors, I would of gone over and apologize...

Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
interesting stuff. two basic rageholic post themes going on CDF all the time.
24/7.
1st post theme. why are my neighbors so apathetic and non involved? why dont people talk to each other and get involved how bout some diversity?
2nd post theme. why are my neighbors judgemental and stereotyping why cant they see the beautiful person within? why cant they just mind their own business.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-22-2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old 04-22-2012, 10:33 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That sounds bad... it sounds like the neighbors are racist... if the house is for sale and everyone knows its for sale, seeing new people there doesn't imply robbery, it implies new residents... instead of introducing themselves, they showed up with guns... which is clearly racially-motivated... if I were the new owners, I look to move somewhere else... its sad, but racism still does exist... I am not implying that all the neighbors are racist but whoever started it... the others may have just been told that someone is breaking into a house... If I was one of those neighbors, I would of gone over and apologize...
And your proof is?

Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
My guess is that likely it was the evicted former homeowner, or someone thinking they were acting on their behalf, trying to keep anyone from moving in.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
And your proof is?
I never said it was... I said it sounds like... common sense is my proof...

Old 04-22-2012, 10:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
That sucks good thing cooler heads prevailed. So is this racism because the wife is white?

Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:

I agree with you. It only makes sense, if a home is up for sale, someone new is going to move in, that is the general idea.
That is a no brainer, sometiems you do not know who is moving into a new home, until they actually start moving in.
The neighbors clearly seem racist to me, and sounds like as if they did not want them for their new neighbors.
If they were going to call the police, call but have the police ask the people what is going on, and i would not have said put them in jail, for gosh sakes.But to find out why there were there.
I would not like living in this area.
I happen to live in a area, where everyone is so caring about everyone else, truly, it is like this. And we watch for each others kids. We have block and barbecue and pizza party's it is wonderful. And we all respect and have concern for each others properties.
Infact we even have block partys, when one of the children in the cul-de-sac has a birthday party.
I would not be happy in the situation these people were in.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Firstly this is a news report and only one side of the story. Secondly the wife is white. Thirdly how do you know the neighbors were white? You're automatically assuming the neighbors were white, that is racism staring you right in the mirror.

----edit-------

FYI there has been somewhat of an epidemic of people breaking into unoccupied homes and stealing the copper, just because the house is for sale doesn't imply they are new residents.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,349 times
Hey at least they moved into a hood with a good neighbourhood watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies