Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
I could take issue with the 1929 stock mkt crash analogy, but that is only a small difference in where both of us see the big picture here so I won't waste either of our times.

It is clear we have two completely different worldviews on what the role of the gov't is, and to what level of personal responsiblity we each see should be expected by the citizens of the US.

That's fine. That is what makes you a liberal and me a conservative. I don't imagine we're going to find a lot of common ground on the value of increased personal resonsbilty on this topic as you feel individuals' needs can best be provided by the state. That would be the opposite of where I'm at.

Agree to disagree?

Thx for the civil discussion.

I think the real difference is that you have alot more faith in America intellect regarding finanical matters and I don't. Actually judging from this years and the past two or three election cycles I have little faith in the country's overall intellect in general.

thanks for the discussion there is proably more that I could learn in regards to investment finances, but I'm more interested in social thinking/actions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies